When you need to rant...

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I hate my dad even more now.

He just took my iPod Touch away from me again when I just got it back not too long ago.

I really hate him now because he keeps taking my iPod Touch away from me.

I hate my dad.

Drtooth

Reaction score
What's left for us to eat, pure nutrients?
They'll find something wrong with that too.

All I know is the smug ultravegan milk truthers just got some sort of pleasure (and we all know which one, though I can't say here) with the actual results. I swear, most of them had to be kids who were all ticked off that mommy and daddy wouldn't let them have Mountain Dew Code Red every night for dinner. And what percent are we talking about? That said, milk isn't exactly the most digestible thing there is, and everyone is a level of lactose intolerant.

Seriously. You can't drink soda because it's bad for you. Diet soda is worse for you somehow (unless you're very diabetic). Juice is just as bad as soda as far as sugar content goes, and few of it actually has vitamins and health benefits to it (apple especially, since it's just sugar). Now Milk. What are you supposed to drink. AND DON'T SAY WATER! Water is not refreshing unless it's blisteringly hot out. It's not something to drink for pleasure, it's something to drink for survival. And it takes the unpleasant taste of any container that holds it and that you drink out of. To quote Henry Winkler in The Waterboy "Water sucks. It really, really sucks."

Then again, we all should know the Popeye story. The fact that a weird, poorly written and or typo filled entry in something promoted spinach's health benefits that it didn't really have. And by all means, you can get the same nutrients (the very small amount it has) through certain pleasant tasting fruits. Now, I don't hate spinach, but it's something that when cooked wrong tastes terrible, as well as having a horrid texture. And kids were pretty much forced to eat it because of the inflated health benefits.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Diet soda is worse for you somehow (unless you're very diabetic).
It's worse for you because it uses artificial sweeteners, which people decide they can over indulge in, when in reality, it's like how Arnold told Harold eating twelve reduced fat Mr. Fudgy Bars is the same as eating six regulars.[/quote]
Juice is just as bad as soda as far as sugar content goes, and few of it actually has vitamins and health benefits to it (apple especially, since it's just sugar).
I drink Juicy Juice; whether or not they don't add any additional sugar is something we don't know for sure.
What are you supposed to drink. AND DON'T SAY WATER! Water is not refreshing unless it's blisteringly hot out. It's not something to drink for pleasure, it's something to drink for survival.
Exactly! I rarely drink water for the exact reasons you just mentioned: not refreshing, not satisfying, unless the heat is killing and there's nothing else to drink. Like when Ernest did a commercial telling Vern not to drink tap water: "Vern, that tap water's so bad, they gotta put a drain under it to get rid of it!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
I drink Juicy Juice; whether or not they don't add any additional sugar is something we don't know for sure.
Fruit supplies its own sugar. I remember a short lived fad in the very early 90's of fruit sweetened "diet" foods. It was essentially just fruit sugars, and that's the same as regular sugars. Apple juice is usually added to things to sweeten them, and often used as a filler in mixed juices for the same reason. Cuz it's actually cheaper than most other fruit juices, I guess. But out of all the juices, Apple seems to be the one that carries the least benefits.

Then again, even taking vitamins isn't good for you because alternatively you just pee them out anyway or taking too much or the wrong combination or something results in getting very sick.

So, essentially everything is bad for you especially the good stuff.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
How about unsweetened iced tea? Flavored seltzers? I'm not a fan of plain water either, but there are reasonable alternatives.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not a fan of tea (which is ironic, because I come from sweet tea country); seltzers are carbonated, I can't drink carbonation.