Let's Give the FanFics a Comeback!

cjd874

Reaction score
I really do appreciate the enthusiasm here, but here's what it comes down to: If I had more time, I would be posting more fanfics and giving feedback to others. But life comes along and keeps doling out more opportunities, obstacles, and responsibilities that must be dealt with. So for now fan fiction is not my biggest priority, but I will post new stuff whenever I am able to.

P.S. Thanks to everyone who has read and responded to my fan fiction over the past five years.
P.P.S. I have been brainstorming a few stand-alone backstage scenes that might have popped up on the Muppet Show back in the day. They will be posted in "Poems, Haikus, and Whatnot(s)" thread soon.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I want to write a FanFiction but, I am uncertain how to write a character.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
It’s Baby Bear. I am wanting to do a story where both Baby Bear and Grover stay at Gina’s for the night.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Y'know, I have a couple unfinished fanfictions floating around on this site. In fact, I'm pretty sure this website and my love of fanfiction is the reason why I'm working on a book of my own.

That being said, these fics haven't been updated in years, and I'm afraid that the writing styles will be way too different.

Guess it wouldn't hurt to at least finish what I started...

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I'm trying to write original stories now, stuff I can post to kindle and such things so I can get the dollars, LOL. I occasionally still get reviews. The most "popular", relatively speaking, seem to be my Dinosaurs fanfics. I just have no inspiration currently. Maybe one day I will, but for now, I want to be published and getting paid. :smile:

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
I have various ideas, so that's not the issue. Well, okay, maybe it is in it's own way -- I have too many Muppet fic ideas and no idea which to focus on first. With some ideas, it's also "how to string them together" that also gets me.

Like what a number of people in this thread have said, time and motivation have been issues for me. Focus is a big one as well. It's like, I want to do all these things, possibly rewrite some stuff, but my mind is prone to wandering a lot.

Hopefully, I'll be able to at least rewrite a certain fic one day. But for now, patience and reeling in my focus are key to all this.

Sally Swing

Reaction score
At the risk of sounding repetitive, time is one of my biggest issues right now. I really wanna get back into the mupfics, though. I have a lot of ideas rolling around in my head (some of them I've been sitting on for years :embarrassed:), but yeah, between work and life in general, it's hard to find a good time to just sit down and write. I've tried doing it on my lunch break, but you know how that is, too many distractions and what have ya.

One of these days, man. One of these days. In the meantime, I'll be floating around, catching up on the classics, leaving feedback, etc. :sing: Stay tuned!

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Y'know, I have a couple unfinished fanfictions floating around on this site.
So first - I am not dead. Gina is very much alive. Sup, Mupps!

To kinda go off my original statement way back on the first page and to echo MK here, I know I owe you guys stories, especially when I started one thinking I could finish it before I got busy and...yeah.

Ironically enough, I'm actually on a slight break from writing. I managed to finish two stories in one fandom and finish two chapters in another, while also doing some side writing. It was boredom tonight that made me go "you know where I haven't been in a while?"

But as everyone as mentioned, it's just time. I lucked out - if you can call it that - with a good two months of free time before I start training for a new job next month, so I worked on stuff I wanted to get out of the way. However, that stuff right now is split between two different shows and I have two unfinished stories in different other fandoms. This doesn't even cover the stuff I have on my website, which I finally updated, but which ALSO has unfinished items that need to be addressed.

The muse works when the muse wants to work. I find the best way to make sure I don't lose ideas is to write them down. The internet is a great place for writers right now, with apps like Evernote and OneNote and I will personally tout the awesomeness that is Rocketbook. I found that if I write out my ideas, they have a place to live and most importantly, they aren't constantly rattling in my brain. Then, when I have the time and energy, I just go back to read what my idea was.

Now, as MissKermie mentioned, yes your writing style may change, but this is one of the reasons why I, personally, go back and reread my own writing. ESPECIALLY if I'm about to write the next story in a series. Not only do you remember your own writing, but you start to remember the situations, the voices, teh settings, whatever else that plans into your extended universe. Heck, I also go and watch the very show/movie I started with and THEN will go through my stories. It's a long process, but I'd rather write back up to where I was than laze out, you know?