1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 37

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Dil Guest

How about in Season 38, they would make "Journey to Elmo" with Elmo replacing Ernie, And the journey takes place in a neighbordhood, with the same animations from the channels of Elmo's World?
  2. travellingpat Active Member

Dude they are probably not gonna get rid of elmos world anyime soon, but good ideas
  3. Barry Lee Active Member

Geez, did you even read what Fozzie had to say? :rolleyes: Its a kids show, not a muppet fans show.
  4. Dil Guest

Yeah this IS a kids show, but that 38th Season Episode which I want it to feature "Journey to Elmo" WILL have Elmo's World, too.
  5. mbmfrog Active Member

Please make the show lovable for the rest of the SS cast... :(

Leave the little red monster out of the loop for a while and try to promote the new kid, the fairy in training, just take a look at several ideas I have to make the show popular again thanks to Abby Cadabby!!

6. abiraniriba New Member

Good Ideas

good ideas I especially like Big Bird's history lesson idea
  7. Dil Guest

Journey to Ernie will NOT be featured on Season 38. ALL of the Journey to Ernie sketches would've been cut on Season 35 during Season 37.

What's Sesame Street without Elmo's World? I dunno!

Season 38 should at least feature the calyspo version of SS (this time, it will be used over and over from 2007 to present), and (at last) a replacement for "Sesame Street is a production of the Children Television Workshop", "Sesame Street is a production of Sesame Workshop".
  8. SillyRed Member

9. Dil Guest

You know, just some CUTE not that groovy newest 2 versions of the Sesame Street Theme Opening isn't my kind of thing, I prefer the calypso version, which I wish would return, and I... I am one... hip bear. (snaps his finger twice)
  10. travellingpat Active Member

Yeah but Dil, do you know how much joy Elmo has brought to so many kids in the world...many kids and adults enjoy Elmo....just please dont complain so much, the original sesame street is gone and were all going to just to accept it and get used to the new show....
  11. Erine81981 Active Member

Agree with Pat. I've gotten over what Sesame Street has done. I would like to see more of the street scene through out the show but it won't happen anytime soon or even at all but really I'm fine with how it is. I love all the new songs and everything else.
  12. mikebennidict New Member

Saw the dinosaur episode.

Funny how Slimey was siding all over him.

Maybe they should of made it were the dinosaur bended down and Slimey slid right into his mouth, and eats him.

Oscar screams YOU ATE MY WORM!!
  13. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

i may not like everything about the today ss but the kids do and really that whats matter.
  14. Convincing John Well-Known Member

Same here, Fozzie. I know that the folks working on SS today are doing their best and making it work. But...the Sesame Street I know and love is found on the Old School DVDs...and locked away somewhere in the Sesame Workshop archives. The kids today like Elmo, et al. and that's OK, but Sesame Street to me is the stuff from the 70's and early 80's. Roosevelt Franklin, Mr. Hooper, and bakers tumbling down flights of stairs.

Gotta love that old classic "," too.

Convincing John
  15. heralde Well-Known Member

Well I don't want to make a big fuss over this, but we don't all have to like Elmo's World, or think it's great for kids. But yes, the important thing is that we respect each other's different opinions (and if we can't do that, we just ignore it and move on). :)
  16. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Off Topic, but to let the posters of this thread know:

52. That's the number of the day.

It's not an educational message (yet), but it's exactly how many argumentative posts I just had to remove from this thread to make it readable.

I'm not pointing fingers and I do not expect that anybody else will be making any points about this current post of mine. I expect the conversation will go in a good direction from here on out. I'm so disappointed with everone, though.

But, don't you think it's kind of unreasonable to ARGUE about Sesame Street? Even when someone is constantly carrying on, when you argue with him/her it only makes it worse: USE THE IGNORE OPTION!! Gosh, it's not that hard to have peace on a message board, gang.

Did you all forget one of the main reasons of this show? What about the lessons Jim Henson was trying to teach us with his legacy of work?

I quote from a PM I sent out recently:

They way everyone argues around here...? Well, you're doing a great job of ruining that man's dream. Good work.

----------
    ON Topic:

My local station has changed the time Sesame Street airs to 9am, and I don't get to see it anymore. It was my main source of morning happiness!
  17. travellingpat Active Member

Sorry about all the fighting ive gotten involved with...ive taken fozzies words to heart and i hope we all never disagree and fight here that much again

this is a great place to hang out and i hope we can keep it that way
  18. The Count Moderator

Yeah... I know what you mean Foz. For the longest time, my two PBS affiliates, the national one on local Channel 3 and local one on local Channel 6, aired SS on weekdays and weekends at 8 AM and 3 PM. At least, that's how I remember it from before starting my undergrad college years. And when I started watching again, around Season 34 or 35 I think, the airing on Channel 3 was at 8 AM and the airing on Channel 6 was at 9 AM. So if I missed something on one channel, for the listings or just the pleasure/excitedment of watching the episode itself, I could wait till the next hur and catch it on the second channel. But now they've syncked (SP?) both stations to air Sesame at 9 AM. Gotten used to it, good thing I have a schedule that lets me watc the shows. Hope this helps somewhat, have a great holiday weekend buddy.
  19. anytimepally Active Member

I just wanted to say how much I like the "Alphabet Town" song
  20. abiraniriba New Member

finally saw Gina goes to Guatemala from beginning

I saw the ep where Gina goes to pick up Marco from the beginning this morning. Loved that roof scene with Hoots