Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oh yeah! I have to say that I really looooved todays episode!:smile:

somethingofafan

Reaction score
Actually... Elmo did appear, in the background along with other monsters in the song about the number 1.
Hope this helps.
I must have missed that segment; the only number one songs I saw were Miles' number with a chicken and a penguin and that old "Blowin' in the Wind" parody cartoon.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Nice seeing Gordon at the end. I know he's been on the show, but it's just nice to see him, Heh!
I don't know. Gordon's been in every ep for the past few years if you count when he does voice overs for the sponsors of the show. I'd be more excited about Bob or Susan or even Gabi. Where has she been hiding?

Elmo appeard in Survivor musical chairs. I love how when Praire wanted to make Telly eat the say milk and raisins he seemed disgusted by it despite Pririe telling him that he had to because it waws healthy for him. He just seemed so reluctant to do it, LOL!
That part I missed, but I should have guessed Elmo was there somewhere. It's kind of disturbing that they can make eps without Big Bird, yet they try to get Elmo in every episode at some point. That's most likely why Elmo's World had been going on for so long.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Enjoyed yet another SS episode. I could think when i saw they were going to use the storyline through out the episode i thought there wouldn't be an Elmo's World and there wasn't. I really did enjoy this one. Makes me think of the old days. I enjoyed Miles Song and the Goldilocks character being there too. I really liked her character back when Baby Bear had just moved to Sesame Street and all. There's a little video of that episode and it makes me crack up with Baby Bear and Goldilocks.

SSLFan

Reaction score
That part I missed, but I should have guessed Elmo was there somewhere. It's kind of disturbing that they can make eps without Big Bird, yet they try to get Elmo in every episode at some point. That's most likely why Elmo's World had been going on for so long.
It is something isn't it? Maybe you guys are right, maybe Big Bird is slowly starting to fade into the background.:frown:

Also, thoughts on EW, does anyone one think that maybe Kevin is just tired of doing the EW skits? He does get paid alot of money (i'm sure) for it, but do you think he just wants to retire the segment? Just a crazy thought.:zany:

travellingpat

Reaction score
That would be umm (wants to say cool with out being bombarded by the elmo lovers) unfortunate if they did retire it

mikebennidict

Reaction score

It is something isn't it? Maybe you guys are right, maybe Big Bird is slowly starting to fade into the background.:frown:

Also, thoughts on EW, does anyone one think that maybe Kevin is just tired of doing the EW skits? He does get paid alot of money (i'm sure) for it, but do you think he just wants to retire the segment? Just a crazy thought.:zany:

I don't think the Muppetteers have a choice on what SS segments get retired.

wiley207

Reaction score
My ideas is that if an episode focuses on other characters and rarely features Elmo or doesn't feature him at all, THEN show "Elmo's World." If Elmo's the center of attention then there might not be any need to show it.

Anyways, the new Big Bad Wolf puppet doesn't look that great in my opinion. I know they got rid of the old Herry Monster-like wolf in the late 1980s, probably because he was too scary for kids. The purple wolf debuted maybe in 1987 or 1988, and I can't believe they are now switching puppets AGAIN. The wolf's voice was sort of goofy again and didn't sound right. Who performed him in this one? I'm guessing it was either Joey Mazzarino or Marty Robinson. Jerry Nelson did the best job with the Big Bad Wolf (and his twin Jackman Wolf!)

Oh, and I noticed another thing: at the beginning of each "Word on the Street" segment, they use the exact same clip of Maurice Monster every time! I bet it's to save money, like on "Inspector Gadget" when they'd show the same clip of Gadget reading the message in several episodes (mostly in the first season).

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Enjoyed yet another SS episode. I could think when i saw they were going to use the storyline through out the episode i thought there wouldn't be an Elmo's World and there wasn't. I really did enjoy this one. Makes me think of the old days. I enjoyed Miles Song and the Goldilocks character being there too. I really liked her character back when Baby Bear had just moved to Sesame Street and all. There's a little video of that episode and it makes me crack up with Baby Bear and Goldilocks.
Yeah. I saw that on 'You Tube' recently. I'm glad Goldilocks still appears every once in a while.

It is something isn't it? Maybe you guys are right, maybe Big Bird is slowly starting to fade into the background.
The sad part about that is that kids who started watching the show this season wouldn't know who Big Bird was, but they'd know Elmo and Abby. That's something the writers should take into consideration.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
1 new ep

That's 1, 1 new episode I've seen of SS this season, Ha Ha Ha! Sorry Count, but since the Muppet Count was absent from today's ep here in NYC on 13 I had to put that in. Anyway, today's word was prepared, and I saw it while my daughter Megan was getting prepared for her second day of kindergarten. I was preparing breakfast for myself and my son (Dana had already prepared Megan's). Now I have to go prepare the laundry. See you later.

Just thought I'd underline the letter of the day there.