Your Feedback: Muppet Central Radio on Live365

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Another thing you can try is, next time you log into MCR with your Live365 member name and password, click on the Remember Me checkbox nearby. This should help you on subsequent log-ins to the station feed as a free listener.
Hope this helps.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Phil... Something weird just happened. So I'm listening to MCR as a free listener like always, which I can enjoy all the live-long day. But then I get this message saying that my curren free listener session wil expire in a few minutes, and to click a "Continue" button. That then allows me to keep listening like usual... But it feels like now Live365 is pushing the VIP sign-up feature more aggressively. Is this a new change to the radio station while I've been away lately? Just something that tweaked me the wrong way and thought I'd post about it. Hope this can be settled soonish.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like you are talking about the "Are You Still There" prompt that comes up about every 45 minutes or so on the free version of the stream. These began in March 2007 in response to much higher proposed royalty rates that we pay per listener per track. The "Are You Still There" prompt ensures that there is actually someone listening at that time and the stream isn't playing when no one is there.

Also beginning this month Live365 has dramatically increased their broadcasting fees and lowered the number of "free listeners" on all of their plans in response to the new royalty rates which are still being negotiated. So because of both of these factors, yes they are pushing VIP membership more as of late.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. Sounds like a year after everybody's fears, we have to take up the fight again of keeping rates competitive and not the ridiculous raises initially talked about. Oh well, I hope MCR keeps playing.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Hey Phil. I was listening to the Muppet Radio today and saw a mess up on a Fraggle Rock song. The name was right and everything but it said it was from Season 2.

Heed To The DrumBeat was the song. Just wanted to let you know. Keep up the wonderful work you've done for this radio. I have songs you might not have send to you here sometime when i get a chance. But i'll email you first and let you tell me if you don't have them or do.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Phil. I was listening to the Muppet Radio today and saw a mess up on a Fraggle Rock song. The name was right and everything but it said it was from Season 2.
Good catch. This one has been updated.

David French

Reaction score
Noticed a possible mistake - the LP version of "Lady of Spain" was played on MC Radio a couple of minutes ago. This was billed as simply "Lady of Spain", but the actual track listing as given on the back cover of the LP is Marvin Suggs and His Muppaphone Play "Lady of Spain".

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Haven't heard the song in a while.

Is it still in rotation?
Yes, we play three different versions. The original, the one with Julie Andrews and the latest version from the new "Love the Earth" DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.