Hensonville City 2011

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow... I rully hope Kelly has a grand time travelling through the landmark parks in California. And if she gets to meet Jamie, that'd be great as well.
UD: Maybe you can ask her to get you an autograph from Ariel.
Me: I'm soo looking forward to her appearance in Season 3 of Once Upon a Time.
:batty: Our telewision schedule's filling up quite nicely.
Me: Yep... Tonight marked the start of the new Sleepy Hollow series on Fox. Man, I give them credit for the direction that series will take.
UD: Yes, imagine... The Headless Horseman as one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
Me: You know, I don't see him riding a pale greenish horse as it's implied he's meant to be Death. I see him riding the black horse instead.
:batty: Vouldn't that make him Famine instead?
Me: Only if he's carrying the measuring scales to meat out a bushel of wheat to a bushel of rye, a bucket of souls to a bucket of skulls.
UD: Then there's Arrow on Wednesdays.
:batty: And Once Upon a Time on Sundays starting September 29. Then Once Upon a Time in Wonderland starting on October 10. That's Twice Upon a time!
Me: Plus our little side projects that should keep us busy as a Doozer. Now if only we could get the forum administration to help on killing some persistent spambot cockroaches. :sigh:

Katzi428

Reaction score
looking on the Internet Irish Songs...Irish Songs.....

Prairie :What's up, Kath?

Well you know how my mom was saying she wanted she wants dance music played at the wedding? She wants Irish music played too.

Prairie: You always have our very own Leprechaun Brothers to sing Danny Boy

Leprechaun Bro... Oh Prairie!! shaking head when realizing she was joking and talking about Chef Animal and Beaker Uh thanks but no thanks! That song is depressing and I want the wedding to be a happy occasion without Animal crying and going Oh Boy Oh Boy! during Danny Boy I can trust Chef. But Animal and Beaker ? I don't think so!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:insatiable: Me vouch for Animal, him always a good singer.
:batty: You might want to check for Celtic music if you can't find enough Irish music for your tastes Kathy.
UD: And I suppose it wouldn't do to ask the Queen of the Banshees either, although they did a lovely serenade for Ellie and I. <3

Katzi428

Reaction score
:insatiable: Me vouch for Animal, him always a good singer.
:batty: You might want to check for Celtic music if you can't find enough Irish music for your tastes Kathy.
UD: And I suppose it wouldn't do to ask the Queen of the Banshees either, although they did a lovely serenade for Ellie and I. <3
Thanks Cookie but he got way too emotional in Danny Boy I think he had a third of scotch before he Chef and Beaker were singing .

:hungry:: Ja we found out der hard way det Anmul cant hold hiz licker! Yu wunt me tu tu make der wedding ceke?
No thanks Mr. Onions in a wedding Cake!
:hungry:: Nu hunions! I prumiss! crossing his heart
Chef you're very VERY sweet to offer your services . But my mom and her friend already picked out a catering service and a bakery to make their cake .As far as the Celtic music goes that's a good idea. . Thanks, guys! I'll see what my mom says .It's a great suggestion. :smile: Now if I were getting married I'd want the song "I'll Take You Home Again , Kathleen" as one of the songs . This way I'd be sticking to my Irish roots.
:super: : But you HATE being called Kathleen!

It's in an Irish song Grover. They're not really talking about ME.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:insatiable: Onions cake? Throw in some apples and raisins and me give it a try.
UD: Better that than finding a nose like the cake made for Victor van Dort's and Emily's almost wedding.
:batty: In the old country, ve had a coin added into the cake batter and it vould be tradition for the vedded couple to get it ensuring their good fortune for the coming year.

Katzi428

Reaction score
:insatiable: Onions cake? Throw in some apples and raisins and me give it a try.
UD: Better that than finding a nose like the cake made for Victor van Dort's and Emily's almost wedding.
:batty: In the old country, ve had a coin added into the cake batter and it vould be tradition for the vedded couple to get it ensuring their good fortune for the coming year.
thinking Well Cookie as long as the cake you're talking about doesn't have sugary frosting and chocolate it sounds tasty! But one time Chef was trying to make a wedding cake and it had pink frosting and sugar and onions! He said the onions were good for the sinuses!

Uncle Deadly? A nose in a cake? That's horrible! shuddering at the thought But who's Victor Van Dort and Emily?

Hey Count.. interesting tradition of adding a coin to the cake batter .I'm pretty sure my mom's not into that traditional stuff. Thanks anyway.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Kathy... You've never seen the movie The Corpse Bride?! It's one of Tim Burton's animated movies, a sweet movie taking place in the Victorian British era. Basically, the movie's about an arranged marriage between the Van Dort and Everglot families. The fishmonger Van Dorts want their son to marry so they get the poshness of nobility entitlement, whereas the Everglot family needs to marry their only daughter Victoria to refuel their financial wealth as they're currently penniless. Victor, voiced by Johnny Depp, is a complete clutz, botching the rehearsal—though the intimidating figure of Pastor Gallswell (Christopher Lee) doesn't help any. Embarrassed, Victor leaves to the local cemetary to practice his ritual vows. Unknown to him, that branch that looks like a hand is an actual corpse's hand, awakened when he finishes his lines as Emily (the titular character). She ends up taking Victor to the Ball and Socket Pub in the Land of the Dead populated by skeletons and other zombies where he learns how Emily was killed by a former lover with whom she planned to elope. Victor tricks Emily into getting Elder Gutknecht's help to go back "upstairs" to introduce her to his parents... When all he wants is to get help for explaining his current predicament to Emily. When she caught him with Victoria, she throws a fit, dragging Victor back to the Land of the Dead again. After a beautiful song called "Tears To Shed" they reconcile as friends, though Elder Gutknecht says that if Emily and Victor are to be married they have to do it all over again, and he must drink from the Wine of Ages (which is really poison). He agrees only to end up battling the villain who left Emily for dead long ago. Emily realizes she can't steal him the way her love was stolen, so she steps aside allowing Victor to marry Victoria.

The bit about the nose falling into the cake batter... That's a scene which takes place when the skeletons and zombies are preparing for the second wedding before storming upstairs to the land of the living.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Wow! Very interesting! I looked at the clips for it on you tube (I sort of expected it to be like Phantom Of The Opera ) But they're both very different Thanks for explaining it to me.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Any time, I'm a huge fan of it and The Nightmare Before Christmas. There's a good fic I'm following with interesting chapters for each of the Corpse Bride's dead characters, helping expand my knowledge and appreciation for the film given that its particular Wiki is a bit short in terms of individual articles.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Any time, I'm a huge fan of it and The Nightmare Before Christmas. There's a good fic I'm following with interesting chapters for each of the Corpse Bride's dead characters, helping expand my knowledge and appreciation for the film given that its particular Wiki is a bit short in terms of individual articles.
Of corpse I knew you liked the movie! :wink: