Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Ryan is doing Elmo in the WOTD material, plus select inserts they filmed while they were in LA this past summer.

Kevin is doing Elmo everywhere else in the show. Some of the inserts and episodes it seems (Flower Show, Mi Amiguita Rosita and the Count ep.) were taped after Kevin's departure, but he must have left pre-taped vocals for them.

So Kevin is still Elmo?

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
No. All material featuring Kevin as Elmo was recorded in advance before he left the show.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I saw it. I don't like the new voice of The Count.

It takes some time to getting used to but we all had to get used to Steve taking over kermit and Eric taking over Piggy and Grover and Fozzie and Bert, and even more recently Ryan taking over Elmo. Voice is only like 10% of a character the rest of the character comes from doing the little movements that the original preformer would do or like Matt getting the counts laugh down....... just give Matt some time we will all adjust whether we want to or not.... :batty:

cjd874

Reaction score
i present to you......

THE COUNT AND OSCAR SEGMENT!!!
Am I the only one who wasn't a fan of the opening music? Something about it didn't seem right to me. I've heard the new singing voice from the "Counting the views on Youtube" song, but the speaking voice is definitely gruffer than Jerry's voice. At least Matt's got the basic essence of the character down pat. The voice will come along eventually, until it sounds identical to Jerry's.
I love the whole dialogue between Oscar and the Count, and I think this could have been done in the 1980s or 1990s when Caroll and Jerry's characters were regulars on SS. This kinda reminds me of the closing to the season 10 premiere, when the Count has been counting hellos all day and then when Oscar tells him to leave repeatedly, the Count counts Oscar's goodbyes. I wish they did more scenes with these two over the years, as Caroll and Jerry had a really good chemistry together. Overall, this was a good skit, and I would love to see more of these in the future.
(I also noticed duct tape or masking tape on the side of Oscar's can. What's up with that?)

tutter_fan

Reaction score
For some reason, that voice of the count almost kinda reminds me of some character from the movie "The Hunt For Red October".