Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Um... not that I know of... it just seems like when I started watching Sesame Street again on a regular basis back in 2001, every other season was a good season, while every other season was a bad one. Like, this is based on my opinion...
Right that's what people always said about the Star Trek films, that every other film was bad (while the others were good obviously). :smile:

abiraniriba

Reaction score
new ep today

I missed the cold opening but i managed to figure out that the word was Newspaper. I liked seeing Chris introduced as Gordon & Susan's nephew. Good to see Susan again too, haven't seen her in a while. Though maybe Loretta Long had retired or died or something. Elmo's world mouths was new and interesting. I like mouths they're great for kissing among other things.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, so glad I finally got to see Fred Newman seeing as my TV went out on me on that part the last time. There's just no turing that guy off... He's great!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... To those of you watching Episode 4137: Action Dog for the first time either today or tomorrow... Would like to ask something of you.
This episode contains the A's Anatomy parody. There are two AMs that Grover refers to as "lowly medical students". What I'd like to ask is, if anyone watching is familiar with the actual show Gray's Anatomy, which two characters would these AMs correspond to? In other words, which two characters from the real show are these two Muppets parodies of?

Hope to get some answers/replies... Thanks and have a good day.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
No ideA

I sAw todAy's ep of SS. I'm not A fAn of Grey's AnAtomy so I don't know the nAmes of the two med students thAt grover wAs putting down, frAnkly As A teAcher I wouldn't reccomend treAting your students like thAt no matter whAt it wAs you were trying to teAch them. In my educAtion clAsses we Are tAught About hAving high expectAtions for All our students. And thAt works At the college level too, whether one is going for his first bAchelor's or his fourth doctorAte.
Other thAn thAt I liked todAy's ep, the word on the street wAs dog a good word for kids. I'm still wAiting to see when the word hypotenuse thAt Another poster sAid AppeAred this seAson. I wondder if he mAde An error, becAuse A hypotenuse is A rAther complicAted geometry concept for preschoolers (mAybe he meAnt hypothesis).
I liked the 11th Street sketch And the ideA of the word dog Acting like A reAl dog.
As for the scrAm moon ending, it wAs nice to see A different kind of parody then the usuAl trAsh Gordon.
Well I better be going I have 11 million things to do today. Now there's a number I'd like to see the Count try to count up to in the show.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... It's not that "hypotenuse" was used as one of the Words of the Day, it's that the word itself was part of the spoken aside from Telly during the song parody "My Triangle" sung by James Blunt.
Hope this helps.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
I still want to see it

Okay so it was an aside, probably meant for the grownups who should be watching the show with their kids instead of just plopping them down in front of the TV as if it were an electronic babysitter. Still it could provoke some questions that might take a parent a little work to answer. For those of you who have forgotten your fifth grade geometry classes the hypotenuse is the side opposite the right angle in a right triangle, it's also the longest. So in order to explain a hypotenuse you have to first explain a right angle, the uppercase letter L is probably the best example for preschoolers, then you have to explain a right triangle, make the L into a triangle by joining the two endpoints, then you have to explain the fact that the side opposite the right angle means the side directly across from it, the line that you just drew. By this time the poor kid is totally bewildered, but he/she might have it. My next lesson will be the Pythagorean theorem.:zany:

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Lazy?

Saw one of the new eps today.
Missed CoLd opening but saw street scene with Lucy the Lazy Lizard, so I soon reaLized the word of the day was Lazy. Wrong word for me today We just finshed moving my desk this weekend and there's stiLL a Lot of work to be done so today is definiteLy not the day to be Lazy. WeLL maybe just LittLe bit I wiLL Lounge around for exactly 14 seconds.:big_grin:

muppet baby

Reaction score
I believe you mean 'Gina.' She adopted baby Marco from Guatemala last season. Anyway, I don't think she was the same actress who played the lady pirate. I know 'Allison Bartlett-O-Reily' plays Gina. The name of the actress who played the pirate escapes me.
oh thanks so much he he, i guess the girl who plays Gina , looked like the pirate lady to me he he sorry about that .

any way i am so glad to see Marco there he is such a pretty baby .

i hope that we will see him more often in the on the new episodes of sesame street .:smile: