Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Two other things I loved.

-Rowlf. He was in it just the right amount, I think - it was kind of essentially his "re-introduction" and I think it was handled incredibly well, from his exo-montage to seeing his fingers tickle the ivories at the top of the "Life's a Happy Song" reprise.

-I don't know if this has been discussed here, and I feel like I could be wrong, but... that hole in the ceiling that Fozzie mentions. Well, if that hole is what I think it is, then it's one of the most magical touches that Segel, Stoller and Bobin could have included in the movie. That's part of what rainbows do.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
They werent off by a dollar, they were off by 9.9 million, or something like that. When fozzie hits the counter we see it was set wrong and was off by two decimal places. They raised like 100k. It was clever to put that gag in because until then I thought the same thing you did.
Quite honestly I didn't like that part. I though it would have been cool if someone had pulled out a dollar and saved everything at the last minute.

But the bigger reason I have a problem with is, if the last 2 digits were the cents and not dollar, does that mean that the first family that called in only pledged 25 cents?

Puckrox

Reaction score
But the bigger reason I have a problem with is, if the last 2 digits were the cents and not dollar, does that mean that the first family that called in only pledged 25 cents?
I had this exact same thought! I was kind of baffled about how that would translate with the first family. Maybe somewhere along the way there was a glitch and it skipped ahead? I doubt there would be a pledge of only 25 cents.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
And they just take for granted that the latter number is the correct one. Yeah, the money seemed to be rolling in awful fast, but so? Can't the numbers be verified through the actual payments? I mean, that was ONLY a display board ....

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
And they just take for granted that the latter number is the correct one. Yeah, the money seemed to be rolling in awful fast, but so? Can't the numbers be verified through the actual payments? I mean, that was ONLY a display board ....
Yea that's a good point too. I would have thought that people might have occasionally said what amounts were coming in at times.

zoebell

Reaction score
i always thought jim's kermit could actually be MORE combative with piggy at times. i don't actually remember the pig jokes being any less back then

one of the great things about jim and frank's timing/chemistry were their hilarious kermit/piggy fights. they would just suddenly devolve into bickering, but it was funny because the fights were always so specific, like two people who know each other really well. very married couple-ish

but when jim was kermit he could easily give as good as he got, and i feel like that part of their relationship changed after his death, because jim and frank were so good at improv together

but i did love them in this movie. and in interviews and stuff i think steve and eric are getting pretty good at the banter between them

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
i always thought jim's kermit could actually be MORE combative with piggy at times. i don't actually remember the pig jokes being any less back then
There were jokes but not as mean spirited as they have been lately. In the past Kermit made jokes but you knew he really liked Piggy. More recently Kermit made jokes and you wondered why he was even with her.

zoebell

Reaction score
hmm. you mean after the muppet show then. because for the entire run of the show i'm not sure there was ever any evidence that he really did like her back in that way (unless you're counting the movies, where yes, he obviously does but they're not necessarily canon)

after the show he did start liking her though. i think by the mid-80's jim was admitting they were a couple if not married. but during TMS it was almost entirely one-sided

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
hmm. you mean after the muppet show then. because for the entire run of the show i'm not sure there was ever any evidence that he really did like her back in that way (unless you're counting the movies, where yes, he obviously does but they're not necessarily canon)
The trouble really started in very recent years, mainly in interviews where Kermit talked about Piggy.

Though I do Kermit liked Piggy on The Muppet Show. The character was just more stoic than in the movies.

zoebell

Reaction score
so they never lived in the house together? i thought the movie implied that they did and she left at some point.

i kind of don't like the explanation in this junior novel because if that was in the movie it would literally erase every movie and thing they did after MTM. i was kind of thinking it had been more like 10 years and not, you know, 28. that's an insanely long time. or maybe they wanted to imply it had been since jim's death or something, i don't know.