Your Feedback: Muppet Central Radio on Live365

Status
Not open for further replies.

David French

Reaction score
Off-hand I can't remember it but it was from an album called Songs For Kids (or something like that). When I entered the forum, the picture had changed to a shot of the TMS cast c.1978.

PinkTribeChick

Reaction score
Lately - when I try to go to listen to MC Radio - it tells me the station's full. This has happened at various times during the day, and while I don't have a VIP membership, I do have a free basic one.
Also - when I do manage to get through to listen - the sound will just go out in the middle of song for a few seconds, then come back on. I know it's not my speakers - I've checked.
Is there a reason for this? Has there been a lot of listeners lately, or is something wrong with the station?
Thanks in advance for the help! :smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lately - when I try to go to listen to MC Radio - it tells me the station's full. This has happened at various times during the day, and while I don't have a VIP membership, I do have a free basic one.
Yes, we've had a lot of listeners lately and this tends to happen espescially during midday-to-late afternoon US time. If you start listening earlier in the day or in the evening you should be able to get in. VIP memberships do offer a lot including twice the sound quality, guaranteed access 24/7, a better radio player and more. You can get a free five-day VIP trial here.

Also - when I do manage to get through to listen - the sound will just go out in the middle of song for a few seconds, then come back on. I know it's not my speakers - I've checked.
Is there a reason for this? Has there been a lot of listeners lately, or is something wrong with the station?
Thanks in advance for the help! :smile:
In the past 24-36 hours, we've had a lot of storms which have caused some technical issues from our live broadcast computer. The issues should be cleared up now though. If you still have trouble, post here with more details and we'll try to help.

little jerry

Reaction score
hiya phil jsut a quick question is Muppet central planning to do anything specail for Fred Rogers 80th birthday?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hiya phil jsut a quick question is Muppet central planning to do anything specail for Fred Rogers 80th birthday?
Fred Rogers' music will be in high rotation on Muppet Central Radio beginning tomorrow on his 80th birthday and through Easter weekend. Here are some Fred Rogers' Tributes from a few years ago.

little jerry

Reaction score
jumps up and down I jsut heard my all time favorite mister rogers song let's be together today yippie!:smile:

David French

Reaction score
Spotted another mistake with regards to the titles of songs. You've just been playing Miss Piggy singing "On a Slow Boat to China" from the Roger Moore episode of TMS. According to Wikipedia, the full title is "(I'd Like to Get You on a) Slow Boat to China".

RyGuy

Reaction score
MCR hasn't been functioning correctly

Hello, I have been noticing that the radio portion of the Muppet Central webpage is not functioning correctly. What happens is every time I click on the "Now Playing"logo just under the photo that corresponds with the song/ musicial piece that's currently playing, " I find myself on the default page which features a photo of the muppets in a group photo with Kermit the Frog in the center. on the top of the page, there's a big yellow symbol indicating to click here in order to play the station.

Whenever I click on the yellow symbol with the black arrow it brings up the normal sign-in page. when I type the required information it brings me to the normal "live 365 " intoductory "message with a male voice. I only hear a portion of an advertisement then the station "stops " and I am unable to hear the music. In Case you are wondering ,I am not a member of Live 365 .

My only theroy is that maybe you are required to be a member to acess MCR now . That's the only logicial explanation I can come up with. I put togther context clues and seeing this is occuring more frequently nowadays , that led me to believe this was the case . Am I correct ?:smile: :confused:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe that the first 10 times you listen, Live365 doesn't require you to login but after that they do. Your information is kept private and having an account gives you some additional listening options and features. Let us know if you still have trouble after you create an account.

Now if you what you are seeing is a station full message that means that all of our "free" listener slots are currently full. By signing up for a Live365 VIP membership you are guaranteed access 24/7 and get much higher sound quality.

Thanks for listening.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
RyGuy, if you have iTunes you can listen for free, that's what I do. Somehow I got the station feed onto my iTunes playlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.