Your ideas: 4 free 03 Palisades spots?

Kermie19

Reaction score
I don't post much, but this looked like fun. Here's who I'd like to see.
- Mahna Mahna
- Lips
- Uncle Deadly
- Wind-up Robot Kermit for the Varient Kermit

Kermie19

towels

Reaction score
Variant Kermit

What about a Kermit the Pig?
Wasn't the Pigs Taking Over episode the basis of the first Muppet Show book?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Hey, aren't there more than only three free spots? The way I see it, after Series 5 there is absolutely nothing set in stone at all. Series 5 is the only one that has actually been started, so to me Series 6-8 would be totally open to guesses or ideas. In fact, I'd like to see what people would do with that line-up possibility. OK, some are obvious choices, like Waldorf, but the rest is open to interpretation. Any thoughts? How would you do it if you were to develop the product line? Sky's the limit...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Though I am aware it is all tentative and things can change, I thought most of these ideas were pretty firm because they came from your posts. Well, playing by some of the rules, here's my list of what kind of makes sense and what I'd like to see.

Series 6
1 Nurse Piggy (Thought this was solid)
2 Nurse Janice (Ditto)
3 Waldorf (Needs to come right after Statler)
4 Lips (We all seem to like him!!!)
5 Dr Bob with Vet's Hospital set (Thought this was solid)
* Lips Repaint (Makes sense)
* Vaudeville Waldorf (Thought this was solid)
* Animal Repaint (Maybe in a T-shirt would totally rock!)

Series 7
1 Rizzo (Thought this was solid)
2 Patrol Link (Ditto)
3 Marvin Suggs (Ditto)
4 Nigel (Pleeeease!!)
5 Patrol Bear with set (Thought this was solid)
* Rizzo Repaint (Makes sense)
* Nigel repaint (Plays by the riules)
* Beaker Exploded (Don'y like him filling a regular spot)

Series 8
1 Biker Piggy with Foo Foo (Thought you were cool on the idea)
2 Pops with prop booth (Ditto)
3 Uncle Deadly (Kicks major butt!)
4 Mahnah Mahnah with Snowths (Extrememly necessary)
5 Thog and Gaffer with Backstage set (Worked for Sweetums)
* Piggy repaint (Follows the rules)
* Uncle Deadly repaint (Ditto)
* Bunsen repaint (Matches Beaker)

And if the Backstage set is seperate and deluxe, I'd like to see an environmental set with Kermit possibly. Maybe a Bein' Green sort of theme.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya Ken!

Well, I dunno what all folks could add that haven't been added so far to the lists.

Certainly, anything Fozzie where i'm concerned.

There's too much info for me to register and try to remember really, so I have to ask: Where are we in the decision of Mahna Mahna and the Snowths? We have the opportunity with the continuance of the series to have all the characters in costume from the Linda "Wonder Woman" episode, or Elton John episode.

Maybe even some stuff from maybe some specials? Kermit and Piggy in Casablanca from The Muppets Go To The Movies.

I can't think of anything else.

Thanks for listening to us all blab, Ken.

FOZ

PS...
Oh, yeah...what Frogboy said.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Hey...all those "solid" ones need to be clarified. When I said nothing is set in stone, it might seem to conflict with the perception that some things that I have talked about solidly. It's tough for me to remember that to me this is all thinking out loud to a group who dig the Muppets. But sometimes I know there is an anxiousness to lock stuff down. When I say anything about what I want or what would be a definite in my "opinion" it should always be asterisked by "subject to change".

You guys are actually seeing what happens day to day. Things change all the time in all the stuff I have worked on. Here's an example. Bear on Patrol Fozzie...created as a variant to regular Fozzie in series 2, initially postponed to not have a fully sculptural exclusive in any series. Then moved to a different series. Then bumped out of that series when the Stage gets moved and the Statler and Waldorf figs get put into blisters in favor of Sweetums in the set who really is a cost issue in a blister. Then because of a good conversation or two and some further thought he is moved into a Bear on Patrol projected playset. Then, after some discussions in the office and with some retailers a fully sculptural Fozzie is resurrected as an exclusive for the "Vacation Fozzie". SO theoretically we are back where we started, with a sculptural exclusive for series 2 of Fozzie!

This is the nature of the job...maybe not for all companies, but certainly for ours. We try to stay fluid and responsive and go with the flow. SO it can be frustrating I know...because everybody wants to see their favorite figs made. But at least you know for sure what is in Series 3 and 4, with the exclusives being the only real non solid decisions yet. I think the most difficult part of all this is the WAITING. I have been waiting for the release of Series One since last August when we started settling the license. Man...this stuff takes a while.

Ken

matleo

Reaction score
Actually, with a few exceptions, I kinda like Jamie's list (for the most part) I dunno about Nigel. Ditto for Thog. And I don't quite see a Snooth being "packed in" with Mahna mahna but certainly I could see tting them in the same series. Also, Robin isn't listed anywhere but wasn't there talk of putting him in the theater playset now. I don't remember. I do think that down the line, Angus McGarnalge would be cool, But I don't think the timing is right for him to be in Series 5. Maybe around 7 or so when more of the real FAVE guys are out there. Angus would be good, but who knows. I'd also like to see JP Grosse as well as Lewis Kazaager at some point. The problem is keeping that "fizz" in each wave so that it does as well as the last one.

Oh and Ken, when and if you get to doing that Patrol Bear set, you should include an octopus. Consider it a heads-up on a fan-nugget. Fozzie picks up the octopus for pick-pocketing and wrestles with it whiel Link bumbles through some paper work. The phone rings and Link answers it while Fozzie is basicall being strangled. Then Link leans over and tells Fozzie ot get down to the aquarium casue their prize octopushas been kidnapped. The ocotpus stands up (wearing Fozzie's uniform), salutes Link, and leaves.

--Matt

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
WAY ahead of you on that one. I loved that skit and had already planned the Octopus as a possible accessory. Perfect for a soft PVC piece. But keep them ideas coming...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I LOVE the octopus Bear on Patrol Sketch!! HEE HEE!!

FOZ

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
matleo

I was thinking about an octopus for the set too. Very cool! About Robin, I think that it was expressed that he would come with Sweetums. I hope he does.

Ken

The list I have put up from 6-8 is listed as tentative, but are from collected posts and the extreme guesses are marked. That is where the 4 free spots came from. Not that everything is locked down, but that is what we have been given to go on so far. The 4 extra spots haven't had any substancial reports so that's where the idea of the thread came from. Much of it makes sense though Lewis Kazzager and JP would be nice additions as has been stated by others.:smile: