Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
oh thanks so much he he, i guess the girl who plays Gina , looked like the pirate lady to me he he sorry about that .
Actually it was this comedian named Tina Fey. Just letting you know who it was for sure.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I pretty much only really bothered with new skits today....

So, I'm just gonna talk about the street segment.

I loved it. Not only do we see Big Bird, but also Oscar. A story centered around him and Slimey. Now, I've said it before and I'll say it again. I love these Oscar/Slimey moments. It's really the only way Oscar ever shows his tender, loving side. Like a surrogate child, not just a pet.
Okay, I got the worm cup episode today. (Don't worry there are only about three or four more eps this season that I haven't seen so I might not be doing this too much more often. Lol.)

Anyway, I agree with Dr. Tooth. I like how caring Oscar is with Slimey. While he's grouchy with most people, caring for his pet shows his soft side. Also, this was a good Carroll Spinney episode as well considering both Big Bird and :grouchy: got quite a bit of airtime. Of course, in real life a bird would have looked at all those worms down there and thought of it as a big buffet. Oh, well I guess they didn't feel like they could get away with that on a kids show. For the most part, I really liked that ep.

Hello everyone, i'm new here and I have to say. Today's street story was awsome. It reminded me a lot of the Worm Olympics episode they aired about 15 years ago. They could have done a better job with the inserts though. Since the topic was "apology" they could have shown the Ernie and Bert skit where they were at the Beach and Tough Eddie knocks over Bert's sandcastle, then brings him an Ice Cream Cone. Sesame Workshop seems to be somewhat afraid these days to show anything old. But all in all, a really good episode.
I don't know. It seems like they play stuff that's even older than that. Ex: The original version of "Rubber Duckie;" Bert teaching Bernice how to play checkers. (I think that one probably came out in the 70s) I don't think it's so much that those sketches are 'old.' I think they're more afraid of the content of sketches like those. For example, they might feel a guy like tough Eddie might be a bit too scary for little kids. But I agree with what you're saying though. If they could have shown sketches like that in earlier years, why can't they do it now?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I try things and you learn for them. I believe this show knows that better then any. But I have always windward myself why Bid Bird doesn't swoop down and eat Slimey, myself? It's like Maria once told Cookie Monster. "You eat cookies... it's what you do!" I mean how much more true is that about birds eating worms? LOL! But I don't think they'd do that to poor slimey or Oscar either. Haha!:big_grin:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That's true, but someone mentioned that one time Big Bird did try to eat Slimey. He was trying other foods besides birdseed. I guess that was from the earlier years when they could get away with more than they can get away with now. I'd like to see a clip of that one though.

This sort of reminds me of ALF wanting to eat the Tanner's cat Lucky. Although, it was natural for an alien from his planet to eat cats, he never did. Just thought I'd use that comparison.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I was just thinking about Alf and his "tabby pot pie" line this moring for some reason! LOL!:smile:

But I really want to see that episode your talking about too!:smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I've never seen it. I've just heard of it. Thank goodness for You Tube. I'm hoping we'll see it there sometime soon.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Ballet

I saw the ballet ep of SS a few days ago. Very interesting, especially seing everyone in tu-tu's (no I'm not going to pass judgement on cross-dressing here A) I know it was just for fun and B) this is one of the child forums and I need to be careful with the mothers out there.) Haven't seen the word hypotenuse turn up yet, though, as soon as I see it I'll try to construct a lesson on the Pythagorean Theorem for preschoolers as I mentioned when I first heard about hypotenuse being used in SS.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
tricycle

So, the word on the street today was tricycle. Very interesting, I kind of liked Grover's magic 8 card trick too, even though eveyone knew the trick.
I also liked all the toast puns that were used by the AM at the fix-it shop while she was waiting for her toaster to be fixed. Oh well, guess I better be popping out of here for now. POP

abiraniriba

Reaction score

I have nothing to say about today's ep of SS, cause that's what it was about, nothing. The number of the day was 0. The letter of the day was I. Kermit came back and everybody disappeared.

That last sentece was two separate thoughts.

wiley207

Reaction score
I've noticed about the zero episode, that worm professor only just babbled in the "Slimey to the Moon" episodes from 1998, but here he speaks perfect English! Also, I found the Zero's voice a bit annoying. (No offense to those Joey Mazzarino fans. :halo: )