Your hopes for Muppets/Disney

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
im wishin' and hoping for....
- way way way more added to the parks, preferably in california (because we need something new BAAAAADLLLLY)
- new movies, i'm sorry if its blasphemy but i liked the disney/ muppet ones best, i.e MCC and MTI
- new tv show, as long as its directed towards an adult audience like the original, not to younger folk like with muppets tonight
- more palisades toys because palisades action figures are 18 times better than any disney stuff ( trust me, i'm a disneyana collector, i know)
- MUPPETFEST!!! must have muppetfest!
- cool new creative projects that would have kept with Jim's desire to keep testing new mediums
i think thats all i want for now, Thanks!

jediX

Reaction score
It's hard to be optimistic when you just have a bad feeling about something, but here are a few of the pluses and minuses I've come up with. Boldized are the major plus and major minus (to me), respectively.

• Plus: More stuff will be potentially available on video and tv.
  • Plus: Funding.
  • Plus: More park merch. The Muppetvision plushes are some of my faves.
  • Plus: More publicity.
  • Minus: Near-guarantee of overpublicity.
  • Minus: The current state of Disney's business plan in general.
  • Minus: The seeming-guarantee of cheapquels.
  • Minus: CG Muppets. Waldo should be the only CG Muppet, PERIOD (unless it is some sort of movie thing that involves puppetry as well).
  • Minus: The separation of Fraggles, Muppets, and Sesame Muppets.
  • Minus: Muppets not being part of Henson, which they were the heart of pretty much.
  • Minus: Separation, tension, and possible destruction of the fanbase and fan community.
  • Potential minus: Muppet characters may be reduced to levels below where they are or belong. IE, a persona change or addition/deletion of characters.
  • Potential minus: Palisades losing the license, or not being able to renew it, should they choose to go past what it is right now. I really don't have a clue about this one, so I won't continue with it.
  • Potential minus: I can deal with "Disney presents: Jim Henson's Muppets" (wasn't that how it was for the two Disney-affiliated films?). But I swear, if they change it to "Disney's Muppets".....
  • Potential minus: Uncertainty of what amount of archival material Disney has purchased. Does this include the things affiliated with both 'classic' Muppets and the Creature Shop (JHH), since those properties are still with JHC?
  • Potential Minus: Prior Disney crackdowns on improper usage of owned properties. IE, the daycares they threatened action against in the mid-90s for displaying images of Disney characters on the walls.
I hope for the best, but have to be ready for the worst.

dmx10101

Reaction score
Thats a very good and accurate list jedix, To me the minuses will end up outweighing the pluses.

beaker

Reaction score
THE GOOD:

Muppet merch everywhere, coming out your ears! Because, we finally need quality Muppet merch:wink: Ok Im being ficisious...but man, ever since 2002, weve seen a bevy of *quality* obscure merch...and now what?

new theme park attractions: swedish chef diner? rides? attractions?

new tv show: no telling if it will be edgy or coddlingly sad

new films/projects/specials: can it get any worse than Oz?

THE BAD:

reporter: so JHC, what do ya own again?
JHC: Um, well we hold the principal ancilary rights to the Hoobs,
Mopatop, Construction Site, and Bear in the...um, never mind that one.
reporter: I see...so JHC no longer owns the rights to Sesame and the Muppets, to two things it was built on?
JHC: Hey, look at the time! Got some checks to cash...ooh I wonder if the watercooler is in?

WALT DISNEY'S MUPPETS

The possible cancellation of Palisades(the greatest muppet merch company ever), Sababa, etc

The contractual possibility of a seperation of performer and puppet

The possibility Muppets will get sucked into Disney character cannon

So there ya have it...see my mind is making me think this is some high fever induced thing....and that this is a pre pre april fool's joke. Then again, if Muppets@WDW makes it to dvd...it cant be all bad right?

MuppetNewsFlash

Reaction score
Some more things I would like to see come out of this.

1) Turn Pizza Planet (since I'm sure they'll play down the PIXAR stuff now) in MGM by MuppetVision3D into either a SwedishChef BorkBork Pizza and Kitchen or into Pop's Diner with Animatronic rats.

2) :big_grin: ELECTRIC MAYHEM CD

3) Add Bunsen and Beaker animatronics to EPCOTs Innoventions area showcasing the marvels of science! :eek:

4) Beauregard's Wacky Cab Ride!

5) ANY MUPPET RIDES!!!!

6) The NEW Muppet Show! :sleep: :boo:

7) Mickey Mouse Club hats that are green and have Kermit eyes rather than Mickey ears.

8) Is it too much to ask for merchandise like the old Peanut Brittle snakes that have Penguins explode out instead!! :zany:

That's all for now!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I think what I'm most hoping for would be highly entertaining and successful new film and television exposure for the Muppets. I think this, more than anything, will ensure their future.

oOoanimaloOo

Reaction score
RockSTAR girl said:
im wishin' and hoping for....
- way way way more added to the parks, preferably in california (because we need something new BAAAAADLLLLY)
- new movies, i'm sorry if its blasphemy but i liked the disney/ muppet ones best, i.e MCC and MTI
- new tv show, as long as its directed towards an adult audience like the original, not to younger folk like with muppets tonight
- more palisades toys because palisades action figures are 18 times better than any disney stuff ( trust me, i'm a disneyana collector, i know)
- MUPPETFEST!!! must have muppetfest!
- cool new creative projects that would have kept with Jim's desire to keep testing new mediums
i think thats all i want for now, Thanks!
I agree with gina because she speaks for me (just kidding) but really I do agree