Your Thoughts: Ed Sullivan Muppets Magic DVD

Michael_D33

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Nope. Nowhere! I'm thinking of giving up the search and just ordering it online.
That's what I've done. Ordered it from Best Buy.com where it said it would ship in about 5 days and then they said it was back-ordered and would take longer. ??? Why is this back-ordered?

This is a great DVD that is sooo hard to find!! :frown:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Muppets Magic is very hard to find!

Pretty no store anywhere around where I live has had this video.
I finally found a copy of it today at Suncoast, after they told me on the phone that they didn't have this video at all. To be fair, maybe they just now got it in. Amazon did seem to have some issues with the release date, seeing as how it kept changing around. Anyway, thankfully, I was able to special order a VHS version for a $5 deposit. So now I'm waiting for the video to come in.
The only copy Suncoast had was on DVD and I needed the VHS video so,...
Anyway, for those still looking for it, I think your best option is to check there or just order it from Amazon.com

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I ordered my Sullivan and Storyteller DVDs from Amazon last Tuesday and got them Friday morning. I'd recommend going through them. No problem.

uncleduke

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
I ordered my Sullivan and Storyteller DVDs from Amazon last Tuesday and got them Friday morning. I'd recommend going through them. No problem.
I ordered it from Best Buy - they kept on moving it back (and charging my credit card every time they did so) after being charged for it 3 times, and no shipment date in site, I went to www.overstock.com
http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=507559

Only 8.99, and a buck-forty shipping, and got it in about 4 days, with no hassles at all.
They even take Paypal!

Frodis

Reaction score
Hey all,

I found the DVD on Sept 16th at Suncoast Motion Picture Co. in a mall outside of Chicago, IL. They had at least two copies. The downside to finally finding it in a store was the "mall price" of $14.99. I gladly bought it though. Very cool dvd! Don't miss it!

Frodis

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
My Little Project

If there's anyone out there who can't bear to look at the crude cover art for the Sullivan DVD, I mocked up my own. There's a low res thumbnail version and a hi-res printable one. If you have an old computer or a slow connection you might not be able to access the printable version. It's pretty darn big. Anyway, just wanted to share.

All of the imagery came from seperate screen shots that were sharpened and enlarged. There is a painterly effect to these, but I pushed screen grabs as far as they could go. I also felt this composition would seem more friendly and familiar to people. I'd like to see people come up with their own. There was an interesting contest over at TP last month. It would be cool to see what fans come up with.

I have provided crop marks and a bleed on the printable version.

low res http://jamesvier.com/etc/sull_dvd_mini.jpg
prinatble http://jamesvier.com/etc/sull_dvd_medium.jpg
:smile:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Wow! What an improvment! When I finally get it, I'd deffinitely print that one out to use!

G-MAN

Reaction score
Frodis said:
Hey all,

I found the DVD on Sept 16th at Suncoast Motion Picture Co. in a mall outside of Chicago, IL. They had at least two copies. The downside to finally finding it in a store was the "mall price" of $14.99. I gladly bought it though. Very cool dvd! Don't miss it!

Frodis
I cant figure out the lyrics to "Rock It To Me", if you can, please e-mail me at muppetman8@aol.com

Lu775

Reaction score
Jamie,
Your cover kicks their covers @ss! (What were they thinking?)

frogboy4 said:
If there's anyone out there who can't bear to look at the crude cover art for the Sullivan DVD, I mocked up my own. There's a low res thumbnail version and a hi-res printable one. If you have an old computer or a slow connection you might not be able to access the printable version. It's pretty darn big. Anyway, just wanted to share.

low res http://jamesvier.com/etc/sull_dvd_mini.jpg
prinatble http://jamesvier.com/etc/sull_dvd_medium.jpg
:smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I had to repaint over the photographs some and that takes moderate drawing skills. Many graphic designers don't have such traditional skills (believe it or not). Although their guy seems to be color blind too. LOL! At least the content is good! :smile: