Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

Larxene

Reaction score
The air song surprised me! It was good to hear Jim's voice doing a Muppet again and of course I'm gonna love the Grover skit, he's my favorite Muppet ever so I get a big grin whenever he comes on screen. Could have done without Baby Bear though.. and I missed Abby entirely.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Really enjoyed this one... Good quasi-parodical plot.

The rundown...
Episode 4151:The Worm Cup.
Cold Opening: Word on the Street: Murray Monster asks about "pology".
Street Story.
Song: French song.
Celebrity: Word on the Street Explanation: "Apology".
Cavemen Claymation.
Letter of the Day: K, with Cookie Monster and Prairie Dawn.
Animation: K's getting kicky.
Animation: K for king, kiss, and key.
Muppets: Global Grover: France, French Market
Healthy Food Song: Broccoli.
Muppets: Chasing the Cheese.
Song: "Get On Up And Move Your Body".
The Count's Counting Organ: 19.
Animation: 19 pigs performing.
Animation: 19 glasses, chairs, and socks.
Muppets: Abby Cadaby makes friends with Maggy the Chicken, Vi the Violin/Violinist and Bo the Bow, and Horatio Elephant.
Film: Kids talk about their pets or friends.
Elmo's World: Games.
Bedtime Story Insert: The Adventures of Trash Gordon, Chapter 538: Planet Conga Line.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I pretty much only really bothered with new skits today....

So, I'm just gonna talk about the street segment.

I loved it. Not only do we see Big Bird, but also Oscar. A story centered around him and Slimey. Now, I've said it before and I'll say it again. I love these Oscar/Slimey moments. It's really the only way Oscar ever shows his tender, loving side. Like a surrogate child, not just a pet.

That said, it was also great to see Leslie do another character besides Abby. Her reporter that kept getting her heads and tails confused.

The story was excellent, and a brillaint way to teach good sportsmanship. I'm gonna guess that Slimey originally "Head Butted" Squirmendine in the script. We all know who that was.

I also just loved the French and American worm fans too. Very stereotypical of both.

The little bit in the middle with Abby, once again is cute. I will say, I love how they worked her into each episode without having her be solely in the story line.

And, that dumb Sit down get up was MUCH catchier in French... but then again,

Too bad this was the only Global Grover we've had all season, though...

wiley207

Reaction score
Leslie also performs Prairie Dawn's mom in "Sesame Beginnings."

BTW, is this so far the only Global Grover they've shown this season?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... Unfortunately so. Read back through the episode rundowns posted here or at Muppet Wiki and you'll find that to be so.
Hope this helps.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And, that dumb Sit down get up was MUCH catchier in French... but then again, so isn't this.
I meant to post this link before, unrelated but it helps to bring up my point. if it was removed, I can just PM it or put it somewhere else...

anyway, as I was saying, I find it very bizzarre that they would put in a French song, when the clips are usually either in English or Spanish.

And could someone help me and the Count out.... what was the name of the Brown French Goruch? His named was muffled by a thick french accent.

FatBlueMuppet

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i'm new here and I have to say. Today's street story was awsome. It reminded me a lot of the Worm Olympics episode they aired about 15 years ago. They could have done a better job with the inserts though. Since the topic was "apology" they could have shown the Ernie and Bert skit where they were at the Beach and Tough Eddie knocks over Bert's sandcastle, then brings him an Ice Cream Cone. Sesame Workshop seems to be somewhat afraid these days to show anything old. But all in all, a really good episode. :stick_out_tongue::frown:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Episode 4151: Storyline

I really enjoyed this one. I thought it might be a segment through out the whole episode other then just the storyline at the first but still enjoyed it. Loved it featured Slimey and a french grouch. I've always thought why not get the real french grouch from another Sesame Street production but oh well. I loved how Alan said "I wished i could be there." And Big Bird saying "You can. It's right over there near Oscar's trashcan." I thought with it being that i was just a few feet away i didn't like but when Big Bird said that it made me laugh with it being a joke kinda of.

Segments: Some of not so old stuff but some of the repeats from seveal seasons ago. They were ok.

Songs: Enjoyed the french version of the "Sit Down, Stand Up." Hardly new songs but still ok. Hope to see maybe a new Ernie and Bert skit soon. (Really hope so)

But i enjoyed it and thought it was ok. That's my two cents.

InvaderZim

Reaction score
Looks like we got to see a Bip Bippadotta clip this season-how old would the segment be?