Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

cjd874

Reaction score
Or they could just have abandoned the character and then we'd hear everyone whine about how they don't use him anymore. Take your pick.
You nailed it right on the head.
JazzyAlphabet, look at it this way. They didn't abandon Ernie when Jim died. So why would they abandon the Count? They're both equally as important to the Street as Big Bird, Oscar, and Elmo (who, I might add, hasn't been abandoned either). And even though Frank is no longer a regular performer, Cookie, Bert, and Grover are still there, albeit with different performers. A lot of people were hating on Grover's voice when Eric took over in the early 2000s, but he's now one of the most recognizable and most often-used characters on the show. Same for Cookie Monster, who had the Letter of the Day segments and now Cookie's Crumby Pictures. Perhaps the Count might get a new segment of his own in the future. Ya never know.
My point is, give Matt some time to work out the Count's voice. It'll take some getting used to, and it'll never be as good as Jerry's voice, but it will be darn close.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Jerry worked in tandem with Matt for years, and he was handpicked by Jerry to recast his characters. Most of them, anyway. Matt's been doing a great job as Jerry's roles. The thing about The Count is that we've only seen him as the Count twice. This skit and the Youtube video. We'll get better used to it with further sketches, and he'll be more comfortable with the character in time as well.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just saw The Count's nobel prize episode, and it was good, thought I was expecting to see the Count a bit more (both after he arrives and maybe his side of the phone conversations).

So the final test was counting dancing pickles in 18 seconds? I think The Count would have just counted the seconds. And I managed to count all those pickles in time.

So who performed the male judge? His voice sounds so familiar, and yet it also doesn't. It'd make sense if it was Matt Vogel, since he never appears on-screen with The Count.

I was expecting Herry Monster to be in attendance, but he wasn't. I thought somebody said something about it, or maybe it was a rumor.

For some reason Big Bird isn't in attendance, either. I would have expected him to be there over Oscar. Most of the current main characters are there, whether silent or not.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
What's Vine?
A video sharing app.

I just saw The Count's nobel prize episode, and it was good, thought I was expecting to see the Count a bit more (both after he arrives and maybe his side of the phone conversations).

So the final test was counting dancing pickles in 18 seconds? I think The Count would have just counted the seconds. And I managed to count all those pickles in time.

So who performed the male judge? His voice sounds so familiar, and yet it also doesn't. It'd make sense if it was Matt Vogel, since he never appears on-screen with The Count.

I was expecting Herry Monster to be in attendance, but he wasn't. I thought somebody said something about it, or maybe it was a rumor.

For some reason Big Bird isn't in attendance, either. I would have expected him to be there over Oscar. Most of the current main characters are there, whether silent or not.

(Thanks for the spoilers most of us were trying to avoid)

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can never get that darn thing to play without going to Sesame Street's main menu. Even then, the link I had from another thread has all the videos but this one.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
(Thanks for the spoilers most of us were trying to avoid)

Sorry I didn't realize so many people were trying to avoid spoilers, and especially that so many were avoiding watching the segment online before the broadcast. But I don't think I spoiled everything. There's a few things I wanted to mention that I didn't, though whether they're "spoilery" is a matter of opinion.

Now I'm sort of afraid to talk about the vine post.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That's okay, Minor. I read the post at the bottom last, so I avoided reading your other post with the spoilers. :smile: