1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Forum Upgrade May 25
    We will be upgrading our forum software on Saturday May 25. This is a major upgrade that will add many new features and enhance security.

3. Radionomy ends May 31
    Radionomy has announced that all US stations, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed on May 31, 2019.

4. You Can Be a Muppeteer
    Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Jennifer Barnhart, Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

TV Alert: The Muppets on "Good Luck Charlie" Season 4 premiere April 28, 2013

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Apr 22, 2013.

1. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Our friends at toughpigs did a review of the show, and they had a still shot of Kermit and Piggy on TV with the Muppet Show curtain. What makes this picture interesting is the little TVG rating box that you see at the start of every show on TY. This brings up a couple of questions in my mind. (1.) Does this mean that the Muppets could be coming back to TV sooner then we think....or...(2) was it put there to show the Muppets are a family show, and the little girl would be fine watching it?

2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Man, that Toughpigs article is a little too tongue in cheek. I was kinda hoping for some sarcastic barbs, but that's a little too sarcastic for my taste.

3. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the TVG box is on every Disney Channel show (though I could be wrong, I haven't watched the network in years!). I didn't watch the episode, but I'm sure it was never meant to be used specifically for the Muppets' scene. It's just part of the airing of "Good Luck Charlie".

4. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

From watching the clip posted here, I'd have to agree that it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. It wasn't the most thrilling musical number and I'm still not a fan of this show but there were a couple of touches that I liked (Animal's drum set and Kermit saying, "Good Luck, Charlie!")

5. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

He's referring to this picture on ToughPigs which LOOKS like the TVG symbol is on the tv that Charlie is watching. But when you actually look at it, the G is overlapping the TV and you can see the wallpaper of the Duncan's house behind the TV, indicating that is is part of Good Luck Charlie and not the scene from the Muppet Show

The TVG symbol is just the typical symbol that appears after the commercial break. Dwayne mistook it as a symbol that was appearing on the tv that Charlie was watching. If the symbol was part of the Muppet Show on the TV as he thought, the symbol would be down more and smaller.

(The picture is not a direct screenshot, someone is filming their tv)

[​IMG]

6. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Yes, that's pretty much what I said. The symbol is part of GLC, and not the specific Muppet scene.

7. Sgt Floyd

I was just trying to make sure it was clear. I couldn't tell if you knew what he was talking about or not :p

8. dwayne1115

hummm i don't know y'all I still say it's out of place....

9. Sgt Floyd

But its a scene just after the commercial break when those things usually appear. And its overlapping the onscreen tv :/

I put a white border around where the on screen tv is, hopefully making it more clear. The box is on top of the tv. The leafy wallpaper is part of whats being shown on tv. The really thick black around the edges is because someone filmed their tv. Anything around the sides of the picture is not part of the GLC episode. Like I said, the G would not be on top of the on screen tv if it was meant to be part of the muppet show.

I'm afraid you are getting your hopes up over an optical illusion :/

[​IMG]

Mo Frackle likes this.
  10. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I knew I wouldn't really agree with this episode. At least they didn't make it that bad, but it was still pretty bad.
    Muppets and Disney Channel just DON'T go together. It's been proved in the past many, many times. (Do I have to remind anyone?)

I haven't seen Piggy in this outfit in a while. Actually, I think the last time I saw her wear it besides this appearance, was on the Muppet Show Season Three main menu.
    [​IMG]

11. Sgt Floyd

What bothers me most about the appearance is just how badly it seems the muppets were performed. Fozzie and Piggy were ok, but Kermit just seemed....like Steve didn't want to be there and wasn't giving it his all. Kermit was just so stiff and horrible to look at :/

And the Chickens were just there...

12. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I think you're sounding a little too pessimistic.

13. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Something tells me that was the case. I have a feeling that Steve kinda has a thing about working for Disney now. Either that or he felt this show was lame and low caliber.

14. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Steve has said that he didn't like doing the Studio DC specials. He said, "It was fun, but it didn't really work out."

15. Mike Quinn

Mike Quinn Well-Known Member

Pity some of the posts here are a little down about the show. Perhaps the ones who enjoyed it more don't post as much?
    It was a really great experience for us all. Wonderful cast and crew who looked after us well and were all very excited and enthusiastic about Muppets being there. It was a true delight from start to finish. I can assure you there was no negativity on set from any of the performers at all.
    Several of us were fighting off mid-winter colds and the principle guys were days away from flying to the UK for the next movie. Everyone worked hard and I thought it turned out pretty good.
    I truly believe Steve and Eric are the only people to do these characters (which are among the hardest to do, believe me). They really do care about their work and keeping these characters as alive and true as they possibly can. I've seen how hard they work every day, on top of jet-lag and doing press promos etc.
    This was just meant to be a quick little fun Muppet piece they managed to squeeze in. I wouldn't read too much into it folks. Enjoy it (or not) and move on, lol!
    I thought it turned out quite nicely. After all, more Muppets is better, correct?.....

16. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Hey Mike!
    Y'know, I thought I would be let down a lot more. I can't complain though, since DC has done a lot worse with the Muppets in the past. The song was catchy, and the end credits bit was..well...not so bad.
    Out of curiosity, which Muppets were you performing here? There were very few characters here. I mean even Gonzo wasn't there and Gonzo is ALWAYS there. :confused:

17. dwayne1115

Thank you Mike.and I thought I saw your name in the credits. I don't know why this bothered me liked it did, but after hearing you speak from being there I do feel a little better. Steve and Eric are both wonderful and they truly do understand and know what they are doing. I think one of my main things is i want to see the Muppets on tv full time.

18. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I don't think it's a good show. The Disney Channel is a toddler's training ground for mindless consumption.

muppetlover123 likes this.
  19. Mike Quinn

Mike Quinn Well-Known Member

So don't watch Disney Channel Mr Bloogar Foobly. We all have that choice.
    Mindless consumption is the majority of family and older TV too. It's called entertainment. Just as when we were kids, adults need to escape and play too. If you expect TV to do the job of parents and teachers and train toddlers then you misunderstand the role of adults and the role of your TV. Nowhere on my TV set does it state that it's an educational device.

I agree Dwayne1115, we would love to see more Muppets on TV. Here's hoping ;)

Muppetfan 123, Sure, it would be nice to have Gonzo & co appearing on shows like this, but resources, practicality and availability limit that becoming possible quite often. In other words, they have to cut according to their cloth sometimes.
    As supporting Muppeteer, I played several chickens, assisted Steve for one shot and doubled for Fozzie in the last two shots at the end.

I hope to never stop experiencing the joy of a toddler mindlessly at play ;)

Duke Remington likes this.
  20. dwayne1115

So That raises a question,Where you preforming two chickens at once? Because I've seen this happen before and always wonder how much of a challenge it really was.

muppetlover123 likes this.