Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyways, the new Big Bad Wolf puppet doesn't look that great in my opinion. I know they got rid of the old Herry Monster-like wolf in the late 1980s, probably because he was too scary for kids. The purple wolf debuted maybe in 1987 or 1988, and I can't believe they are now switching puppets AGAIN. The wolf's voice was sort of goofy again and didn't sound right. Who performed him in this one? I'm guessing it was either Joey Mazzarino or Marty Robinson. Jerry Nelson did the best job with the Big Bad Wolf (and his twin Jackman Wolf!)
Yeah, something just looks off about his appearance. I LOVE the purple wolf most of all, especially when Jerry played him. Joey's version was too "fractured Fairy Tales" for my taste (there is a character I'm refering to, but I forget at the moment who it is. I think Daws Butler played him). This new Grey wolf looks pretty flat as a character to me.

Oh, and I noticed another thing: at the beginning of each "Word on the Street" segment, they use the exact same clip of Maurice Monster every time! I bet it's to save money, like on "Inspector Gadget" when they'd show the same clip of Gadget reading the message in several episodes (mostly in the first season).
They clearly do reuse the opening, and it looks like they must have shot the entrie number of segments in one day (2 or 3 at most)...

Hey! And Bonus points for mentioning Inspector Gadget, man.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Nice seeing Gordon at the end. I know he's been on the show, but it's just nice to see him, Heh! QUOTE]

I don't know. Gordon's been in every ep for the past few years if you count when he does voice overs for the sponsors of the show. I'd be more excited about Bob or Susan or even Gabi. Where has she been hiding?

That part I missed, but I should have guessed Elmo was there somewhere. It's kind of disturbing that they can make eps without Big Bird, yet they try to get Elmo in every episode at some point. That's most likely why Elmo's World had been going on for so long.
Well, It was just kinda really interesting that he showed up only at the very end. But I'm never tired of seeing Gordon, But maybe that's just me. By the way, I meant to say Soy milk, heh.

Erine81981

Reaction score
My ideas is that if an episode focuses on other characters and rarely features Elmo or doesn't feature him at all, THEN show "Elmo's World." If Elmo's the center of attention then there might not be any need to show it.

Anyways, the new Big Bad Wolf puppet doesn't look that great in my opinion. I know they got rid of the old Herry Monster-like wolf in the late 1980s, probably because he was too scary for kids. The purple wolf debuted maybe in 1987 or 1988, and I can't believe they are now switching puppets AGAIN. The wolf's voice was sort of goofy again and didn't sound right. Who performed him in this one? I'm guessing it was either Joey Mazzarino or Marty Robinson. Jerry Nelson did the best job with the Big Bad Wolf (and his twin Jackman Wolf!)

Oh, and I noticed another thing: at the beginning of each "Word on the Street" segment, they use the exact same clip of Maurice Monster every time! I bet it's to save money, like on "Inspector Gadget" when they'd show the same clip of Gadget reading the message in several episodes (mostly in the first season).
Yea the new wolf character didn't really excite me all that much like the old Herry Wolf look alike. The Purple one did look pretty cool when it frist was on the show. Did anyone notice that his tail was attached to his back. Like it didn't look right. It creaped me out everytime i saw him. Oh and anonther thing. The Red Monster is named Murray Monster not Maurice. That's another SS monster back in the late 70's ealry 80's.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It is something isn't it? Maybe you guys are right, maybe Big Bird is slowly starting to fade into the background.:frown:

Also, thoughts on EW, does anyone one think that maybe Kevin is just tired of doing the EW skits? He does get paid alot of money (i'm sure) for it, but do you think he just wants to retire the segment? Just a crazy thought.:zany:
Well, it could just be that Kevin is busy with the additional responsibilites he has taken on. :smile:

Yeah, it's upsetting that characters like Big Bird are so easily put to the background.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I didn't really like yesterday's new episode... seemed kind of lack-luster to me.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sort of a "meh" episode today. Here's the rundown.

Episode 4146:Rosita, Telly, and Zoe Play Family.
Cold Opening: Word on the Street: Murray Monster asks about "family".
Street Story.
*Why do we need a song to repeat what was just said in the exposition?
Animation/Film with instrumental musical accompaniment.
Celebrity: Word on the Street Explanation: "Family".
Song: "We Are A Family".
Letter of the Day: N, with Prairie Dawn and Cookie Monster.
Animation: You've Got a Letter: N.
Film: The Adventures of Alpha Boy: N, Nibbling noodles with his neighbor Nora.
Animation: Song: "The Island Of Emotion".
Muppet-Kid Moment: Kayla sings the alphabet with Abby Cadaby.
Song: "I Believe In Little Things".
Muppets/Celebrities: Song: "Take A Turn".
Claymation.
The Count's Counting Organ: 12, with a tittilating tap-dancing 12.
Song: "Counting 12 Stars by 3's".
Film: Weird counting segment up to 12, some guy called Milo.
Muppets: The Twiddlebugs take their family picture.
Song: "Please Say Cheese".
Elmo's World: Families.
Bedtime Story: Gina the Veterinarian: Camel in the Desert.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Wow, another Gina the Vet story. I didn't see that part. This might become the new "Trash Gordon." Lol.

By the way, could you elaborate on who some of those celebs were? I was thinking the guy who described his family was Al Roker, but I'm not sure.

Also, who were they in the "Take a Turn" song? It looked like Garth Brooks with Gina, but I'm just guessing.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but not really. Unless I definitively know who the celebrity is, due to my batty eyes, I just write down "Celebrity" for those segments. You can check by searching for a particular individual episode over at Muppet Wiki. Thought it was Al Roeker myself, just as I think the one who talked about "prepared" was probably Payton Manning but I could be wrong. Also, the song "Take Your Turn" was most probably taken from the recent video release Kids Favorite Country Songs.

Hope this helps.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wow, another Gina the Vet story. I didn't see that part. This might become the new "Trash Gordon." Lol.
GAAAAHHH I hope not. They aren't as funny or as clever. They are cute, but they are just dull compaired to Gordon dressing up as a Hammy 1930's sereal style sci-fi hero. Even the "grouchy Bed Time story" segment was great.

By the way, could you elaborate on who some of those celebs were? I was thinking the guy who described his family was Al Roker, but I'm not sure.
It was Indeed Al Roker.

Also, who were they in the "Take a Turn" song? It looked like Garth Brooks with Gina, but I'm just guessing.
I dispise new Country music (I like classics, like Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson) so I am not 100 percent sure. So, I'm guessing it's Faith Hill and Tim McGraw. That seems about right.

All and all a dull episode. Funny street story, boring boring little filler segments. I loved how Telly wanted to pretned to be everything. And even though we have Abby, it's nice we still have the female leads that stuck, Rosita and Zoe.

Other than that, nothing new or interresting to bring up.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I liked todays episode! I liked the story line. I thought it felt so natural. And I really have to say that the longer Abby's on there, the more I like her, and I never didn't like her in the first place. I thhikn she just has a natural way of talking with children that reminds me of the way that SS used to be.