Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
The thing is, they tried to get an Elmo cameo in, but apparently they would have had to pay SW a fortune for it for some reason. I wonder if it was just for that character or for anyone on Sesame... I think Disney would have let them, but there was some price mumbo jumbo they couldn't get past. Still, rather see Elmo than Selina Gomez.
How does Sesame Street still have rights to show the old Kermit videos? Isn't he owned by Disney now?

12Medbe

Reaction score
Back from seeing it a second time! I loved seeing it again!

By the way during the Opening Theme of The Muppet Show. I finally noticed that Beaker took part in the male chorus line, This is the first time that Beaker has taken part in that yeah?

Ruahnna

Reaction score
i was confused when it showed scooter worked at Google, 'cause i thought he was a math nerd according to the Muppet show comics.
I think the point we're ALL clear on is that Scooter is a nerd/geek and the world is NOT ignorant of his talent! Luckily, he comes back to help the technolgy-challenged Kermit deal with all that needs to be dealt with.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think the point we're ALL clear on is that Scooter is a nerd/geek and the world is NOT ignorant of his talent! Luckily, he comes back to help the technolgy-challenged Kermit deal with all that needs to be dealt with.
Honestly I wasn't entirely into the Google joke. I feel like because of Muppet Babies people picture Scooter as a computer geek but on The Muppet Show his ambition in life was to get into show business.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
were kermit and piggy not together in MFS?
Dr. Tooth gave you a good answer, but I'm going to jump in anyway. In MFS, there were some things that were charming--like the muppet boarding house--which just don't quite...work in the rest of the muppet stuff. If there was a muppet boarding house, how did Fozzie end up in such a terrible situation in TM? IMNHO, seeing Kermit have to do all the maintenance around the place and fight for a turn in the bathroom was great--as was "Brick House" but there were so many things that were just not quite quite. Piggy wouldn't have had her own room--she'd have had her own floor. Gonzo and Rizzo and Pepe rooming together--sure. Piggy living under the same roof with Kermit, or Kermit living under the same roof with Piggy without somebody blowing a gasket--doubtful. Now, living under the same roof together--that they could have managed, although I don't know about the rest of the household.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Honestly I wasn't entirely into the Google joke. I feel like because of Muppet Babies people picture Scooter as a computer geek but on The Muppet Show his ambition in life was to get into show business.
I didn't even know that about Muppet Babies, but Scooter's ambition was always to run things from behind the scenes. He liked to be onstage, but what he really wanted was to be running things, and that's a geek dream for sure. I adore that aspect of Scooter's personality, though, that he's the guy who's got Kermit's back (and Piggy's lyrics, when necessary) and who knows where all the bodies are buried.

One of my favorite Scooter scenes EVER? Scooter trying to chat up the chorus girls with a lampshade on his head in IAVMMC. (Not so much the cage dancing....)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I didn't even know that about Muppet Babies, but Scooter's ambition was always to run things from behind the scenes. He liked to be onstage, but what he really wanted was to be running things
Not saying he didn't want to run backstage. But I felt like it was more that he knew becoming useful backstage was a way to ultimately get onto the stage as well.

beaker

Reaction score
Dr. Tooth gave you a good answer, but I'm going to jump in anyway. In MFS, there were some things that were charming--like the muppet boarding house--which just don't quite...work in the rest of the muppet stuff. If there was a muppet boarding house, how did Fozzie end up in such a terrible situation in TM? IMNHO, seeing Kermit have to do all the maintenance around the place and fight for a turn in the bathroom was great--as was "Brick House" but there were so many things that were just not quite quite. Piggy wouldn't have had her own room--she'd have had her own floor. Gonzo and Rizzo and Pepe rooming together--sure. Piggy living under the same roof with Kermit, or Kermit living under the same roof with Piggy without somebody blowing a gasket--doubtful. Now, living under the same roof together--that they could have managed, although I don't know about the rest of the household.
MFS isnt related to the new film, different canon. But I LOVVVVVED everything about the muppet boarding house. Was one of the few things that really worked for me. I dare say I loved the opening madcap intro of MFS more than MTI, VMX, MCC, and even GMC.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But I LOVVVVVED everything about the muppet boarding house. Was one of the few things that really worked for me. I dare say I loved the opening madcap intro of MFS more than MTI, VMX, MCC, and even GMC.
It probably was the best thing in the movie. But The Happiness Hotel in GMC was more the usual Muppet mayhem for me.