When you need to rant...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Can I just say that I hate Subway, and always have? Their sandwiches are just terrible: the breads are always stiff and hard, the meats are always slimey, the toppings and sauces smell funky (as does the whole restaurant), and their cookies have a faint cardboard taste to them. I actually would rather grab a whopper over a subway any day.

But, time ti change the subject:

I hate it when my mom decorates for both Halloween and Thanksgiving in the middle of August!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
My final word on the subject: as far as fast foods go, not everybody liked Subway, and I get it. My feelings aren't hurt.
By that same token, if someone didn't like the big pizza chains (Pizza Hut, Domino's, Papa John's, etc.) I'd agree with them. The mom-and-pop places beat the chains hands down. The only chain that is absolutely inedible is Little Caesar's.

Maybe if I made you a sandwich it would've changed your mind. Maybe not. At least you'd get some cool CN toys out of the deal.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Chains are only good for nationwide consistency. Mom and Pop places are usually better, though there are the handful of "why are these guys in business again?" places only their die hard fans really like.

The only thing that really bugs me about Subway as a fast food place is that they don't give out toys with their kid's meals, but rather bags now. And that Disney has some locked deal with them like they used to have for McDonalds. So that means there weren't collectibles for films like Big Hero Six, Wreck-it Ralph, or even anytbhing Marvel related, and clearly Star Wars as well (which sucks, cuz I loved the Burger King Episode III promotions, as well as the Clone Wars bobblehead series from McD's). Somehow Amazing Spider-Man 2 managed to break out, but that's only because of Sony. See, I like collecting these things. And I've noticed the quality of other chains in their product and licenses declined heavily over the years, while MCD's usually has better licenses and figures.

Thing that really bugged me was that Subways weren't all over the place over hear when they had the little toys. Something that bugged me because I remember trying to get to one to get the Mucha Lucha promotion. That was quite some time ago.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's finally donned on me why D'ump is so popular right now among the GOP: it's not necessarily the fact that he's a bompous and egotistical blowhard who has a lot of money and would possibly help bring more of that money into their pockets, but rather, it's the picture he paints of his ideal vision of what America should be, which seems to really reach out and touch the GOP right where it gets them. You know what picture I'm talking about: the one that erases all of the foreigners from the picture, thus leaving America to be the country of white, middle-aged fuddy-duddies that they all like to idealize over and fantasize about.

I mean, here recently when Forbes did a thing about the happiest countries in the world (like the Scandinavian countries and such, for example), of course the comments on that article were like, "Of course those countries are happier than us, look how white they are."

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's finally donned on me why D'ump is so popular right now among the GOP: it's not necessarily the fact that he's a bompous and egotistical blowhard who has a lot of money and would possibly help bring more of that money into their pockets, but rather, it's the picture he paints of his ideal vision of what America should be, which seems to really reach out and touch the GOP right where it gets them. You know what picture I'm talking about: the one that erases all of the foreigners from the picture, thus leaving America to be the country of white, middle-aged fuddy-duddies that they all like to idealize over and fantasize about.
Like I said before, Trump essentially is the GOP. He says absolutely nothing I haven't heard them say before, and quite frankly, (and don't scream when I say this) he's not even the craziest one running. He's not even saying the craziest things. You've got Ben "Obamacare is the worst thing to happen to this country since slavery, and yes I can say that without being racist because N Word privilages" Carson, Scott "I ruined my home state" Walker, and Mike "I don't even need to point out an example his insanity" Huckabee. Heck, Walker and Graham agreed with his "let's round up all the illegal Mexicans" crap. The only thing I give Trump any credit for is not scapegoating gays as well as the Chinese and Mexicans. Which the GOP loves to do to pander to the religious vote. It's time to drop that old chestnut. There are gay Republicans, too.

Now, I also give credit to Rubio and (ugh) Bush for calling Trump out on his Illegal bashing. But that's the only credit I give them. Bush, true to form, is blaming Hillary for the mess in Iraq. Not his brother who stupidly went into a needless war that destabilized the region pretty much creating a power vacuum for terrorists to fill, nor his father for helping Saddam come into power in the first place. Nope, it's the Demmycrats for weakly following Bush's extremely generous pull out plan.

So yeah. Again, it's a battle of nuts vs. wussbags. No wonder everyone hates politics so much.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I hate YouTube.

