Let's Give the FanFics a Comeback!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
There used to be all kinds of fan fiction here, and it seems it was even a major draw for this website. Now we only have like one or two members adding to their old stories every few months! It's sad. Fan fiction gets a bad name. Most people are too afraid to even bring it up in regular conversation. But it shouldn't be that way. All your doing is writing a story. It's a fantastic way for us fans to, not only be creative, but to improve our writing skills, get to know our favorite characters, and even write those Muppet movie ideas we've had in our heads for five years. Heck, you can even collaborate with other members to write a story!

The stories you write don't even have to be good! All we can ask is, you put passion, time and effort into them, and do your best! Even if your best doesn't seem that good to you, you will improve over time. :smile:

So, c'mon everybody, let's get creative and have fun!

Muppetgirl09

Reaction score
I'm always told that I need to come back, and I'm trying to make time for it.

In all seriousness, I'm busy with college. Just so happens that I'm writing a non-Muppet novel that's going to published.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm always told that I need to come back, and I'm trying to make time for it.

In all seriousness, I'm busy with college. Just so happens that I'm writing a non-Muppet novel that's going to published.
Well good luck! I look forward to hearing more about it. :smile:

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
There used to be all kinds of fan fiction here, and it seems it was even a major draw for this website. Now we only have like one or two members adding to their old stories every few months! It's sad. Fan fiction gets a bad name. Most people are too afraid to even bring it up in regular conversation.
As someone who was a writer before fan fiction, I can tell you it actually does keep you writing without the pressures of an editor or publication deadline.

With that said, I don't think it's a lack of love, just a lack of time. Many of us have, you know, lives that include school, work, family, etc. There's also a number of us who write in other fandoms and as I can attest, sometimes your ideas are just with a particular fandom at one time and the others go to the way side.

With that said, I know there's usually an uptick when something new comes out - I started writing and discovered this site after the 2011 movie came out and went until the middle of the 2016 show. With THAT said, I do seem to be in a Muppet frame of mind lately, so I have been posting new stuff, but yeah. I think everyone knows we all have lives, so when a new update or story comes out, it's like a little mini Christmas.

Muppetgirl09

Reaction score
As someone who was a writer before fan fiction, I can tell you it actually does keep you writing without the pressures of an editor or publication deadline.

With that said, I don't think it's a lack of love, just a lack of time. Many of us have, you know, lives that include school, work, family, etc. There's also a number of us who write in other fandoms and as I can attest, sometimes your ideas are just with a particular fandom at one time and the others go to the way side.

With that said, I know there's usually an uptick when something new comes out - I started writing and discovered this site after the 2011 movie came out and went until the middle of the 2016 show. With THAT said, I do seem to be in a Muppet frame of mind lately, so I have been posting new stuff, but yeah. I think everyone knows we all have lives, so when a new update or story comes out, it's like a little mini Christmas.
I know! This is going to be the first time that I'm going to be able to write again in such a long time! Of course, I have two papers due next week.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I'd love to, but a lot of the Fraggle Rock fics I've written are on FF.net already (since when does that stop me?) and they're on the long side. That, and nobody seems to have any interest in my fanfics, anyway.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I used to have a more regular output but have been devoting more time to other projects (some of which are paid), so it's become more of a "once in a while" thing for me.

That said, when I do post, I hardly get any response anymore. Several of the members who would read my work and post their own have since disappeared from MC. I have also been unfortunate in my timing, posting new fanfics either around holidays or when big Muppet projects drop ("The Muppets" series debut, the recent release of "Muppet Guys Talking").

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I'd love to, but a lot of the Fraggle Rock fics I've written are on FF.net already (since when does that stop me?) and they're on the long side. That, and nobody seems to have any interest in my fanfics, anyway.
I took a look at a couple of your Fraggle Rock stories there and I liked them!

I already wrote one for the Christmas season a couple years ago. I’d like to write more, but I don’t have a lot of ideas right now.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I'd write a Muppet fanfic if I had the inspiration...

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
There's a Sesame Street News fanfic about the number zero I want to make. Just haven't gotten around to it yet. :smirk: