Video: Muppets Most Wanted Official Teaser Trailer On-line

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
The scene began with the Muppets in a theatre, looking for Kermit, and in comes Gervais with Kermit “clone” Constantine, who tries to cover up his European accent. Animal senses this is not his amphibian pal and attempts to eat Constantine’s arm. Constantine talks with Walter, but the cheerful Muppet does not understand who this is. Constantine struggles to say the word “burglary” when scheming with Gervais’ character, and then the two enter their duet on a staircase. They even “tap dance.” This was hilarious, and the audience was apparently the “first in the world” to see this footage, according to Walt Disney Studios Chairman Sean Bailey.

Wait a minute! You mean to tell me that was Constantine tap dancing not the real Kermit? I've been tricked!:cry: Oh well, I'll deal with it.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score

Wait a minute! You mean to tell me that was Constantine tap dancing not the real Kermit? I've been tricked!:cry: Oh well, I'll deal with it.
Hey, I'm just grateful that they went to the effort of doing some well coordinated puppetry and it's not CGI. Whether it's Constantine or Kermit, that is going to be awesome. You never know, Kermit might get a moment of his own just to show the contrast between them.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Hey, I'm just grateful that they went to the effort of doing some well coordinated puppetry and it's not CGI. Whether it's Constantine or Kermit, that is going to be awesome. You never know, Kermit might get a moment of his own just to show the contrast between them.
I suppose you're right.:wink:

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
I know I've said this before, lack of Gonzo depresses me, don't know if I can see this now. The only reason I'd see this I cuz of Walter but..
Remember: It's just a teaser trailer. We have to see the official one to know if there IS a lack of Gonzo.

A trailer!

Put. The frog. Down. Best movie quote in the entire world. Thought the scene makes me wonder how Kermit survives in such cold weather without clothes. I mean, the other people are wearing heavy clothes.

I personally find the Kermit and Animal pairing not so good, though.
Muppet Wiki article on Constantine. Where did they get the info, anyway?

No Robin, but that's to be expected
Put The Frog Down. You're gonna hear that everywhere soon.

At first I thought that shot of Constantine in the "O" was reused from The Muppets, but then noticed the "O" there was in "Show" instead of "Telethon". It makes me wonder if they'll re-do the opening again... And I actually hope they don't, unless they add something really significant to it (currently I wouldn't consider having Constantine there in place of Kermit different/significant enough). Like if they re-do the first or fifth season themes. But I'd be really disappointed if it had significantly MORE empty archs (though I feel like more empty archs might make more sense than a few empty ones).

A lot of people are wondering about the dessert scene. My guess is that it's either a performance/rehearsal, or they have to cross the dessert in order to save Kermit (if the other Muppets know to try to rescue him).

I've been thinking about those scenes with Kermit and Animal on a set, with Animal yelling "SEQUEL!" and Kermit's "Stranger things have happened... and will". At first I thought those were made for the trailer, but now I wonder if those scenes are actually at the beginning... It very well could start with Kermit providing a recap of the previous movie and what happened right after the events of the film (though I had previously expected Walter to do such narration). Of course, it could also be Kermit being interviewed for an entertainment show about the Muppet world tour.
Constantine being in the O really makes me wonder. I have a feeling he's gonna trick everyone into doing a show or something. :stick_out_tongue:

Y'see, I was thinking that. But why would they go through the trouble of actually getting Louise Gold back to perform Annie Sue if she was just going to have a cameo or maybe a line or two?
Maybe they're just trying to bring all of the old muppets back. Foo-Foo, Annie Sue, Lew, Rizzo. You never know, maybe even Lenny the Lizard'll come back.

galagr

Reaction score
Maybe they're just trying to bring all of the old muppets back. Foo-Foo, Annie Sue, Lew, Rizzo. You never know, maybe even Lenny the Lizard'll come back.

I would LOVE to see Lenny the Lizard again.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Did anyone else hear that a proper preview of MMW will be included in the GMC/MTI Blu-ray combo pack? I've read about it a couple of times.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I wonder when we will see a teaser poster or the official film poster. Maybe october or november?