Video: Muppets Most Wanted Official Teaser Trailer On-line

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Piggy does look better but there's too many puppet variations, no too puppets look the same at all.

Fozzie, as I've cribbed about before, must have been a conscious decision on Disneys part. The fur can be sourced! I'm assuming its to make him more appealing to the kiddies - infact most of the Muppets have been given a kiddie friendly makeover since Disney bought them out. That said, the fur is only one of my many problems with the new Fozzie. The worst offence is the eye focus, if Disney want him to be kid friendly, they should not make him look like he's heavily into his recreational drugs!
I was going to let it go, but I just watched some of the special features on the Muppet Movie Blu-ray which featured the last Gonzo before The Muppets 2011 redux. How I miss that puppet! I know that character evolved a lot, but I really favored the end result in Letters To Santa. It's proportions were so pleasing and the eye-focus was spot-on. The character had finally hit his most iconic level.
And then this happened...I'm just not a fan of Puppet Heap's version featured below:
I've tried to like it (and it's okay from some angles if you don't compare it to some of the superior puppets), but they messed with perfection. This new version is practically expressionless. His nose is strangely swollen too.

I'll give them props for Janice. She's never looked better. Gorgeous puppet. :flirt: Scooter, Rowlf and Sam too. I've heard some behind the scenes stuff about the Gonzo redesign. I just don't know why it was approved. He's my favorite Muppet. I got to work on refining the action figure. And then this version pops up. Mer.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
You know i kind of have a feeling that Ricky Gervais by the end of the film will be like Uncle Deadly did to Tex Richman in TM2011 and ditch Constantine but thats just my thought process

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
You know i kind of have a feeling that Ricky Gervais by the end of the film will be like Uncle Deadly did to Tex Richman in TM2011 and ditch Constantine but thats just my thought process
I'd have to agree with you on that. Maybe he'll get so sick of being Number 2 that he flips sides and helps Kermit get his identity back. Either that or he stops that freakin' wedding I have yet to work into the plot....

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I'd have to agree with you on that. Maybe he'll get so sick of being Number 2 that he flips sides and helps Kermit get his identity back. Either that or he stops that freakin' wedding I have yet to work into the plot....

yeah i honestly just thought of that lol

minor muppetz

Reaction score
But the WORST, and I have to agree with Toughpigs on this one, is Muppet Beach Party. The only thing Muppety about it was them making dumb comments inbetween lines of the song? At least they're not doing that.

I thought all the songs on that album were from the 1960s, as opposed to "current" pop hits.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I thought all the songs on that album were from the 1960s, as opposed to "current" pop hits.
I was referring to how the Muppets have traditionally treated famous songs. They usually manage to add something to the performance. That only added annoying commentary, leading to line/quip/line/quip repetitiveness. Wipe Out's pretty good though... even though it sounds like Animal is... if I say constipated in the bathroom, would that offend anyone? But I totally agree with this article that shoving in quips in between lines is not funny.

Funny thing about the Scooter/Moves like Jagger thing is that I'm probably defending it the hardest when I probably hate the song more than any of you on this site. But it's Scooter. He's got a song, and he's not just selling t-Shirts.

I've tried to like it (and it's okay from some angles if you don't compare it to some of the superior puppets), but they messed with perfection. This new version is practically expressionless. His nose is strangely swollen too.

I'll give them props for Janice. She's never looked better. Gorgeous puppet. :flirt: Scooter, Rowlf and Sam too. I've heard some behind the scenes stuff about the Gonzo redesign. I just don't know why it was approved. He's my favorite Muppet. I got to work on refining the action figure. And then this version pops up. Mer.
I don't know why most of their puppets actually look better than the ones we've seen in recent years and some of them look a little deadpan. I haven't been too much of a fan of how Gonzo's looked for a while. He almost looks perpetually depressed a few times last decade (can't help it that he's the most chronically depressed character since MFS), but now he's just off, especially with that Muppet Babies style nose. I really wish they'd go back to something like how he looked in GMC... just a little modernized. His eyes are too tiny in relevance of his eyes now.

But I agree. Janice no longer has that lame 80's lopsided ponytail. She had that in VMX, that's how long it was there. The entire band seems to have a good new look (and wonderfully decades behind as per their characters).

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I was referring to how the Muppets have traditionally treated famous songs. They usually manage to add something to the performance. That only added annoying commentary, leading to line/quip/line/quip repetitiveness. Wipe Out's pretty good though... even though it sounds like Animal is... if I say constipated in the bathroom, would that offend anyone? But I totally agree with this article that shoving in quips in between lines is not funny.

Funny thing about the Scooter/Moves like Jagger thing is that I'm probably defending it the hardest when I probably hate the song more than any of you on this site. But it's Scooter. He's got a song, and he's not just selling t-Shirts.

I don't know why most of their puppets actually look better than the ones we've seen in recent years and some of them look a little deadpan. I haven't been too much of a fan of how Gonzo's looked for a while. He almost looks perpetually depressed a few times last decade (can't help it that he's the most chronically depressed character since MFS), but now he's just off, especially with that Muppet Babies style nose. I really wish they'd go back to something like how he looked in GMC... just a little modernized. His eyes are too tiny in relevance of his eyes now.

But I agree. Janice no longer has that lame 80's lopsided ponytail. She had that in VMX, that's how long it was there. The entire band seems to have a good new look (and wonderfully decades behind as per their characters).
I still prefer Gonzo's evolution up until 2011, but I'm not adverse to his Caper rendering. It's just weird that a lot of fans don't see the difference. It's as plain as the nose...er, beak...on his face.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
As mentioned in the Toughpigs article, they mentioned that the voice of Constantine sounded like Matt Vogel, and I have an image that can almost confirm that. Notice, if you will, the signature right above Lew Zealands'.
Soo Matt vogel signed his name huh.... well guess we solved the mystery

Drtooth

Reaction score
I still prefer Gonzo's evolution up until 2011, but I'm not adverse to his Caper rendering. It's just weird that a lot of fans don't see the difference. It's as plain as the nose...er, beak...on his face.
That's the thing about GMC. That Piggy and Gonzo are my favorite versions of the characters.

They really need to go back and look at how Gonzo looked up until the 2011 movie and work on that for the next film/major project. If anything, fix the eyes.

But I still like that one over the first season Gonzo.