Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Such a lovely segment. I love the old school vibe some of this year's bits have. "Rhymes with Mando," for example, is like a classic engaging Sesame song like "Very Simple Dance," and this is very much a classic Big Bird song.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Today's episode even if it was a repeat was worth watching. The WOTD bit was funny. The new Murray Has a Little Lamb tune-ins were very good. Big Bird's Cooperation song was very sweet. Since you guys probably missed it, I'll tell you when the episode airs again.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Such a lovely segment. I love the old school vibe some of this year's bits have. "Rhymes with Mando," for example, is like a classic engaging Sesame song like "Very Simple Dance," and this is very much a classic Big Bird song.

They do such great stuff outside of the parody and celebrity bits (not that those aren't good. A lot of them are) that I wish they'd focus a tad more on them. Or at least do more interesting celebrity things. The WOTD bits aren't always great; today's was mostly thanks to Grover. "I Need a Word" was a great segment too. So far, my favorite bits are the classic, Muppet ones ("Good Things Come to Those Who Wait," "Rhymes for Mando" especially). They're totally capable of doing those and they're proving it, they just don't do enough of them.

cahuenga

Reaction score
I dont know why they didnt upload nothing new to sesamestreet.org this week.....

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I didn't want to read this at first because I didn't want to see any spoilers, but now I know what I'm looking for. The BB cooperation song. (His first appearance this season) and the new "Murray Had a Little Lamb." Was WOTD new too? Well, I'll probably catch it tomorrow morning and see for myself. In response to cahuenga's post, that's nothing new. They didn't upload that new Super Grover 2.0 bit that they squeezed into a repeat episode last season. It seems like they're not putting stuff on the seasamestreet.org website as often as they should.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They do such great stuff outside of the parody and celebrity bits (not that those aren't good. A lot of them are) that I wish they'd focus a tad more on them. Or at least do more interesting celebrity things. The WOTD bits aren't always great; today's was mostly thanks to Grover. "I Need a Word" was a great segment too. So far, my favorite bits are the classic, Muppet ones ("Good Things Come to Those Who Wait," "Rhymes for Mando" especially). They're totally capable of doing those and they're proving it, they just don't do enough of them.
It's a shame that the parodies and celebrity bits are mostly focused on getting adults to watch the show with their kids. Original character bits are the one thing this format lacks. We get one every so often, but it rarely fits in with the recurring segments and celebrity parody bits. I'd love to see those Super Healthy Monsters segments they filmed in English and dubbed for Spain. They already exist, so it's not like they have to make anything up themselves. It would be awesome if they dubbed some of the German Ernie and Bert segments into English. They need a bigger presence on the show, being the first Muppets created for the show, after all.

As for the WOTD, I completely agree, but that's usually up to the celebrity. Wackier, funnier celebrities tend to work better with the Muppets. But we all have to admit, the newer segments are leaps and bounds of improvement over that shaky first year. Half the celebrities talked completely down to kids, half the rest didn't know what they were doing, and only Conan and Brian Williams really gave us something memorable. They're batting better ever since, but we don't need a celebrity. What we really need are shorter animated segments.

Here's the Robot segment.
Of course, the word robot actually means slave... Anyone else see The World's End?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
It would be awesome if they dubbed some of the German Ernie and Bert segments into English. They need a bigger presence on the show, being the first Muppets created for the show, after all.
Yeah. That would be great. Even if Steve and Eric aren't available (though Eric still performs Grover quite often. He could definitely play Bert from time to time as well) they could at least play earlier :frown: and :stick_out_tongue: sketches. It would be nice to hear Henson's Ernie again, or if that's not doable, there are plenty of sketches with them from the 90s and the early 2000s. Well, at least they get a street scene this season. That's always good.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Alright, well sorry I haven't keeping up with this thread as much I as I planned on, but now that I have a chance, here are my reviews on episodes 4403 and 4406. So, here we go!

Episode 4403: I'm not really crazy about Stinky, but it was a nice street story (kudos for throwing Susan in there, even if she didn't have a line!), the Word of the Day segment was OK, the zero insert with The Count and Oscar was spectacular (I could almost imagine Jerry voicing The Count in the segment!), "Cookie's Crumby Pictures" was great as well. Even though they're from last season, I of course enjoyed the coffee shop with Grover and Mr. Johnson, and the Detective episode of "Elmo: The Musical".

Episode 4406: Considering that the street story was a repeat, there's nothing I have to say about it, however, I did enjoy the Word of the Day segment because it of course featured not only Grover (one of my favorite characters on SS, and it's hard not to love his role in these segments), but also Kunal Nayyar (who plays Raj on another one of my all-time favorite TV shows: The Big Bang Theory). It was notable for several reasons: 9 hours later would be the Season 7 premier for TBBT (which I obviously did watch), there have been several episodes of the show where the characters get involved with building robots, and there was a time last season ("The Higgs Boson Observation") when Raj got something stuck in his eye, and he had to use a Grover puppet to tell the female nurse where it hurt. So, while the appearances by Jim Parsons (Season 41) and Johnny Galecki (Season 42) were entertaining, the recent appearance by Kunal Nayyar really sticks out the most. But, anyways, back to my input of Episode 4406. Since it was my first time seeing it, I will say that I enjoyed "Abby's Flying Fairy School"; it was by far the best segment of the series, considering that this was the side of Blögg that we never get to see. Last but not least, I of course loved Big Bird's "That's Cooperation" song! Just like everyone else has been saying, Sesame Workshop NEEDS to do more segments like these!

So ends my rant on these 2 episodes. I'll (hopefully) be back on Thursday!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The new Sesame Street episode for Thursday October 3 is...

Episode 4407 - Still Life with Cookie

Cookie Monster learns to stop himself from eating his paintings of cookies.

If you've seen "Still Life with Cookie", please like this post and let us know your thoughts on the new episode.