Your Animal Replica Pictures

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I know what you all mean, I keep fixing Animals hair all the time and trying different poses with Kermit. I cannot keep my hands off of them. My mom came over one time and saw me fixing Animals hair, she said that what am I going to do when Piggy comes next, do a whole makeover? I said they are all getting makeovers.

This weekend, I am going to be working on Animals tongue issue, I just had to wait for the weekend when I am off work to do it. I will post pics when I get a final decision on it.

MWoO

Reaction score
Got mine.. #93, so thats kind of exciting compared to my 2300+ kermit.
Eyes are right on mine, but it is irritating that on a $400 collectible, they couldn't have cast the eye mech in black plastic. That's just being lazy.
Actually I hink what they were going for is the illusion that his eyes are closer together than they actually are. As I have said many times, Animal's eyes should be right next to each other. However, when you look at the white outline that the eye mech gives him, it appears as if the eyes are in the right position. Though what I don't get is why they could not make the plastic pieces in the same way Palisades did their eyelid pieces, one piece instead of two separate lids. They could have had the eyes in the right spot and you wouldn't notice the pieces as much.

So, basically I agree it is a bad design choice, though for a different reason. As for the packaging, I don't get why they have to cram these things in there. I get that you can't have a box that is TOO big, but I would think they could do something with the design to make it a little more roomy. But really no matter how you pack him he's going to come out of the box with hat hair. Just the way it is.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
So, basically I agree it is a bad design choice, though for a different reason. As for the packaging, I don't get why they have to cram these things in there. I get that you can't have a box that is TOO big, but I would think they could do something with the design to make it a little more roomy. But really no matter how you pack him he's going to come out of the box with hat hair. Just the way it is.

If I remember, Was Once Earnie said that when he was at Comic Con, Travis told him that the reason why they put him in the same size box as Kermit is because of shipping. That's how Master Replicas can ship these out for free. WOE, correct me if I am wrong. :smile:

doc hopper

Reaction score
you know what i was thinking? When i was working on getting Animal's hair to lay down, I was wondering why they didn't push Animal's hair in at an angle instead of straight in. the reason it sticks straight out is because that's how it's coming out of his head. if they'd been able to push it in from below at an angle, it could naturally lay down.

Luckily with Gonzo, Fozzie and Rizzo, you don't have long hair.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
you know what i was thinking? When i was working on getting Animal's hair to lay down, I was wondering why they didn't push Animal's hair in at an angle instead of straight in. the reason it sticks straight out is because that's how it's coming out of his head. if they'd been able to push it in from below at an angle, it could naturally lay down.

Luckily with Gonzo, Fozzie and Rizzo, you don't have long hair.

This is what I did with mine. I gently pushed on the hair to where it layed down just right. It wasn't too hard to get it right. As for his mustache, I just put a couple of stitches at the base of the feather in the direction I wanted it to go and that worked out great!

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Had Animal for 3 days now, and each day I am getting happier with him.

I also noticed the stitching on the right arm which ran down the middle of the arm, and the two left arms theory seems correct, however I twisted it 180 degrees the other way and the stitching is under the arm and looks fine?

The hair is also still a bit too wild for my liking and I may put a few small stitches in to keep them in place, I agree if they had originally been stitched in the right direction it would have worked well.

Anyway, here is another snap shot of Animal, he is wearing his chain, which I am very happy with, it was 2 meters long, and cost me £3.00 in my local hardwear store! I simply looped it round the neck and have a bit dangling down the back which is out of sight to balance the weight on either side. I simply linked the chain together with small keyring type latch! With the hair under the lower lip, I dont think a neck collar would be seen much any way? Let me know what you think guys.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f112/KERMIE1/AnimalinChains.jpg

Chris

Telly

Reaction score
The chain looks pretty sweet! Is that what his hair looks like when Animal's taken out of the box?

muppetguy

Reaction score
I Got Animal!

I received Animal in the mail today. I am SOOOO happy I bought him, thanks to some members on this site. I will take a pic when his hair settles a little more. I love him! I will try to take a bonus pic for christmas. :smile: :halo: