Learn Something New Everyday Thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Troy Gentry was a huge Batman fan. Eddie Montgomery said he was one of those people that wore a Batman shirt all the time and was proud of it. He was so much of a fan in fact, that they had a little Batman action figure at his funeral and buried it with him.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
The Brave Little Toaster was intended to be an adult movie. The independent company who made the film before Disney got ahold of it confirmed that the reason it has more spooky scenes and dark content than most children's movies is because they never considered children to be the primary audience. While it certainly isn't inappropriate or anything like that, they referred to it as an example of a more mature G-rated film.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
The creators of Happy Tree Friends briefly made a show that was most obviously a ripoff of Robot Chicken
If you replaced those characters with action figures and threw a static noise in between each skit it'd basically amount to a Robot Chicken episode. I'm not surprised this one got cancelled very quickly because of how it clearly "took inspiration" from Robot Chicken.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Nintendo was originally going to add James Bond of all characters to the original Smash Bros.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I wish Goku was in Smash.
Me too. But I do understand the reasons for their "only game characters allowed rule". That's why I love playing Super Smash Flash 2 which is probably the closest we'll ever get to having any non-game characters in Smash.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Ruthie, the farm girl in Follow That Bird, would later go on to be Loonette in The Big Comfy Couch.