1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: The Muppets on NBC's Christmas in Rockefeller Center

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

That wasn't Eric as Fozzie? Or did you just mean in the 'behind the scenes' clip? I might want to check that scene on You Tube. I also didn't know the EM did a song later. I'll have to check my tape again.

I did think it was cool that they had the other Muppets join :concern: and :shifty: in singing "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year." I really enjoy that on the "Red & Green Christmas" CD.
  2. Daffyfan2003

Can someone help me out here. I'm going through my tape and I'm not finding the part with the Electric Mayhem. Was it before or after the part with Gonzo and Rizzo? Maybe seeing it on You Tube might help here as well. Anyway, if anyone can help me with this I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
  3. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

They weren't on some broadcast areas...MINE included....does anybody know if it is on Youtube yet? Or does anybody have it?
    Put the link up...PLEEEEEEEZE OK?:rolleyes:
  4. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

OMG - haven't watched that clip yet but i was totally in tears laughing at that description! I'll bet Kermit gave some classic "eep" or "oh my" type reactions to that! Too bad those Bloopers shows/specials aren't on the air anymore - that would be a priceless moment to show on one of those. Ladies and gentlemen, this is what happens when you let out the weather girl to try to do a serious interview...
  5. Daffyfan2003

AL-VIN! Sorry, couldn't resist. Lol.

Okay, so it's not just me. So I guess You Tube is our only hope then. One big disappointment of living in Northeast PA.
  6. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

7. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Nice, also the video that was on youtube of the behind the scenes rehearsal was apparently not the rehearsal as Gonzo did the same lip sync mistake in the actual performance. I guess they pre-recorded which makes sense.

The Gonzo puppet is really growing on me. Has an 80's feel to it. Seems a lot of the new designs are going more old like Sam and some of the Piggy puppets (she has real looking long hair again!).

I really hope someone gets that EM clip on the web! Since not all of the nation got to see it though the chances of someone uploading it are greatly decreased.
  8. Daffyfan2003

Did you mean, Sam the Eagle or the first Muppet Sam from 'Sam and Friends?' Just curious there.
  9. Muppet Loverr

Muppet Loverr Member

Matt Vogel performing Kermit
  10. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Eagle of course.
  11. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Oooh! Is that who was doing Kermit? Awesome. I love Rizzo here. Piggy's outfit looks even BETTER than it did in the rehearsal!
  12. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Has anyone seen this? It's a video someone made when they were shooting the Muppets at Rockefeller Center. It's kinda like a behind the scene because you can see the preformers. It's pretty neat.

I watched a few days back trying to search for this after missing the night it aired. Enjoy!
  13. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

Does anybody happen to know of any footage of the Electric Mayhem's performance yet? :sing::flirt: They didn't show it on our station. :cry:
  14. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

15. Daffyfan2003

Wait. I'm a little confused here. People liked Matt as Kermit? I thought after this Artie/Kesmit thing it was established that Steve was to be the only performer of Kermit. Or did you just mean Matt was doing the puppetry while Steve was performing Rizzo, then Steve looped in the voice for :) later on. Can someone help me understand this better?
  16. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

I'm not positive, but I think it's just that Steve did the voice, while Matt did the performing.

That's really awesome that they all sang "Most Wonderful Time of the Year" which happens to be one of my favorite Christmas songs, and definitely my favorite song on the Red and Green Christmas album.

I'd love to see footage of the Electric Mayhem!
  17. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Fans don't object to the stand-ins filling the puppets when a performer is otherwise engaged. Filling in for the actual performance of speaking lines and promoting an event as being the genuine Muppet article when that isn't the case is where most fans object. Vogel and all the performers did a great job at this NBC event.
  18. Daffyfan2003

Okay. That makes sense since when Artie performed Kermit/Kismet it was just him or him and Piggy, but I see where Steve can't perform both :) and :shifty: at the same time. 'He got two hands only.'
  19. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

Didn't Jim wish for Puppeteers with more hands
  20. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

What he said!