Your Thoughts: Kermit's Ford Super Bowl Commercial

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I saw it on the computer, and I thought it was absolutely wonderful!! I loved hearing Steve sing "It's Not That Easy Bein' Green" It was really nice. Although yes, it kinda is 'Jim's' song, but isn't it also Kermits song too? Either way, I loved it.

Robin

Reaction score
I thought it was just ok... I wish I would see the Muppets in more than just commercials these days...

It's sort of sad to see Kermit as a car salesman... but... then again it's nice to see the Muppets at all...

swinetrekkie

Reaction score
I'm on the Zogby poll list and they had a best Super Bowl commercial poll - obviously, I voted for Kermit.

THe streaking sheep was cute, too. I couldn't help but imagine Gonzo streaking with it.

:big_grin:

Magellan

Reaction score
Robin said:
I thought it was just ok... I wish I would see the Muppets in more than just commercials these days...

It's sort of sad to see Kermit as a car salesman... but... then again it's nice to see the Muppets at all...
my thoughts exactly, at first i was bummed Kermit was selling a car but then i guess i finally accepted that it was at least good to let people know that the muppets are indeed not dead

SesameStoner

Reaction score
it was pretty good the muppetering was great...btw i thought this years super bowl commercials over all werent that good

SJohnson

Reaction score
It's not easy being green

I though the add was great. I like seeing Kermit do impossible things. I just wish they would use a new picture of him instead of that over used shot of him with his hand to his mouth.

pepestarr

Reaction score
I really liked the advert. I thought Kermit was great in it and I found it quite cute

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Concerning both commercials...

Reading all the post SuperBowl press releases I have concerning the SuperBowl commercials, four seem to have gotten the most press in the media:

Ford with Kermit
Pizza Hut/Jessica Simpson/Piggy
Budweiser
FedEx- Caveman
MacGyver

Before the SuperBowl, the PizzaHut commercial received a great deal of press before it even aired. More pre-game press than any other commercial that aired.

So much media was generated before and after the game concerning the commercials on the most televised game in the world. Surely you would hope that Disney executives have taken notice that two of their property (Piggy and Kermit) generated so much media buzz during the SuperBowl that you would hope that Disney has to develop a show with them now.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I can't seem to find the Pizza Hut Piggy-jessica one.

However, the Kermit Ford one...*jaw hanging open*