Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

Bridget

Reaction score
Loving the new season and how they will be bringing back some Jerry Muppets. Can't complain so far, looking forward to all episodes to come!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Or do the obvious thing: Make more newer ones.
It would be great if they did. But it's obvious that this is yet another fun little problem with their shrinking budget. They make such and such amount of episodes before hand, split them up (completely unevenly) and reuse them as much as they get their money's worth, adding a couple extra held out episodes for the next season before more reruns of the same segments in the new episodes which are spaced out to an annoying extreme. Simple answer is, they can't make any more because the budget is going to Crummy Pictures and (maybe) ETM.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I see what you mean. Also I've noticed that it's often repeat episodes where they put all the good new stuff in and episodes with newer street stories just use the repeated segments. It seems like they're never consistent.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
You got me, but Miles left a few years back. I know it's sad when longtime cast members leave, but it seems like Chris, Leela and Mando have taken their place as the resident 'young adult' cast members.

SesameFever

Reaction score
Which episode is the Jerry Nelson Tribute Episode??? AND which classic Characters are returning any old ones we haven't seen in a while????? The only info I can find on these is the blue box at the top of this page. Thanks.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Which episode is the Jerry Nelson Tribute Episode??? AND which classic Characters are returning any old ones we haven't seen in a while????? The only info I can find on these is the blue box at the top of this page. Thanks.

Episode 4411 (airing on Halloween) is the Jerry tribute. Classic characters returning include Guy Smiley and a few others in the Jerry episode.

SesameFever

Reaction score
Episode 4411 (airing on Halloween) is the Jerry tribute. Classic characters returning include Guy Smiley and a few others in the Jerry episode.
Thanks for the info. I read the Muppet Wiki article I am recording that. Thanks.