1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Feedback: Muppet Central Radio

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, May 3, 2003.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Hi Zack,

We're doing some radio maintenance so there will be a greater frequency in the playback of tunes for the next day or so. Things will be back to normal later this weekend. As always, thanks for listening.
  2. Squigiman

Squigiman Active Member

Hey Phil,
    Thanks for the clarification. I listen to the channel on my iPhone Live365 app quite often, these days, and that's why it was just a letdown to hear the exact same list of songs twice in one day, with all of the great variety of Muppet songs out there. I understand about the maintenance, of course. Also, as a quick question, I was just wondering where you get some rarer recordings that can't just be ripped from a show, like the music played at the Muppet area of Disney's Hollywood Studios. If you can't say, I understand, but either way, I envy the huge collection MCR has built up. Keep up the great work!

-Zach
  3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the Muppet*Vision stuff was donated to him by an insider or someone.
  4. Oscarfan

Just heard the 2012 TEC theme; love hearing some (great) new songs!
    Phillip likes this.
  5. Oscarfan

hate to triple post, but another error: Ernie and Elmo's "Share" should be part of the 1990's, not the 1980's.
  6. Phillip

I agree. This has been updated. Thank you Shane.
  7. Oscarfan

Ah, using the new Fraggle iTunes artwork for the Radio artwork; very nice!
    Phillip likes this.
  8. AnimatedC9000

AnimatedC9000 Well-Known Member

The song "Groovy People" is from the Lou Rawls episode of The Muppet Show, which (unless I'm wrong) was in Season 2, not Season 1. Just wanting to clarify that, since it's been bugging me to no end whenever I see the Season 1 TMS pic on that song when it pops up...
  9. Phillip

Thank you. This has been updated. You'll be bugged no more. ;)
  10. KissesToKermie

KissesToKermie Well-Known Member

Thanks to all the people who made the radio possible! There's nothing like surfing the web, and listening to non-stop Muppet music! I truly appreciate it!

:)
  11. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

I noticed a little error. Eight Balls of Fur is under Sesame 1990s, but isn't it from 1989?

Also a suggestion, perhaps you could have special weekend line ups like on radio stations. For example Classic Sesame Street weekend. Something like that. Almost like how during Christmas time, there would be Christmas related music. Something like that but more spontaneous special line ups on the weekends like "The Best of Richard Hunt", "Best of Christoper Cerf", "Muppet Show music lineup" something like that I think would be cool. Also does Muppet Central radio take requests? I figure the playlists are usually made ahead of time right?
  12. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hi Phil. Just curious, is there a reason why the RadioTerra MCR has been silent all day long? Whenever I click on the link to get it started, it just doesn't play anything even after waiting about half a minute to let it get started.
    Hope this helps and the station comes back online soon.
  13. Oscarfan

It's working for me.
  14. The Count

Well, it's not working for me. I click on "Announcements", then head to the "Christmas at Muppet Central" thread, then click on the "RadioTerra" link in Phil's first post there which takes me to the station page. It takes about half a minute to load and start playing or less, but today it's been completely quiet not playing anything.
  15. Oscarfan

Just a few things I've noticed:
    • "Don't Walk" by Chrissy and the Alphabeats is from the 1980's, not the 1990's (it's not the band either, but whatever)
    • "Song About TR" and E&B's "Wake Up!" are from 2000 and 2003 respectively, not the 1990's.
    • Ernie's "Animals in My Bedroom" song is from the 1990's and not the 2000's
  16. The Count

*Wonders if anyone else has noticed the same thing I have about today's playlist. :jim:
    Phillip likes this.
  17. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

When will Christmas music start playing on the radio?
  18. Phillip

We'll play all Christmas beginning on Friday November 29, the day after Thanksgiving.
  19. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Awesome! thanks for the info!
  20. The Count

If there's one thing I can count on in November, besides the end of DST (Daylight Savings Time), it's that MCR has songs from Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas added to the daily rotation. Dunno why though, but I'm glad for that small advance of the Muppet Christmas holiday season. :jim:
    dwayne1115 likes this.