Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 35

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
My thoughts on 4071.

Pros.
1 The Superhero School story segment was OK, at least Super Grover was back in focus at the head of the story.
Rully liked his graduation speech after one class, with all the elements of high school life he added.
2 Spanish Word of the Day was new with María explaining "Hola" to Grover.
3 Film Song "Reach with Your Hands Up High".
4 JTE: Chilly Icy and Snowy Village was new.
5 There was a bit of an homage to the sketch with Biff at the art museum. You guys remember that sketch where Biff places the little cards with numbers at the bottom of paintings of matching numbers of paint splotches? And then the painter says that the one that should be number 5 is named Chicken Soup?
Well, in today's JTE segment there was some sort of artist who had a similar gag, going from Number 1 to Number 2 to what should be Number 3 but was named Penguin Descending Staircase.
6 Trash Gordon was OK.

Cons.
1 Letter of the Day H was repeated.
2 Number of the Day 13 was repeated.
3 The Firefighters from Elmo's World were extra-annoying since they just repeated what Firefighter Richard said with an "Oh yeah" before what they said.
"Oh yeah, thanks for the echo."
Have a good day.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
So that was u. I remember someone writing about there being an Magic Ukelele. I saw it just didn't know when it was airing it but thanks for telling me about it. Thanks.
No, I don't think that was me. I wasn't referring to the magic ukelele in my post. I just commented on the early days of the show when nobody believed Big Bird when he told them that Snuffy existed. Sorry about the confusion.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really liked the opeining segment (3 segments with Grover in one day! YAHOO). But here's something I'm not surprised people didn't pick up on. The super Hero chicken clucked a cavalry charge. Why is this important you ask?

Because, a superhero chicken that clucks a cavalry charge is a refference to.,..

SUPER CHICKEN from George of the Jungle

That alone made the entire segment just waaaay enjoyable. :excited:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Ares didn't do the Biff sence. It was Ernie w/ Rubber Duckie and Christfor Reed doing the Alaphabet. So I don't know. Just wanted to tell u.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh... and what was today's SS memory? I didn't catch it in time...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
A few things as usual...
1 Missed out on the Super Chicken reference. Was tuning in and out with the repetetiveness factor of "Are we superheroes yet?"
2 Today's celebrity moment was the one with Bill Cosby, but I know that due to his voice and the fact this one aired during the appearance on Debrah Norville Tonight.
3 Yes, I know that the segment after JTE was with Christopher Reeves saying the alphabet. What I mentioned in my pros of this episode was what happened during the JTE segment itself. Big Bird starts out looking for the number 3 and meets an artist of some kind. Can't specify due to my blind batty eyes. The painter tells Big Bird that the first work is named Number 1, the next is Number 2, and the last which should've been Number 3 was named Penguin Descending Staircase. This, is what I say was a tribute to the old sketch with Biff at the art museum. That was an old sketch where a painter had paintings of splotches and Biff matched up the card with a number to the painting. The card with the number 1 went to the painting with one splotch, and so on up to number 4. The thing is that Biff was going to randomly place the numbered cards under the paintings as their names, but the painter straightened him out by saying the picture with one splotch was named Number 1; the painting with two splotches, Number 2; the painting with three splotches, Number 3; and the painting with four splotches, Number 4. So Biff then figured out by making the association between the number of splotches and the number on the cards. But when he went to guess Number 5, the painter said it was named Chicken Soup.
Surprised Drtooth didn't pick up on this homage.

Erine81981

Reaction score
The Count said:
A few things as usual...
1 Missed out on the Super Chicken reference. Was tuning in and out with the repetetiveness factor of "Are we superheroes yet?"
2 Today's celebrity moment was the one with Bill Cosby, but I know that due to his voice and the fact this one aired during the appearance on Debrah Norville Tonight.
3 Yes, I know that the segment after JTE was with Christopher Reeves saying the alphabet. What I mentioned in my pros of this episode was what happened during the JTE segment itself. Big Bird starts out looking for the number 3 and meets an artist of some kind. Can't specify due to my blind batty eyes. The painter tells Big Bird that the first work is named Number 1, the next is Number 2, and the last which should've been Number 3 was named Penguin Descending Staircase. This, is what I say was a tribute to the old sketch with Biff at the art museum. That was an old sketch where a painter had paintings of splotches and Biff matched up the card with a number to the painting. The card with the number 1 went to the painting with one splotch, and so on up to number 4. The thing is that Biff was going to randomly place the numbered cards under the paintings as their names, but the painter straightened him out by saying the picture with one splotch was named Number 1; the painting with two splotches, Number 2; the painting with three splotches, Number 3; and the painting with four splotches, Number 4. So Biff then figured out by making the association between the number of splotches and the number on the cards. But when he went to guess Number 5, the painter said it was named Chicken Soup.
Surprised Drtooth didn't pick up on this homage.

Ok I understand now. Thanks for clearing that up Count. I have one of my old SSU where that clip is in there. Well when I watched it I thought that Walrus sounds just like that paniter that the Count was talking about. sorry for the missed understanding.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Count said:
Missed out on the Super Chicken reference. Was tuning in and out with the repetetiveness factor of "Are we superheroes yet?"
Well... it did appear for a split second. If you weren't paying too much attention, you've missed it. And I really think the Cavalry cluck was an improvised thing.

>>The game show host should have been Guy Smiley.<<
>>The news reporter for the street story of this episode should have been Kermit the Frog.<<

Though I do agree, both at the moment are impossiblities, as

A) Guy Smiley hasn't been recast, adn I do not think he will (he was for a computer game, but that was more like a voice over, than a puppeteer)

B) With all the red tape because of Henson, a Kermit appearance would cost mucho dinero. And with the Disney deal, it's very unlikely next season as well... Brian Henson's one heck of a puppeteer, but I wouldn't let him run a mom and pop shop!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't posted here in a while. Good points from 4073 were two songs shown again for the first time in a long while.
First up, after the segment with Dr. Feel, we got the animated song "Felines" a parody of the song "Feelings".
And after JTE, we got Aaron Neville and Ernie singing "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon."
As for 4074, only watched the first half.
I liked the story on the street with Vinnie the delivery man from the Letter of the Month Club. Was a little disappointed that they didn't show the other functional features of the letters I-Z.
But it was a good bit.
The part where he's treating Alan like a consumer on hold with a company's phone service was very funny to me.
Wanted to ask you guys what happened during the animated segment "The Alphabet Circus" that took place afterwards since I think it was mostly visual.
I'll post again tomorrow and hope you have a good day out there in Muppet World after the doom and gloom of the Disney purchase.