Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

Drtooth

Reaction score
...called it.

ib4the actual episode, I suppose.

Drtooth

Reaction score
SW, once again, has posted footage of the upcoming episode before the episode takes place. In this case, the Homelamb parody.
And I knew they'd do this. I have to have the Herculean task of not watching it so I have something to look forward to when actually watching the episode.

Seriously... you don't even have to see the show anymore with all the stuff they leak online. Whatever isn't posted before the episode airs is clearly going to be reused footage. Sometimes, they post that too if they hadn't already.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, that makes sense. Guess it's good to have interests that take me away from watching stuff online, plus a patient demeanor to wait until Thursday anyway.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Now I am a little curious about this Count tribute episode since according to what I'm hearing, it's Matt as the Count in that one. But wouldn't that have been before Jerry's death. As someone mentioned, the street scenes were taped prior to Kevin's departure which I'm guessing would have been prior to Jerry's death as well since both events happened around the same time. On the other hand if this was a tribute ep, I'm guessing that the street scene for this particular episode may have been taped a little later. Either that or it was taped recently after Jerry's death which would mean Kevin would still have been around to perform Elmo. (I haven't watched so I don't know if Elmo is in that street scene or not.) I know I'm rambling here, but in general here's what I'm asking. Would this have been taped after Jerry's death but before Kevin's departure or was this one of the few street scenes that was taped later? (Later as in after both Kevin and Jerry left.)

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Now I am a little curious about this Count tribute episode since according to what I'm hearing, it's Matt as the Count in that one. But wouldn't that have been before Jerry's death. As someone mentioned, the street scenes were taped prior to Kevin's departure which I'm guessing would have been prior to Jerry's death as well since both events happened around the same time. On the other hand if this was a tribute ep, I'm guessing that the street scene for this particular episode may have been taped a little later. Either that or it was taped recently after Jerry's death which would mean Kevin would still have been around to perform Elmo. (I haven't watched so I don't know if Elmo is in that street scene or not.) I know I'm rambling here, but in general here's what I'm asking. Would this have been taped after Jerry's death but before Kevin's departure or was this one of the few street scenes that was taped later? (Later as in after both Kevin and Jerry left.)
Here's my general answer (which I'm highlighting partly in white, because SPOILERS! :stick_out_tongue: )
According to a tweet by Matt Vogel, the street story was taped on December 14, 2012 (after Jerry's death and Kevin's departure). Despite this, both Kevin and even Jerry are heard voicing their respective characters in the episode, which could mean that this had been in the works for a while. I watched the episode and the Count's voice is unmistakably Jerry's; it's unknown whether his lines were re-used from existing material or not. Kevin pre-recorded Elmo's dialogue for this and episodes 4403 and 4408 (the latter street story is up on Sesamestreet.org, and if you watch carefully, Elmo's lip-synch goes off a few times). Now I know I'm theorizing here, but Kevin dubbing Elmo's lines potentially could have been a last-minute situation, done just before he took his leave of abscence in early November.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Now back to my original question. Was this Count tribute episode taped after Jerry's death? Before or after Kevin's departure? Anyone have any info there?
I haven't seen the episode yet but the episode was taped after Jerry's death and after Kevin's departure. The episode was taped December 14, 2012.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
And to Johnny, thanks for that info. I know Kevin did prerecord Elmo's dialog for certain occassions such as the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. I guess he was either required to or obligated to finish some things before leaving. I know about the "two-week notice" agreement before leaving a job, so that may have been the case with Sesame Workshop as well. Anyway, I'll check out that ep either on Thursday when it's on or online and I'll watch for any scenes when Elmo is talking out of sync.

Sorry to double-post, but the 'edit' command wasn't letting me post for some reason or other.