Hensonville City 2011

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (walks into room like a zombie and falls to the floor): Hoooooooommmmmeeee...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Argh, missed out on Once Upon a Time tonight because my cable provider switched ABC from Channel 15 to some other number. I'll have to call my cable company to find it cause there's no way I'm missing the premiere of Once Upon a Time in Wonderland on Thursday.
UD: Spooking of which, I loved tonight's start to the 2013 Halloween Wars on Food Network. Especially after they aired a scarathon of last year's episodes last night.
Did you like the entries?
UD: Yes, in particular the Crypt Creepers' duo of the Devil in Night on Bald Mountain and their punch-drunk spiked Zombie Prom Madness piece.
:batty: Team Black Magic's Devil bursting out of the jack o'lantern vas my favorite.

Love my mom, but sometimes she drives me batty with her errands to buy her decorations online and similar necessities. :sigh:
*Puts away the rotted veggie pizza (rot=stock simmering) and dead flesh blood pizza (bacon and sausage with a tabasco ketchup sauce) in ziploc bodybags in the fridge for tomorrow's meals.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Kelly (walks into room like a zombie and falls to the floor): Hoooooooommmmmeeee...
Hey Kelly! Welcome home!
Robin: Wow! She's tired!
Looks like it.

an hour later

:hungry:: Dinnur!! Und yu tapping me on the head bettur eat all uv it or nun uv der speshul dessurt I went nutso making .
Chef of course I'll eat your dinner!
:sympathy: : Hey Chef..you're not gonna rope us inta eatin' that nasty meat loaf of yours are ya?
:hungry: shushes :sympathy:

All of us groan in protest "C'mon Chef!" "That's not fair" "That stuff is disgusting!"
:hungry: Boy..yu kids can't take a joke! Sheesh! We gut der Chineez nooduls und shrimp . Without der MSG. Su eat up. YU getting anudder hint dere ,Keth?
thinking..surprise dessert.. EPCOT........a Chinese dinner......Oh my gosh!!!!...there were Orange & Chocolate cupcakes in China as part of the Food & Wine Festival .But all I remembered was Orange & Chocolate . I forgot was where & WHAT they were .So when I got home I checked . By then it was too late to have them. Chef! You angel!

:hungry: Nah...nut me!

Grover: Why is Chef an angel?

I trekked ALL over EPCOT looking for this dessert that had Orange and Chocolate in it. It only cost a dollar. My mom and her fiancé were with me. We couldn't find this darn thing! In the process I had a cannoli that was about $4.50 but was about the size of my pinkie. THAT was a ripoff! So when I got home I looked it up I found out it was in China ;and it was called Orange and chocolate cupcake. . I didn't expect Chef to make it! Thank you SO much Chef!

:hungry:: Yu meke like I made yu a bananana split with 70 scoops uv yore favorite flavurs . Reely! It's okee! I'll gu get der cupcekes!
Prairie jokingly : This better be good or you're in trouble!
:sympathy: What if he dropped onions in them?chuckling

Stop that!
:hungry: comes out with the orange chocolate cupcakes and oh my :jim: are they good! They have an orange citrus taste chocolate filling and ginache on the top!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, Richard may have liked the orange and chocolate combination, but I find it too citrusy for my tastes. Plus it reminds me of KitKat bars, and I developed an associative aversion to them thinking that the orange from the wrapper seeped into the taste of the chocolate. Snickers are better anyway. Also, I'm not much for cupcakes, I find them too small.
:insatiable: Wha? Me love cuppycakes.
Yeah... But muffins are better.
:insatiable: You may have point there.
Especially the ones mom bought that were either cinnamon coated pecan filled or sugar powdered pineapple or guava pieces in them.
:insatiable: Oooh, me getting hungry!
Calm down buddy, just grab a couple of cookies. There are just the last ones left I think.

*Sends some Diablo sauced brains (cut fries) over to Apt 3 to reenvigorate the morgue's walking dead nurse.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Over in Apt 1...

The doorbell rings, Ed gets it, thanking Junie for delivering the parcel via scare mail and gives her a kind tip.
Bringing the box inside, Uncle D carts the coffee-chocolate bat-shaped cake.
Cookie finishes the dark gingerbread bats all around the cake, while Uncle D then sets and lights the candle in the center.
Fatatita leads her owner into the room where upon we all sing...

Happy bat-day to The Count von Count.
Happy bat-day to you!

:batty: Ah, this is vonderful! Thank you my friends.
*He promptly sets to counting the bats Cookie adorned the cake with before we can eat.

Ed hands over the wrapped present, which contains a T-shirt depicting Gotham City's chiropteran crusader.
*Fatatita rubs up in a loving nuzzle while Uncle D starts serving cake to the ghosts.

Katzi428

Reaction score
All of us from Apt 2 bring over a book about the history of numbers and hoping that The Count doesn't have it. :hungry: made a cake with dark sprinkles on it!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Lets Kathy and her roomies inside for the impromptu party.

