New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hubert

Reaction score
I'm not really worried about anything being rushed. It seems like if anything, Disney would have rushed the first one, which they didn't do, so I feel like they might be able to time things even better. Though I don't care for Disney's handling of the Muppets, they seem to at least know what they're doing with release dates and stuff.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I voted Thanksgiving/Christmas 2013 because I really want to see the new Muppet movie that takes place in England. I heard that The Muppet Christmas Carol was filmed between June 11th, 1992 to August 15th, 1992 and it was released December 11, 1992. Maybe, there's a chance that the new Muppet movie will release in 2013.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not at all. They focus grouped it over the summer and made some changes all in good time for its Thanksgiving Day release. You may have not appreciated the edit, but there was no rush job. That's a fiction. If anything, they took too much time and were too careful.
I guess you're right about that. I'm going to have to blame the studio for wanting it lopped to a certain run time for taking out a major exposition. Hopefully with this next film, the writers knew their limits time wise. Seems like they wrote a 2 and a half hour sweeping epic for something that has to be paired down to 90 minutes. Actually, Too careful with the edits sounds perfectly correct.

It shocks me to see this nuanced response. I don't necessarily disagree. I've just seen enough posts by you that rail against studios and blame the poor performances of good films released in notoriously weak periods like January-March.
You know, I think I said that earlier on, but I completely changed my mind about that when that terrible gnome thing became a hit. Though I will say, being dodgy about any time the film is released due to fears it will fall through the cracks is a thing to consider, even if it's pessimistic and Booberish. I have no doubts the film could be ready in perfect form by Christmas. I'd love to see it get the same Thanksgiving slot, but Disney already has something planned there so far.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I guess you're right about that. I'm going to have to blame the studio for wanting it lopped to a certain run time for taking out a major exposition. Hopefully with this next film, the writers knew their limits time wise. Seems like they wrote a 2 and a half hour sweeping epic for something that has to be paired down to 90 minutes. Actually, Too careful with the edits sounds perfectly correct.

You know, I think I said that earlier on, but I completely changed my mind about that when that terrible gnome thing became a hit. Though I will say, being dodgy about any time the film is released due to fears it will fall through the cracks is a thing to consider, even if it's pessimistic and Booberish. I have no doubts the film could be ready in perfect form by Christmas. I'd love to see it get the same Thanksgiving slot, but Disney already has something planned there so far.
The terrible gnome thing is getting a sequel. Ugh. Beware.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
There is another plea I want for the squeal. Pleaseeeeee please have Robin because he is so cute. Also, I want a dedication of Jerry on there mentioned since I heard or even read a lot of complaints that the news or media has not mention much of "Jerry." I am really gonna squeee if those happen... I hope.

2 MORe DAYS TIL' JANUARY! YAAAAAAAAAAY :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The terrible gnome thing is getting a sequel. Ugh. Beware.
That's why I'll NEVER look a January/February movie release in the mouth again! A movie that Pixar refused to make, that Disney barely cared about, that they had to release as a contractual obligation made money because it was the only family film during a vacation weekend. Meanwhile, John Carter flopped, and it got what they thought would be a plum March release. If only it wasn't for a bunch of movies that looked exactly the same (at least due to the crap marketing).

Besides... February was pretty kind to Doug and Recess. If Ducktales had that sweet spot, we would have seen that Rescue Rangers movie. Could have had an annual Disney Afternoon movie, actually.

There is another plea I want for the squeal. Pleaseeeeee please have Robin because he is so cute. Also, I want a dedication of Jerry on there mentioned since I heard or even read a lot of complaints that the news or media has not mention much of "Jerry." I am really gonna squeee if those happen... I hope.
I hope to see Robin too, but like I always say, outside of his brief appearance at the beginning of the Muppet Movie and his major role as Tiny Tim in, well... you know... he really hasn't had much role in film. This can either follow the trend or break out of it. Hard to tell now.

But if he isn't in the next one, he SHOULD be in the third one no question.

Mister Muppet

Reaction score

2 MORe DAYS TIL' JANUARY! YAAAAAAAAAAY :smile:
I'd love to see Robin in it as well but as Drtooth mentioned he hasdn't really had much role in film like his brief appearance at the beginning of The Muppet movie and in Muppets from Space and his major role as Tiny Tim also a dedication to Jerry would be Great and there should definetly be one

By the way Its January Yaaaaaaaaay

Status
Not open for further replies.