Why?

Because of stuff like this:

This video contains content from MC for Warner Bros., who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

Sorry about that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know I brought this up before, but I had avoided upgrading to IE11 for as long as I could because it makes tabbed browsing default and you can't disable it, but it got to a point where my browser was crashing all the time, especially on Facebook where everytime you clicked anything prompted a crash. Finally, I sucked it up and upgraded to IE11, and all it's done so far was eliminate the constant crashing on FB, nothing else has changed, and in fact, it's actually gotten worse recently: for example, the browser will crash for no reason, even when you're not doing anything, like reading a post or something. Good thing MC saves our posts now, because I was right in the middle of posting a reply earlier, and the browser crashed, without any provocation or prompting, just while I was typing, that was somehow enough to cause it to crash.

I know Microsoft is in the process of phasing out IE altogether, is this somehow a sign that they simply don't care anymore? I hate the idea of having to switch to Firefox (which always distorts site layouts and fonts and makes them look wonky) or Chrome (which would further support Google's efforts to take over the world), but I guess I'll soon have no choice but to do so.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
you know there are other browsers besides firefox and chrome

safari and opera are both options. theres also this new one i recently heard about called pale moon thats supposed to be customizable with how it looks

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So you know how D'ump keeps saying he's going to build a Great Wall of Murica to keep Mexico out of our country? Can you believe that he's actually inspiring the rest of the country with this? Apparently now the northern states are wanting him to do the same to keep Canada out too. What the frog did Canada ever do to us? Why do Republicans hate Canada so much?

Drtooth

Reaction score
All I'm saying is, if Trump wins, Mexico will definitely build a wall. To keep the Americans out!

I'm as sick of talking about him as I am listening to him. Trump is clearly a freaking genius. He didn't stupid his way into a fortune, no matter how many times he went bankrupt. If you look at how awful politics has become recently, the candidates already have advertising a year and a third away from the actual election. He hasn't spent a freaking dime. If there's one thing I give him much credit for, he didn't go grovelling to the Koch Brothers or Sheldon Adelman (or whatever that rich old walking stereotype is called). He's his own lobbyist. And yeah. I'll agree that's part of his appeal. All he has to do is shout bullying things and everyone's talking about him. WE'RE talking about him. He's winning. He's like a terrible song that sticks in your head. No! He's that fragging awful Kars for Kids jingle. He's absolutely awful and impossible to ignore.

But the thing is, he knows pinpoint exactly how to push the buttons of overly angry "WAAAAAAHHH!!! We made you suffer 8 years of some rich guy's bumbling son and now the shoe's on the other foot, we're going to whine a trillion times harder than you ever did and also vote for complete butthats in congress to get our way" 'Muricans. Racism. And yes, these are the "we're not racist" racists. And here's the thing... I don't believe Trump actually believes any of this (especially as he HIRES THE VERY SAME ILLEGALS he complains about because money). He's playing the political card of someone who... well, let's just say that it's the guy the same 'Muricans compare the current president to. Scapegoating the illegals is a 90's throwback. I'm not saying there's not some immigration problem, but it needs to be tackled with nuance. The "Dey dook urr Jerbs!" meme is insane. First off, the jobs aren't taken. They're giftwrapped with a nice card that says "as long as you're not looking for any Commie bullcrap like 'Minimum Wage,' 'health insurance,' or 'basic safety regulations,' come get 'em!" Rich jerks don't want to pay employees. Secondly, would anyone in their right mind actually want the jobs they're supposedly taking. Picking fruit for pocket change a day? Yeah. I'm sure millions are rushing to that plum job that would take decades of hard labor to equal a modest years pay. And lastly, no one says a freaking thing when they move jobs directly to Mexico. Because outsourcing definitely does not take jobs away from Americans. Same party that whines about illegal immigrants is the same party (at least on the government and overpaid loud mouth level) praised the heck out of Outsourcing in the last decade (or at least blamed Clinton on it and refused to do anything about it).

The fact the country went back to the minus minded "Derk yer Jorbz?" mentality is beyond pathetic. For a party that does nothing but say how Obama is wrong about everything, they haven't offered any solutions and keep trying to win elections based on scapegoating races and sexual orientations. Nice to know the backseat drivers have absolutely no idea where they're going either.