Your Animal Replica Pictures

Roughneck

Reaction score
I got mine in today (# 843) and I couldn't be happier.....well I could be...have the same hair issues as others....and I think his nose is slightly off color....but he's great....I also wish he'd come with his collar and chain.....but those are easy enough to fix....what I am worried about is getting his braclets and anklets....they need to be accurate.....not sure just yet how I'm going to do those....but the collar and chain will be easy....and drumsticks.....

Hey Muppetperson...what did you use for the drums? I was thinking of finding some kid size drum sets....then again I won't really need the drums unless we get the rest of the Electic Mayhem (Crosses fingers)

vaderdentist

Reaction score
Animal....

My Animal arrived and overall I'm quite happy with him. I've already begun some tweaks though........smaller pupils,cover white plastic of eyebrow mechanism, hair hair hair, tongue replacement and to me the most important thing.......he needs a bigger more orangish red nose. The nose needs to hang down just below the top of his mouth too. I think MR really dropped the ball on his nose and tongue.........not the correct colors whatsoever!

Two other things that bug me but can't be fixed without a major overhaul: The eyebrow mechanism, shouldn't go down between his eyes (this pushes eyes too far apart), as the original was simply a wire shaped like a "bow" that simply covered both eyes. The material behind the eyes shouldn't be foam, it's supposed to be orange spandex. The teeth, The shape is actually correct, I don't care for the fact that they are resin, but they should have at least positioned the teeth correctly. The outer 2 teeth should be pointing up and out....the "points" of the rest of them should be pointing towards the tongue. This make him look more "dog-like".

Yes I will likely tackle all these issues because I won't be happy until I do.......LOL.

I'll post pics soon.

Dave :smile:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Drum/Hair issue

I got mine in today (# 843) and I couldn't be happier.....well I could be...have the same hair issues as others....and I think his nose is slightly off color....but he's great....I also wish he'd come with his collar and chain.....but those are easy enough to fix....what I am worried about is getting his braclets and anklets....they need to be accurate.....not sure just yet how I'm going to do those....but the collar and chain will be easy....and drumsticks.....

Hey Muppetperson...what did you use for the drums? I was thinking of finding some kid size drum sets....then again I won't really need the drums unless we get the rest of the Electic Mayhem (Crosses fingers)
The drum kit I used is a toy kid's drum set made by Power Play and retails for $19.99.Not sure of the retailer as I got mine off ebay.
Regarding the hair, I wonder if you spray the feathers with hair spray if it would do any long term damage, preservation wise?

Reevz1977

Reaction score
I was contemplating spraying water at first to see if it weighs it down.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Ooops! Did use water. Not sure if it's the look I was going for, he looks as though he's been swimming:stick_out_tongue: It reminds me of the time I used Brasso on my Tag Heuer - not recommended!

Fingers crossed for when he drys out:embarrassed: Will keep you all posted. Heres a thought though, theres a thread for successful Animal alterations, maybe I could start one for the opposite!

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I don't know what the issue is with the eyes. They suppose to be the size they are according to Terry. To me, he looks fine. If I got the pupils smaller, he would not look right and his likeness would be off. I am happy with mine so I am not going to change them. I asked Terry about the tongue and he gave me the scoop so this is my next project. I just need to go out and find the right type of soft foam is all. This will be my weekend project! :wink:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
So, let me see if I've got this straight. Everybody who's been complaining so vehemently that Gonzo's nose can't possibly be made out of foam, is now complaining because Animal's tongue ISN'T made out of foam?

I just want to know.

:stick_out_tongue:

MWoO

Reaction score
So, let me see if I've got this straight. Everybody who's been complaining so vehemently that Gonzo's nose can't possibly be made out of foam, is now complaining because Animal's tongue ISN'T made out of foam?

I just want to know.

:stick_out_tongue:
No, I'm complaining about both. :stick_out_tongue: