Muppet Fairytales / Muppet Classic Theater

Tim

Reaction score
Except for Frank still doing Piggy, it's not worth it. I have it and watched it once. I heard directly from one of the principal performers who worked it how different the mood was on the set without Jim, and instead of taking the time and concentraiting on doing quality work "all they did was ***** about the budget", and the results show.

Mixed reviews and so-so sales.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I actually enjoyed this one. I (being the critical "Steve's Kermit" guy) thought Steve was at his best with the frog on this one. The "Elves and the Shoemaker" skit was very Muppety. If you find it on clearance or on sale, it's a nice addition to your collection, otherwise it's worth the rent, not a super-high rewatch value, but definitely entertaining.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I thought it was decent, it kind of reminded me of a modernesque version of TMS. The Elvises and the Shoemaker was the best. I also enjoyed the little hosting bits with Gonzo and Rizzo. I kind of feel they should've used more characters, but overall, it was a decent DTV special. Would've been interesting to see what they did if they continued making more.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I really like Muppet Classic Theater. In fact, I was just thinking yesterday how I ought to watch it again. Excuse me a moment...

Skye

Reaction score
I haven't seen it for years, and have been thinking that I should watch it again sometime soon, too. But, I remember thinking it was pretty good and cute when I did see it!

rexcrk

Reaction score
I like Muppet Classic Theater, I still have my tape around somewhere. I'd like for it to be released on DVD but I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

When I watched It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie for the first time I was like "OMG!!!" when the Elvises came on during the Moulin Scrooge number because I had remembered them from Muppet Classic Theater. :stick_out_tongue: :big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
When I watched It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie for the first time I was like "OMG!!!" when the Elvises came on during the Moulin Scrooge number because I had remembered them from Muppet Classic Theater. :stick_out_tongue: :big_grin:
Me, too! Ha ha. Of course, I'm in Memphis, TN, so anything "Elvis" like catches my attention.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Yeah, I hadn't seen Muppets Tonight in a very long time when It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie came out, so I thought was awesome they brought back the Evises from Muppet Classic Theater, too... also... as well...