Your Thoughts: What's the Name of that Song? DVD

blackurth

Reaction score

they are all songs....
the version of "abc-def-ghi" is the version where bigbird is showing the kids his toys then he flashes back not to the one you described but where he's standing in front of a banner that has the alphabet on it..

the stars are on "sing" (conan o brian,dixie chicks and more who I forgot their names)
"between" wayne brady
"gospel alphabet" patti labelle
"that's the letter o" queen latifah
"operetic lullaby" (don't know her name but she's an opera singer)
"everybodys song" (again don't know her name)
"from your head" (again I forgot)

"what's the
name of that song" is a brand new version like that of "sing" on the 25th anniversary disc,they do a medly of "sing/doin' thee pigeon/and "what's the name of that song" as the finale..

"letter song" and "number song" have floating cartoons singing the songs they are brand new songs and they are both the same songs with different lyrics....

now for the henson fans here's your surprise........"get along" is sung by hensons kermit,do de duck is complete (not cut up like the 25th) again henson doing the voice.."eight balls of fur" by chrissy and the alphabets,and all the 4 bonus skits are from the henson days..so even though there's not alot of henson stuff there's some mixed in it..

also I don't know if this is a first but this disc says "eric jacobson as super grover and bert" (he also does cookie monster which was off a little but not too much)

the parents section as I mentioned in the above thread was boring and had too much elmo in it I turned it off after 5 minutes.......

jrod

Reaction score
I wish there was a sesame dvd with a lot of old clips and sketches. Closest thing I have to it is the ss 25th anniversary dvd. If you already have the 25th anniv, is the new dvd worth purchasing? :sympathy:

blackurth

Reaction score

well the new one doesn't repeat the same songs as the 25th so if you want more songs this is a good one for you...here's more things I wanted to bring up abut the disc..

1.one thing I noticed is that the puppets look wierd...example,ernie has a big head with a head full of hair,bert's head is too small,big birds head is too big,and grovers is too big,cookie monster looks like he had a big hair cut (like harry the monster) elmo looks the same..

2.the human casts that we are used to don't show up until thee very end,gordon,maria,ect....

3.oscar trys to freak out bigbird by putting a song in his head,and it worked.

4.bigbird doesn't know the name of "what's the name of that song" so he goes up to people and asks them "what's the name of that song" and they start singing which upsets him (although he sang that song a long time ago)

5.elmo goes off chasing those floating letters and floating alphabets that i mentioned in the other thread...

6.grover wants to bring "peace" by having everyone in the world sing the same song only to find people arguing which song to sing which makes him feel like a failer..

7.you get a little bit of steve whitmires ernie........

Cheebo

Reaction score
jrod said:
I wish there was a sesame dvd with a lot of old clips and sketches. Closest thing I have to it is the ss 25th anniversary dvd. If you already have the 25th anniv, is the new dvd worth purchasing? :sympathy:
Yes. All the classic songs are different(but do de rubber duck but 25th only showed part of that) and the "street" stuff in between the songs is better than the 25th.

Drtooth

Reaction score
jrod said:

As much as I liked the 25th anniversary one, I'd have to say (from what I hear) this one is better. Everything was cut up, and it wasn't the same as the broadcast version (they didn't use the Opera version of C is for Cookie, and Monster in the Mirror lacked the celebs and Simpsons).

Plus it's a different collection of songs, and surprise extras (the 4 clips, the appearacne of Hoots, etc). I have the 25th video, but it's probably the same as the DVD... I'd get both, to be a completist, but from what I'm hearing, I'd rather get this instead.

BTW, 8 balls of fur was used a few times on VVHS releases, especially Sing yourself sillier at the movies, but I'm guessing this doesn't have anyone talking during the skit. Oscar and Telly provided a little commentary on the movies VHS...

Cheebo

Reaction score
To anyone who has the DVD don't ignore the 20 min parent thing. It really isn't a parent thing at all! It is like a normal 20 min street segmant on Sesame. But with Mr. Hoots (which I havent seen in new stuff for a long time) trying to get some people together for a jam session and he ends up getting Elmo, Rosita, Telly, Oscar (and grouchkateers), Big Bird, & some kids to take part in. Really cute and purely Muppet Sesame stuff.

Captain Vegetable on it shocked me. I havent seen that in YEARS. Heck, I forgot all about it. It was really nostalgic seeing it.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
blackurth said:
they are all songs....
the version of "abc-def-ghi" is the version where bigbird is showing the kids his toys then he flashes back not to the one you described but where he's standing in front of a banner that has the alphabet on it..
Yeah, I think that is the one I described. I guess I just didn't describe it very well. Lol.

Anyway, that's the one I remember seeing when I watched the show as a kid. Thanks for that info.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Cheebo said:
To anyone who has the DVD don't ignore the 20 min parent thing. It really isn't a parent thing at all! It is like a normal 20 min street segmant on Sesame. But with Mr. Hoots (which I havent seen in new stuff for a long time) trying to get some people together for a jam session and he ends up getting Elmo, Rosita, Telly, Oscar (and grouchkateers), Big Bird, & some kids to take part in. Really cute and purely Muppet Sesame stuff.

Captain Vegetable on it shocked me. I havent seen that in YEARS. Heck, I forgot all about it. It was really nostalgic seeing it.
Hmmm. I was worried Kevin has been so busy with Elmo lately, he forgot about Hoots. Lol. I'm glad he's still around. Maybe I should by the DVD. I also remember Captain Vegetable. That was another one of my favorites.

jrod

Reaction score
2 questions:
What does Gloria Estefan sing on here(she is one of my favorite singers)
Are The Simpsons on this dvd(Simpsons is my fave cartoon)

Splurge

Reaction score
blackurth said:
Here's the rundown of the DVD...

Extras: 4 classic shorts-featuring-"abc-def-ghi" (big bird), "but I like you" (bert and ernie), captain vegetable and "pinball number count"
As nutty as this may sound, which "Pinball Number Count" # was this? (Sounds crazy, I know, because they all seem so similar, but some of those cartoons I like better than others. Know what I mean?)

Also what was the scene for BB's ABC-DEF-GHI song, that usual one where he's facing a green banner in the playground?