Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The one redeeming fact about "Eight Is Great" is that Jerry as :batty: actually does mention eight "Hooray's". If you listen to his version of Candyman from The Count Counts there's a goof in that he only says seven "Hubba's" from the valentine candy hearts instead of eight.

*Wonders if they got those from Raggedy Ann. *Hopes no Heartless show up to devour them turning her into a fellow mindless minion of darkness. :scary:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
You know... For some reason I'm reminded of that MB episode where Animal's in the role of Renoir, paints an artistic masterpiece when Piggy the can-can dancer asks him, shows it to be a cookie and takes a bite out of it. He asks her if she wants a bite, which she disgustedly declines... And then Baby Animal holds the painting up to the screen asking the viewer, "You want bite?"
:insatiable: Me love too! *Devours self-portrait.

:insatiable: Go bye bye!

The one redeeming fact about "Eight Is Great" is that Jerry as :batty: actually does mention eight "Hooray's". If you listen to his version of Candyman from The Count Counts there's a goof in that he only says seven "Hubba's" from the valentine candy hearts instead of eight.
That was Jerry? I thought for sure that was Matt's Count. I guess Matt is so good as The Count, you can't really tell a difference.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Trust me, there's an auditive vocal difference between Jerry's and Matt's performance as :batty:.

Matt's is younger and more upbeat versus Jerry's richer signature voice.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Yeah I can barley tell a difference but there is a little difference

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I LOVED today's street story. Any street story that focuses on characters that we rarely see today, is enjoyable, don't you think? The Word of the Day was interesting. I loved the insert of the girl counting the members in her family. Even though I'm going to try now to lay off on saying "Although it's from an earlier season, I enjoyed...", I just want to say that I loved how they managed to slip in a new thunderclap in "8 is Great".

I forgot to say that the Alphabet song with Usher (along with Grover, Abby, Elmo, and Murray) was awesome!

Well, next week I have a dentist appointment, so I will sadly have to sit out on it (just like with 4403), and wait for the re-airing. For everyone who DOES watch next week's episode: I hope you enjoy it, and I look forward to reading your reviews!

cjd874

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is video of the "0" skit with Oscar and the Count? I've been dying to see it (and I'm sure other people have been too), but I can't find it anywhere. Please post it when/if it is found. Thanks!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Trust me, there's an auditive vocal difference between Jerry's and Matt's performance as :batty:.

Jerry had a rasp that somehow was never replicated. Not by Townsend Coleman (cartoon Gobo), certainly. But Matt gives the character such a high energy performance, he embodies the Count in different ways. Like I always say, the voice comes after characterization. He seems to have that down pat.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Well, I guess you of all people would know. : ) Maybe it would help if there were a voice comparison thing for him at You Tube. I guess that hasn't really been updated since Jerry's death, but that's just a suggestion for whoever makes those vids.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
So, there's clearly some holdover Crumby Pictures we won't see until next season, but Steph. D'Abruzzo's site states they're taping more for season 45 as well. So, yay!