:batty: Thank you Kathy.

Heh, knowing him, he'll just count the multiple copies of the book, then the pages before even reading it.

*Serves some cake to Kathy and her gang, Uncle D placing the cake :hungry: made on the table.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Ed is happy after the premiere of Once Upon a Time in Wonderland.

UD: That good eh?
Goth yes! Okay, so the beginning, with Alice in the asylum... It's obvious that was inspired by American McGee's games, heck, it should have just as well been named Rutlidge. Then Rabbit and the Knave of Hearts rescue her, a new rabbit hole dug in the ground, and they land in the Mellow Marsh.
UD: A sticky wicket of a swamp.
Yes, just as nasty as the Bog of Eternal Stench. Alice and the Knave get out after torching the toffee, then head off to the Hatter's house in the Tulgy Woods. She meets Cheshire (voiced by Keith David) who almost eats her.
UD: With pepper I trust.
Naturally. Alice is led to believe that Cyrus her genie lover is there, but he isn't, but she finds his magic necklace giving her hope. Rabbit infers that it survived the Boiling Sea from the poem about the Walrus and the Carpenter, which would lead to the Deluded Depths.
UD: What about Jafar though?
Still don't know how it is he arrived at Wonderland, though he did make an alliance with and almost killed off the Red Queen.
UD: You mean the Queen of Hearts.
No, that's Cora, Regina's mother. This is the Red Queen from Looking Glass Land, she even made a veiled reference when mentioning she'd let Rabbit free after their game was over, they were still setting up the board.

There are some Once Upon a Time connections though... Didn't understand what it was that happened with Ashley, Storybrook's counterpart/encarnation of Cinderella. And the Knave mentioned that the Hatter left his house and hasn't come back, which is true, since he got his happy ending after Once Upon a Time's Season 1 finale. But the main opening for the connection was when the asylum doctor mentioned Alice's traveled to other worlds, fighting pirates, swimming with mermaids, both allusions to either Season 3's Neverland story arc or even more daringly Kingdom Hearts.
UD: And what pray tell does our evil mage want with the waif?
It's all about getting the wishes she still owns from Cyrus's bottle. Wait, wishes, that's it! I have the opening Kelly needed!
UD: What are you jammering about now?
No, it could work... How did Sarah Williams first meet Jareth?
UD: When she wished for him to come and take her babe of a brother away.
Hexactly. And Jareth used other wish-granting tactics to delay her like the Junk Lady's trap or the ballroom dream sequence. And who would better know the magic of wishes/the danger a wish poses than the Goblin King? Or a fay such as Mizumi? Which would her to either aid Alice's quest in finding Cyrus or sneakishly ally herself with Jafar and Red Queen only to betray them for the wishes to bring Jareth back to full health.
UD: Preposterous.
Heck, if they're bringing in Grendel from Beowulf in Episode 3, then there's certainly the opening for Wonderland—and Storybrook/Enchanted Realms by extension—to connect with the Labyrinth. Especially if you have the White Rabbit with a Bugs Bunny power of creating burrowed tunnels that open up into the magic realm itself... Leading into the oubliette prison at the bottom of Goblin City. Mwahahahahahaha!
Now leave me hence, and get thee to thine lady's chambers! *Sends Yorick rolling over to Apt 3 with the ideas recorded in his skull.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Cookie Monster finishes adding the cream cheese icing to a batch of carrot cake mini-cakes to take to Apt 2 for Grover's birthday later today.

*Meanwhile, the other roomies are taking care of the laundry, Ed folding the finished loads so Count and UD can take what's left over as theirs before taking turns in the bat-room's shower stall.

Sure was good to catch Grease! last night. Though I wonder how Mr. Lowry managed to stage the racing rumble at Thunder Road on the theater floors at Broadway.
UD: And to think Tinker Bell... A fairy without her wings and no magic, all because she thought Regina was worth saving from herself. Only to become a meaner little moth.
:insatiable: Me like the cuppycakes the moms and daughters make for that wedding, especially the white macadamia one.
Yeah, I like white chocolate macadamia cookies from Subway's. But the oatmeal raisin ones from the HV Megamarket were the best I've had.
:batty: Vhat about the monsters on display last night?
The cyclops was the best one made, it earned Team Black Magic a second straight small scare win... But Team Skeleton Crew came through with their Scary Mary Quite Cemetary showpiece in the second round.

*The scare crew keep chattering away, Ed now peeling some eggs that'll be made devilish along with our main monster meal later.

Katzi428

Reaction score
:super: Thank you SO much for the barbells to keep me in shape everybody! Plus the yummy pancakes you made this morning Chefffie!

Oh it was our pleasure Grover Grover hugs me and gives me and gives me a BIG kiss!....Awww..I do the same to him....