Your ideas: 4 free 03 Palisades spots?

beaker

Reaction score
let the anticipation begin...

Well, I was at Toys R US yesterday...and I overheard a worker talking to someone in the store in the action figure aile...the worker said 'Yeah, The Simpsons line just isnt moving at all anymore'...and I jumped in and said 'aw, you know what everyone is saying is gonna be the next Simpsons line? Palisade's Muppet show line'...and I swear both the worker and the guy lit up...'Oh yeah! I think Wizard is offering a tuxedo tux Kermit'..'Have you seen the paint detail on those?' A bit of an unscientific poll, but I think its safe to say(Especially from seeing those great finished blister packed pix) the Muppet show figures are gonna be the hottest thing around this summer and beyond.
I think avergae collectors and enthusists who might not even know about the line, will be plesantly surprised when they go into their local kb, eb, hot topic, toys r us, comic shop, etc in a few weeks!

///beaker///

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
If I were the King of Palisades, here is how I would break series 5-8 down:

SERIES 5: (I know this one is already 90% established)
Gonzo in purple suit (w/ Camilla)
Beauregard
Statler
Newsman
PLAYSET: Koozebane w/ Trenchcoat Kermit

SERIES 6:
Nurse Piggy
Nurse Janice
Waldorf
Uncle Deadly
PLAYSET: Vets Lab w/ Dr. Bob

SERIES 7:
Blown up Beaker
Rizzo
Pops
Officer Link
PLAYSET: Bear-On-Patrol Station w/ Patrol Fozzie

SERIES 8:
Alternate Sam the Eagle (Uncle Sam?)
Pepe (***if NO Pepe, insert Alternate Scooter here***)
Mahna-Mahna (w/ Snowths)
Marvin Suggs
PLAYSET: Dressing Room w/ Alternate Miss Piggy

I have a LOT of ideas actually, but maybe I should save my series 9-12 for another time!!

Travis

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Let's hear 'em Travis...I am intrigued. Although I would, if I were to crit your choices, not pick the Miss Piggy playset where you put it. Why? I would go with something more choice, like a Backstage Set, since it would be around Christmas when it comes out (I know you didn't know that) and also because of a Piggy I am thinking about for '03 that I REALLY want to do.

But all in all...good line plan. You could make a career out of this...

Ken

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Travis

Yes Travis, that is a good line! I would only change the scooter alternet to Lips, that way we can get him in there, and then with the back stage set with robin and sweetums.

Zack)Rowlf the,dog

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Zack-

I put the Scooter alternate at the end there for a reason. I wanted to stick with the "2 big guns, 1 secondary, and one fan favorite" format for each series.

5 6 7 8
BIG GUN 1 Gonzo Piggy Beaker Sam
BIG GUN 2 Statler Waldorf Rizzo Scooter
SECONDARY Beau Janice Link Marvin Suggs
FAN FAVE Newsman Deadly Pops Mahna-Mahna

I don't work in the industry, but from what I have gathered, you have to have the "big guns" there to anchor the line. In a similar fashion, you have to have a popular, recognizeable character enclosed with the playset... or else they will sit on the shelf. With my plan for 5-8 (although, as I said, 5 was not really MY idea) the playsets would come with Kermit, Rowlf (Dr. Bob), Fozzie, and Piggy -- ALL BIG GUNS.

My original plan included Pops with a stage door playset, but I realized that Pops would probably not move too many playsets. While all of the Muppet fans would buy it, the general public probably would not.

Ken-

Thanks!! Give me a little more time to formulate what I would like to do with 9-12 and I will post it.

As for your suggestion about the backstage playset... I thought about that. Honestly I did. But I was going to suggest making that a larger playset -- like the Stage playset w/ Sweetums -- and selling it independent of any specific Series.

I have been wracking my brain to come up with "Muppet Labs Sized" playsets -- especialy playsets that could include variations of major characters. That's why I suggested a dressing room. It is a space that was used on over half of the shows, and it would fit Miss Piggy perfectly. Just an idea.

Anyway, more to come. Thanks for the encouragement.

Travis

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Travis

Oh I see now;-) yes, i guess i was only thinking of just getting Lips in there just to say they ended with only 8 series.just shove the stage set, back stage set, and a Lips and Thog fig in there and you got a perfect entire Muppet Show set!

well i would actualy rather have an animal alternate then Scooter seen that Scooter will most likely have an exculsive "at least another fourm of him" and animal will only have one fig and he's going to be very popular, but as Ken said they may do an Animal repaint for the next fair in san fran, being another harder fig to get with only 400 made.

so then Scooter could be done if that and no Pepe, but what kinda Scooter were you thinking of? Ringmaster Scooter from the dancing bear song in the first ep of the MS? that would be cool with a mustash,top hat, wip and all. and Fozzie was just good old fozzie in that so they could be paired together latter when you own them both.

Zack)Rowlf the, or alternate Kermit would be good too,but it would be nice to give it to scooter or animal,Dog.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I see that there is a way that Gonzo, Beauregard, Statler, Newsman, Reporter Kermit, Nurse Piggy, Dr. Bob, Waldorf, Lips, Exploded Beaker, Patrol Link, Patrol Bear, Marvin Suggs, Uncle Deadly, Rizzo, Motorcycle Piggy, Pops, Gaffer, Sweetums, Robin and Thog can all be included in 2003 and Pepe as well. I don't see what the whole competition is. I would like Nigel, Lewis Kazagger or even Annie Sue, but I could wait for them. I would also like to see Mahnah Mahnah, but there has been a reported problem with the rights.

Since it looks like 2 versions of Sam are already coming out, I don't see the need for a third Sam figure coming out next year.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Jamie

Yes Jamie, that's a good point, of all the figs Kermit and Miss Piggy will have the most(which they should!)
the regular Kermit and Piggy, Tux Kemit and long haried Piggy, Reporter Kermit and Firstmate Piggy along with Nurse Piggy, and then maybe Motorcycle Piggy

...hmm the Pig gets more, maybe there should be another Kermit like frog scoutmaster Kermit with packin Frogscout Robin, even thought I'm not sure if Kermit appeard like that in the show.just an idea.

have it been stated the foo foo will come with the vets set or motorcycle piggy?either will work.

all thought i like the idea of another Sam, I'm not too big on the Tux, not that i don't like it, but uncle Sam "Sam" would be the top of my list!

I know the Swdish Chef wouldn't really make much of a diffrent repaint,(Bunsen as well) but just to add a shot gun with Chef would be neat,but there are MUCH better ideas.

Animal does need a repaint.

Zack)Rowlf the, Dog.

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Frogboy -

I see what you mean about Sam; however, ONE of the two variations coming out is a proposed EXCLUSIVE, and I did not consider those among the regular assortment... Some fans may not be able to get them -- that is why I included a second Sam.

As for Pepe, the general vibe that I am getting is that people would rather see the classics come first... so in my "plan," I am sticking to classic TMS characters.

Again, these are just my prelimiary ideas. More to come... (I know, I know... please try to contain your excitement... LOL)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ken was talking about a possible Animal repaint this year.

Anyway, the reason I'm not hot on another Sam or Kermit is that they are unneccessary 2004-type figures. I'd rather see some characters that haven't yet been made at all - much less someone like Sam (who will have 2 figures already) and Kermit (Who will have 3 by then). I'm sure more Kermits will come out if the line makes past 03 and possibly another Sam and Bunsen too, but I really hope they don't clog up the regular selection. Keep in mind that the Kermit and Sam you propose would be choice, so they would come in the reguar line. I'd rather have any number of other characters first. :smile: