1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Special: The Cookie Thief
    Discuss "The Cookie Thief", an all-new one-hour Sesame Street special. "The Cookie Thief" also features the farewell performance of veteran Muppeteer Fran Brill.

Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Aug 13, 2007.

1. fleecenotfelt

fleecenotfelt Member

here's a random question, that i'm sure was already addressed, but i'll bring it up anyway:

what do you think of the latest reincarnation of the sesame street theme? do you like the new hip hop-ish sound and the collage-style animation?

i have to admit, the "jangle jangle" original version is my favorite, but i certainly prefer this new theme to the weird jazz theme w/ all the synth.
  2. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I don't mind the new theme.
  3. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

The new theme-song arrangement is more listenable than some versions they've used (*cough*calypso arrangement*cough*), even though it'll never hold a candle to the one old-schoolers grew up with. The collage arrangement is clever, given the literacy theme; it reminds me of those pop-up books for kids. Still, those transitions get in the way of enjoying clips on their own sometimes...I'd give the "look and feel" of Season 38 a 7, maybe 7.5 on a 1-10 scale.
  4. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

I enjoy the new theme, too, though it will obviously never stand up to the original. It definitely grew on me.

I also tolerate the calypso arrangement, since I grew up watching SS in the '90s.