Your hopes for Muppets/Disney

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
SarahHIYE said:
And I want everyone here to be happy :smile:
Well said. :smile: Change is tough, but here's hoping that this deal eventually turns into something we can all be happy with and proud of.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
If you've read my other posts about this, I'm sick. My stomach hurts.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Forgot to post my hopes:

I hope Disney proves me wrong and makes me happy in the end with this deal. Based on their track record, though, I don't see that happening.

beaker

Reaction score
without the cynicism and hurt...ok...

I Want:

swedish chef diner at disneyland adventure/wdw, as well as muppet rides and more of that stuff that was promised

a muppet planet hollywood/wwf type of diner in time square

a new show

a new movie

quality merchandise

the ability to let palisades run through their contract at least through early 2005, and the complete uninteruption of other licences

the performers, jhc people, etc to be happy

King Prawn

Reaction score
My first hope would be for everything to work out for the best but seeing as this stupid thing is actually happening then i'd at least like to see the following come from it.

Quality before quanity

A new Muppet show but not as a variety show cause I can just see the kind of stars Disney would pick coughRavencough.

For Palisades to continue as normal

No Mickey & Kermit interaction until they prove they can handle the Muppets.

No MB CGI show of CGI Muppet Movie (as is being planned maybe)

A nice good move but nothing having to do with Classic Literature.

A big expansion to the Muppet part of MGM studios.

For the Muppets to be treated as an adult and kids entertainment brand. They have MB they can go wild for the kids with that.

that's it really, oh and one more thing that the Henson kids DON'T GO THROUGH WITH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AndyL

Reaction score
My hope for the muppets is that they use Disney's money to get off one more good movie or tv series before they become bland and un-unique like every other entity Disney has purchased.

Also, perhaps a computer/video game that's actualy worth playing might be fun. I hear Disney is sometimes good at that. (Note to the creaters of such a game : Don't animate them like people. Animate them like puppets.)

Actualy, my real hope is that the Henson company will be able to use all this money to do something new and creative and wonderful. Even if it means leaving the Muppets behind. :-(

doctort13

Reaction score
What of MuppetCentral.com ???

Will The Mouse pull the plug on this wonderful web site?

alorindanya

Reaction score
No, Disney will not stop Muppet Central. There are plenty of Disney Fan sites out there (take the Laughing Place, for example) that are just like this. This isn't going against any copy rights. Nothing is being sold here.

somethingofafan

Reaction score
I think it's a given that this will increase the Muppets' visibility. I just hope it's through good quality new shows/movies/etc. and rereleases of the older stuff (even with the "vault" policy, we might could see a video rerelease of a Muppet film every other year with some left over). I definitely agree that the Muppets will be busy (at least in the first few years).

Besides, now maybe Pooh won't have to carry the load by himself. :wink: