Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The new Sesame Street episode for Thursday October 17 is...

Episode 4409 - Leela's Cell Phone Addiction

Leela's constant texting interrupts story time, which upsets Abby and Zoe.

If you've seen "Leela's Cell Phone Addiction", please like this post and let us know your thoughts on the new episode.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I know a lot of people who I should force watching this episode on.

*&^% Texting.

Great to see Oscar having a prominent role. Even Fluffy had a cameo.

The more I see that Mad Men segment the more I have to say, as awesome as having Frank Oz back for that skit, he doesn't sound a thing like Jon Hamm. I guess he's too exuberant not to go all Sam the Eagle on the role. I just got in the habit of watching the real thing, and if there's one thing they got accurate, it's the fact that no one's ever happy with the proposals. Usually the representatives buying the advertisements. The Heinz Beans guy really has his head up his butt. And the diet soda people who wanted them to remake the opening to Bye Bye Birdie. Really?!?! Aw, great... now I'm talking about Mad Men more than Sesame Street.

And I'd say something about seeing a Cookie's Pictures a second time, but considering the alternative is yet another Super Grover rerun, seeing something only a second time is almost refreshing.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The Elmo/J.R. bit was very reminiscent of the one with him and Whoopi.

ploobis

Reaction score
I really love Cookie's "Crumby Pictures Presents"! :insatiable:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I know a lot of people who I should force watching this episode on.
I agree with you completely. It especially frustrates me when people do that while driving or in line at the grocery store where I work. GRRRRRRRRRR!

The Elmo/J.R. bit was very reminiscent of the one with him and Whoopi.
So does anyone know if it was Kevin or Ryan voicing him there? I'm going to guess Kevin, because I think the only inserts with Ryan's Elmo this season are in the WOTD skits, but I could be wrong on that. I'm pretty sure Ryan voiced him in today's about the word 'furious.' I see a bit of a difference now. It seems like Ryan's Elmo doesn't have quite as much of the 'sweetness' in his voice. He seems to sound a little more like he did in the 80s when Kevin started performing him, but he's getting there. But anyway, I'm just guessing on this. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
So does anyone know if it was Kevin or Ryan voicing him there? I'm going to guess Kevin, because I think the only inserts with Ryan's Elmo this season are in the WOTD skits, but I could be wrong on that. I'm pretty sure Ryan voiced him in today's about the word 'furious.' I see a bit of a difference now. It seems like Ryan's Elmo doesn't have quite as much of the 'sweetness' in his voice. He seems to sound a little more like he did in the 80s when Kevin started performing him, but he's getting there. But anyway, I'm just guessing on this. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

That was Ryan in the WOTS and the feelings bit.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Okay. Thanks Oscarfan. Like I said, Ryan's Elmo is good, but with more raspiness and less sweetness in the voice and maybe Ryan's is a bit deeper as well, but he's still good and sometimes it's hard to tell a difference so keep us updated on that.