Your Thoughts: Kermit's Ford Super Bowl Commercial

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The new commercial with Kermit advertising Ford's Escape Hybrid will premiere during the second quarter of the Super Bowl. After you see the commercial post here and let us know what you think.

Here is some more info on the ad...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2006/013106.shtml

Also, bonus points go to anyone who post links to quality images from the commercial.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i liked it. they changed the words to being green though and they used some cool CG. I always dint like Steve sinnging being green or Rainbow conection. but this one was good. i liked it i really thought it was cute.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
JUST SAW IT! And WOW Kermit does a lot- they show him rock climbing, kayaking, um, some other stuff that I'm blanking on because at the end you can see his whole body, they've got him standing there nodding and it's AWESOME!

See the whole commercial is Kermit going through a bunch of nature stuff with "Bein' Green" playing in the background. Then at the end, he sees the car, seems to like it, sees that it's hybrid, says, "Hm... I guess it IS easy bein' green!" And then it's the funny little, you know, announcer voice over saying what kind of car it is- I didn't really pay attention to that... and then it's full body Kermit! And it makes me HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Changed the words? They sounded right to me... <shrug>

dwayne1115

Reaction score
yes he says its not that easy being green i always thought it was its not easy being green. all in all i liked it.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Gah, because I'm a canuck, I don't get to see the commercials. :/

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Aw, <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<hugs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MrsPepper! I've heard they'll be on a website after the game, somewhere...

And the words, well that depends... See I've heard it with "It's not that easy bein' green" AND with "It's not easy bein' green." I think it's different with different recordings... actually, there's other differences in the words in various recordings, but I won't get into that here...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yup, Toga is right. It depends on which version... I have one from an old-school Sesame tape and it's different from the TMS version.

And thanks for the hugs!! It's sort of annoying, because the superbowl is on right now. However, it's on a canadian channel, Global. Even if I watched it on the ABC channel, I'd get the canadian commercials. I'm not sure why, it just works that way. **pouts**

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
I saw the commercial and my honest opinion... I cringed at Steve Whitmire singing "It's not Easy being Green'. My ears and soul felt offended. Ugh!
The visuals of the commercial were very nice though and the puppeteering was first class.
But I hope Steve never sings Jim's signature song again.

Okay now that I've said that. Most if not all the commercials will be available to download at:
http://www.ifilm.com/superbowl?htv=12 (This site is running slow right now.)

http://video.yahoo.com/

and supposedly:
http://advertisementave.com/superbowl.asp

Favorite commercials so far tonight:
FedEx: Caveman &
BudLight: Save Yourself

My favorite banned commercial from last year's superbowl is listed on the ifilm website, it's godaddy.com

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Mrs Pepper, don't feel too bad. I'm in that same boat with you. Didn't get to watch any of the usually great/comical/so-so Super Bowl commercials, cause ABC's sporting events are carried by a new local affiliate here in PR.
Local Spanish commercials, the odd movie trailer... But I didn't get to at least hear the commercial.
Oh well, at least I got the Pizza-Hut one before the game.