1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: The Muppets on NBC's Christmas in Rockefeller Center

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Phillip Administrator

As announced earlier, the Muppets are scheduled to appear on NBC this Wednesday night on "Christmas in Rockefeller Center" at 7 pm central, 8 pm eastern.

According to Muppet Studios announcement, the Electric Mayhem, Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Rizzo and Pepe will all perform.

After you watch the appearance, share your thoughts here.
  2. BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Oh my god! It's Lips! He's back! :eek:
  3. Jaga828 New Member

Electric Mayhem On Now!

Nbc Has The Muppets On Right Now!
  4. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Wow, Lips caught me by total surprise!
  5. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

ARGH! Curse you guys for being an hour ahead of me! *waits impatiently*
  6. Vic Romano Active Member

Great performance! Bill of course always the miracle man with Jim's characters. Janice and Floyd: I don't know who's doing them, but holy guacamole Spicoli, they sounded great! If I have one nit pick, the good doctor (particularly his right hand) was playing a bit spastic, but this was just a great great great performance.

Oh yeah, and Zach Levi is a d***.
  7. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Recently it's been David Rudman and Matt Vogel as Janice and Floyd (respectively). So... we can probably assume that's who it was.

Now... I'm not going to look at this thread anymore until I see the performance! :attitude:
  8. ohtherain New Member

Lips? LIPS! Oh my god, I was shocked! I'm happy that they did Run Run Rudolph. Janice and Floyd's backing was really great, and I was happy that Animal didn't grunt too much. But LIPS! Where's he been? This is better than Dr. Strangepork being in the Bohemian Rhapsody virmup!
  9. greenscientist New Member

Zachary Levi

Loved Electric Mayhem, they were smokin' though the kids seemed a bit confused as to what they were watching. I'm also not sure what Zachary Levi meant by 'who knew they could sing?' since they've been singing for over 30 years :mad: Awesome start, hope to see more throughout the program
  10. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Wait, it just started, and I have't seen the band used yet.
  11. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I can't get the link to work for me, but I am so glad that Lips is in this. I'm really excited about the Muppets appearance now... Too bad Lips wasn't in the Bohemian Rhapsody video. Sure, there might not have been a trumpet sound in the song, but there also wasn't a saxaphoen sound, and Zoot was still included (and he held his saxaphone anyway).
  12. MWoO Active Member

Wow, I started watching 20 minutes in thinking they wouldn't be on right away (and because I forgot) but I guess I already missed it. I hope someone recorded it and posts it.
  13. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

You didn't miss it. The person who posted that was an hour ahead and got to see it sooner. They're still coming. Don't stop watching!
  14. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Muppets were just on! I loved 'em! Gonzo looked a little better, his head didn't look so large (for some reason, he looks better from the side to me).
  15. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Okay, so I just saw Gonzo and everybody, but I have seen no Mayhem. I guess it started an hour earlier or something? But I checked my NBC an hour ago and it was just local news. Very, very strange. I'm hoping Hulu or NBC.com will have it all tomorrow or that the Mayhem will just show up later for me. *shrug* Gonzo and the gang were AWESOME, though!
  16. rtgentry Member

Yeah me too, Rod stewart is on and there is only like 15 minutes left and no electric mayhem on my side either! This better not happen!
  17. greenscientist New Member

I guess maybe the East coast got 2 hours while everyone else got only 1? It started at 7 here (Pennsylvania) and it seems each artist has performed once per hour.
  18. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

That's what it's sounding like to me too. I've been talking to Tough Pigs about it on Twitter and they got an extra hour that I didn't get so... yeah, that must've been what happened. I'm sure it'll be online at some point tomorrow! :sing:
  19. Telly Active Member

Sad. Same here.
  20. ploobis Well-Known Member

I didn't see The Electric Mayhem preform but I did see Gonzo, Rizzo and the others sing "It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year" from the Red & Green Christmas album and I loved it!

And I have to agree, Gonzo did look a little better.