Your Thoughts: What's the Name of that Song? DVD

Cheebo

Reaction score
Splurge said:
As nutty as this may sound, which "Pinball Number Count" # was this? (Sounds crazy, I know, because they all seem so similar, but some of those cartoons I like better than others. Know what I mean?)

Also what was the scene for BB's ABC-DEF-GHI song, that usual one where he's facing a green banner in the playground?
12 and green banner.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, Pinball Number Count is the remix done last year by Ninja Tune. The video is a mixture of all of the pinball segments edited together. It was pretty neat to see them all in one piece. The remix was exactly like the one included on "Songs From The Street" and the NinjaTune remix EP except that the Count's line ("I love it, I love it!") was edited out.

Cheebo

Reaction score
Oh oops then. I thought since it counted to twelve it was the 12 one.
:embarrassed:

Oliver

Reaction score
Ninja Tune put out an EP of SS remixes??

Do you know who was involved?

Also, I have no interest in seeing appearances by The Dixie Chicks, Wayne Brady, or any other current pop-celeb cameo, in fact I find the 2 mentioned personalities to be extremely abnoxious... I despise Elmo and Zoe as well as the little bear character and will not likely ever watch a current episode of S.S. as it just holds no interest... Would you still recommend this DVD to me? I am solely lured by the classic segments and retrospectives and am trying to decide whether this would be a worthwhile purchase?

Cheebo

Reaction score
Oliver said:
Ninja Tune put out an EP of SS remixes??

Do you know who was involved?

Also, I have no interest in seeing appearances by The Dixie Chicks, Wayne Brady, or any other current pop-celeb cameo, in fact I find the 2 mentioned personalities to be extremely abnoxious... I despise Elmo and Zoe as well as the little bear character and will not likely ever watch a current episode of S.S. as it just holds no interest... Would you still recommend this DVD to me? I am solely lured by the classic segments and retrospectives and am trying to decide whether this would be a worthwhile purchase?
90% of the celebs including Dixie Chicks are on for like 5 seconds each. Wayne Brady has his own song Between which is a great song.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oliver said:
Great, I'll go for it than!

Thanks Cheebo.

If you want to rent it first, I think some stores may have it. Other than that, try Best buy. It offers the DVD for 10 bucks, so even if you are dissappointed, at least you got a good price on it.

jrod

Reaction score
I really enjoyed this dvd more than the 25th anniversary. The "street" scenes were overall entertaining but I thought the floating numbers and letters were kinda cheesy. I really enjoyed many of the songs, but I wish that the REM "Furry Happy Monsters" could have been shown in full or the new Norah Jones song with Elmo. My FAVORITE part of the dvd was the "Pinball Number Count". I LOVE that style of animation! I guess its sorta like the schoolhouse rock style animation.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's tearing me from the inside I do not have this DVD yet...

Are there song/scene selections?