1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 35

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Splurge

Splurge Member

What is the episode # of the show where the celebrity guests' favorite moment was Bob singing "People in Your Neighborhood?" I heard somewhere that it was from a Season 1 clip.
  2. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

I think it's #4066! ;) :)
  3. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

Ssetta,When They recorded Chris's Voice,Did they just make another copy of it?(Not The First Copy But Another Copy they made?)You know with Cartoon Letters??? :concern: :eek: :p :(
  4. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

I think they made another copy, and they cut out Chris's voice.
  5. Well, yes, WGBH did air episode 4070(part 2 of the Snuffy's Invisible Series)! I saw it today at 6:00 AM. It's a good thing Snuffy became visible again! Did anybody see what happened to Bob when he found the magic ukulele?
  6. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Well, didn't Bob suffer from the same magical powers of the uke when he played it? By that I mean, didn't he turn invisibled and visible once again?
    Hope this helps and have a good day.
  7. GeeBee

GeeBee New Member

Not much happened actually. I stumbled upon part of this episode while flipping channels and I thought that they really threw away the chance for good humor on this one. Bob just picks up the magic ukulele, plays it, disappears and reappears, without even realizing what took place. A big missed opportunity for a funny ending scenario and reactions from Bob.
  8. About the episode with the Sesame Street Squares game, the game show host had a voice similar to that of Simon in the Dragon Tales episode, "Do Not Pass Gnome."
  9. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

(1)Why did they cut off chris's voice?
    (2)In #4069 or #4070,One of the episodes should of had Kermit's Newsflash:The Invisible Man.Which Episode # do you think it would belong to?(#4069 or #4070?) :) -----> :confused:
  10. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

There were a few good things in episodes 4077 and 4078.
    1 The best Global Grover segment of all, at least for me, was the one in 4077. Of course, it was the Global Grover segment where he showed us hos to make one of Puerto Rico's own musical instruments: the guiro.
    2 Was surprised to see one of the old Consonant Sound Limericks in 4078, the one for V: Violin.
    3 There's a reference in Elmo's World: Sleep to a show I used to watch. At the end of the TV portion of Elmo's World, the announcer says "Stay tuned for Supermarket Sleep and the 6 O'Clock Snooze."
    Well, the first one's a pun of a game show called Supermarket Sweep that used to be aired on the Lifetime Network. Man, I miss those game shows.
    Hope this helps and have a good day.
  11. Once again, I've paired up the season 35 episodes with titles of Sweet Pickles books. Here is the list:
    Who Stole Alligator's Shoe-Elmo and Zoe learn a dance from Rocco
    Scaredy Bear-The debate over who has the best pet in the world
    Fixed By Camel-"The Street We Live On" special
    No Kicks for Dog-Natalie Portman fills in for a vacationing Alan
    Elephant Eats the Profits-Cinderella's fairy godmother turns her into a chicken
    Fish and Flips-Elmo has to keep changing the name of his Little Red Furry Monster parade
    Goose Goofs Off-Baby Bear is surprised that Curly can growl louder than he can
    Hippo Jogs For Health-Super Grover starts a superhero school
    Me Too Iguana-Elmo and Zoe play Sesame Street Squares
    Jackal Wants Everything-Baby Bear rewrites the story to Goldilocks and the Four Bears
    Who Can Trust You, Kangaroo-A singing group is formed by Elmo, Zoe, and Rosita, but people keep leaving
    Lion Is Down in the Dumps-Telly falls off his pogo stick but is afraid to get back on
    Moody Moose Buttons-The magic ukulele leaves Snuffy invisible
    Nuts to Nightingale-Baby Bear is surprised to find out Curly hates porridge
    Octopus Protests-Big Bird and Snuffy have to wait longer than expected for the magic ukulele to get fixed
    Pig Thinks Pink-Gabi gets sidetracked on her way to Hooper's Store
    Quail Can't Decide-Baby Bear teaches Curly to draw while Oscar and Grungetta wait for something grouchy to happen
    Rest, Rabbit, Rest-Telly joins the Letter-of-the-Month Club and Alan gets in a pickle
    Stork Spills The Beans-Gabi writes a story with Cookie Monster so he can get his mind off cookies
    Turtle Throws a Tantrum-Elmo has a great chicken dream and wants to have it again
    Happy Birthday Unicorn-Elmo has a playdate with Gabi, Zoe and Rocco also play
    Kiss Me, I'm Vulture-Baby Bear can't get Curly to nap
    Very Worried Walrus-Miles and his band can't find a place to practice
    Xerus Won't Allow It-Elmo's fairy godperson turns him into a bird
    Yakety Yak Yak Yak-Rosita is embarrassed by her accent
    Zip Goes Zebra-The Big Bad Wolf huffs and puffs when he loses at games
    Again, the pairing of episodes with Sweet Pickles books is based on what letter the episode is sponsored by.
  12. I liked that this episode had the song, "You're Important to Me."
  13. It's too bad the Alligator King wasn't used as a number 7 segment in any of the Season 35 episodes.
  14. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

I actually like that song. Somehow, I think the title is either "Walk Down Emmanuel Road" or "Fe Go Break Rock Stone." I think it's supposed to sound like a very old Jamaican Folk Song. It may very well not be originally from Sesame Street. But it is very nice. It is like one of the very few new Sesame Street songs I actually like. :)
  15. Though I do agree, both at the moment are impossiblities, as

A) Guy Smiley hasn't been recast, adn I do not think he will (he was for a computer game, but that was more like a voice over, than a puppeteer)

B) With all the red tape because of Henson, a Kermit appearance would cost mucho dinero. And with the Disney deal, it's very unlikely next season as well... Brian Henson's one heck of a puppeteer, but I wouldn't let him run a mom and pop shop![/QUOTE]

WHOOPS Dr Tooth! Actually:
    A)Guy Smiley was played by Steve Whitmire in the street story of a Season 32(2001)episode of Sesame Street when Maria has a lot of emergency toaster repairs
    B)I think with the Disney deal, Disney acquired the rights to Kermit. So why would a Kermit appearance be expensive?
  16. Wait a minute! Disney acquired the rights to the Muppets, but not to the Sesame Workshop characters. So what is it-that Sesame Workshop no longer owns the rights to Kermit the Frog?
  17. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

...right. From what I understand, Sesame Street can still broadcast existing Kermit clips, but would have to pay $$$ to get new ones. New ones are still a possibility, but a scant one.

Kermit has had appearances on recent SS DVDs, so they can still use those.

:)
  18. GeeBee

GeeBee New Member

Yeah, I don't think Kermit was counted as one of the Sesame Muppets to be excluded from Disney's purchase.
  19. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

I've been watching SS for the past couple weeks,and have noticed a slight change already.I've noticed a few Raposo songs have been refreshed with new animation(There's a Bird on Me,done to animation,song is faster,animals look like orgami).I've noticed SS is trying to have more skits and sketches as time is alloted.Glad to see slow changes,for the better. :smirk:
  20. In the episode where Zoe, Elmo, Telly, and Baby Bear debate over who has the best pet(or as I call it, Scaredy Bear), it's too bad the Penny Candy Man wasn't used as a number 8 segment in this episode.