TV Alert: The Muppets on "Good Luck Charlie" Season 4 premiere April 28, 2013

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I love how everyone changed their attitudes :stick_out_tongue:

Like I keep saying and said in another thread about Studio DC, if at least one person was introduced to the muppets and liked them enough to look further into it, then that's what matters. It doesn't matter if muppet fans (who I SWEAR are starting to become harder to please than the Sonic fanbase) don't like it, someone out there will and maybe even become a fan because of it.

I think some people in their bias against disney seem to just want to focus on all the bad instead of the good that comes out of the "bad"

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well like i said, I can't really explain why this rubbed me the wrong way at first. I'm sorry for my negative attitude.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I love how everyone changed their attitudes :stick_out_tongue:

Like I keep saying and said in another thread about Studio DC, if at least one person was introduced to the muppets and liked them enough to look further into it, then that's what matters. It doesn't matter if muppet fans (who I SWEAR are starting to become harder to please than the Sonic fanbase) don't like it, someone out there will and maybe even become a fan because of it.

I think some people in their bias against disney seem to just want to focus on all the bad instead of the good that comes out of the "bad"
I refuse to watch any of this show, but I know it's an important step in keeping the characters out there. It's funny that some would act as if the Muppets were bought by another company, they wouldn't shove them into their crummy shows. And I'll take a sub-Saved By The Bell show appearance over The Bachelor any day. THAT was the appearance on a show that's well below their dignity.

I do think the consensus is that we want the Muppets to be on their own TV show. The problem isn't that they aren't... the problem is there's no where to put it. ABC would rather shove Splash in our faces until we like it than give a chance to a Muppet TV show again.

Let's just hope they're on better programs come next March.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I didn't change my attitude, I still think this wasn't such a great appearance, but I don't like to ramble about it.
I like when the Muppets appear on things like 30 ROCK, and the Late-Night appearances that they do, but I've always hated Disney Channel.

Personally, I'm the wrong person to ask. You should ask a person that does like Disney Channel if it was a good appearance and if the Muppets were funny enough.

Going back to the TVG topic: From the picture that Sarge posted, I thought that the G was for the alternate Muppet Show that they were watching. It was actually on-screen because the show came back from commercial break, and the TVG usually stays on for about seven second or eight seconds.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I do like Disney, that's the funny thing. I've seen most episodes of most of their shows, including GLC. I still think the performance itself was rather weak for whatever reason, but the song was good enough.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I personally never cared for Disney's sitcoms (except Even Stevens... that one was good!), and I only really hated it when every other network wanted to be them, and Hanna Montana's popularity was starting to hurt television animation (that was the reason CN forced garbage like Out of Jimmy's Head and Dude what would Happen on the viewers that actually hated them, and Nick was throwing Nicktoons under the bus right and left... with the obvious exception of Spongebob). It's not the shows themselves, mind you, it's Hollywoods "follow the leader" at its finest. Disney has since backed off and stopped shoving these tweencoms in your face to be a little more even handed. Phineas and Ferb was a turning point, Gravity Falls and the Marvel shows proved they can still get kids to watch not live action things.

Mike Quinn

Reaction score
Lol, you guys are funny :smile:

To answer Dwayne1115 and Muppetlover123, yeah there was one shot where I did two chickens, just as I've been doing almost 34 years ago since Great Muppet Caper. Often it's harder when you have larger characters. Sometimes it's not too bad if you have a good position and not too many responsibilities in the shot. Strangely, I find it harder to perform only one character on my right hand (I'm left handed) than one on each. It's something to do with how the brain works I guess :wink:

The thing about shows like GLC here that you won't be aware of is that these sets are not raised. That means we have nowhere to hide and are in tougher positions for our own bodies. That becomes harder in group scenes as we become a tangled mess of limbs etc. So it's harder to get our puppets looking perfect and we tire much quicker. Having puppets move across the floor becomes a real trial.

I personally think GLC is a harmless fun show and has some laughs in it. Everyone I know really cares about the Muppets and really wants the best for those characters and the fans. What you should understand is that everyone running things there are actually fans too, with hearts and souls (and kids sometimes).

The more Muppets can do appearances like these, the more everyone can get into their stride.

Oh by the way, well spotted - yes, brand new chickens for the movie, lol! Their beaks actually move much nicer than before, so that's a good thing :smile:

Now, be nice to each other and try to keep positive as everyone's trying their best, lol!

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Lol, you guys are funny :smile:

To answer Dwayne1115 and Muppetlover123, yeah there was one shot where I did two chickens, just as I've been doing almost 34 years ago since Great Muppet Caper. Often it's harder when you have larger characters. Sometimes it's not too bad if you have a good position and not too many responsibilities in the shot. Strangely, I find it harder to perform only one character on my right hand (I'm left handed) than one on each. It's something to do with how the brain works I guess :wink:

The thing about shows like GLC here that you won't be aware of is that these sets are not raised. That means we have nowhere to hide and are in tougher positions for our own bodies. That becomes harder in group scenes as we become a tangled mess of limbs etc. So it's harder to get our puppets looking perfect and we tire much quicker. Having puppets move across the floor becomes a real trial.

I personally think GLC is a harmless fun show and has some laughs in it. Everyone I know really cares about the Muppets and really wants the best for those characters and the fans. What you should understand is that everyone running things there are actually fans too, with hearts and souls (and kids sometimes).

The more Muppets can do appearances like these, the more everyone can get into their stride.

Oh by the way, well spotted - yes, brand new chickens for the movie, lol! Their beaks actually move much nicer than before, so that's a good thing :smile:

Now, be nice to each other and try to keep positive as everyone's trying their best, lol!
Man i really appreciate you answering questions and just preforming with the muppets even though you dont have any main characters