Your Animal Replica Pictures

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Wow, everybody has such great pics of their Animal! That's cool. I've been wanting to post my own, but haven't gotten any time until today.

I've just got 3 pics I'm showing, the first is after I replaced his pupils with velvet and glued black felt onto his eyelids (they're adjustable now, yay!), and the second two are basically the same pics, but they're taken after I bought some drumsticks yesterday afternoon (Antony beat me to it I see, ha ha). I wanted to buy a stool for Animal to sit or stand on, but I haven't found one that I like yet, so he's just on his box for now. I'm gonna do something completely different when I get another free weekend, but that won't be for a while!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/toughie47/MRAnimal.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/toughie47/MRAnimalKermit1.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/toughie47/MRAnimalKermit2.jpg
I always love the poses you put the Muppets in. I cant wait to see more......get a free weekend !

Reevz1977

Reaction score
lucky you.....what are you gonna do with the 2nd?
He's gonna keep my other Kermit company in the loft. I want to try and have at least 2 of all the characters, One to display and the others left MIB as I realise in years to come these will become extortionate on the secondary market.:smile:

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
He's gonna keep my other Kermit company in the loft. I want to try and have at least 2 of all the characters, One to display and the others left MIB as I realise in years to come these will become extortionate on the secondary market.:smile:
Oh god yeah.............I wonder if any of us will be on the Antiques Road show in 40 yrs time! I do think they will be worth a **** of a lot in yrs to come.
On another note is anyone tempted to make their replicas festive! I told my wife that Animal and Kermit will be having X Mas hats and stand around the tree pulling a cracker.............I had a look of horror and I havent bought it up since!LOL

markit

Reaction score
Thanks alot antonydavanzo , I'll have a go at pimping my Animal as soon as he arrives, nice to see a fellow UK Muppet enthusiast on here. I did end up ordering my Animal from the Collector Zone, thanks for the recommendation.

If I peel off the original pupils, is it possible to re position them or do I have to apply new ones, again, sorry if i'm just asking the same questions as every one else.

I've got plans to set Animal up on a mini drum kit in my music room at home, gotta be done! Imagine having the whole Electric Mayhem band, doubt that'll happen but it would be awesome, don't know where the **** i'd be able to fit them all! Running out of space already from all the Muppet figures.

Would be great if these did become valuable in the future, but I am slightly hesitant to buy all of them, just in case they start producing actual puppet replicas too, so I'd hate to have spent a fortune on them all, only to have to fork out again for them in puppet form, but maybe that'll never happen.

roastnebrie

Reaction score
hey gang!

het everyone sorry I haven't posted in a while but,i do log in about 4 times a day to check on whats going on. I just want to say that i have enjoyed the new picts of Animal and cant wait till mine arrives. Im so sorry to hear that people are not satisfied with how animal came out(far better than the fisher price one) .still I think that the Henson company is very generous in allowing us to own real muppets for the very first time. I hope everyone enjoyed there thanksgiving and hope to see more picts soon, your friend rob!:big_grin:

markit

Reaction score
Oh god yeah............. On another note is anyone tempted to make their replicas festive! I told my wife that Animal and Kermit will be having X Mas hats and stand around the tree pulling a cracker.............I had a look of horror and I havent bought it up since!LOL

Ha , brilliant idea! I think i'll go for that too, but no doubt i'll get the same looks of horror from my family, may be abit worried they might not stay in one piece with my neice and nephew running around all Christmas :big_grin: I'm so protective over Kermit, hardly let anyone touch him , which is abit sad :smile:

King Prawn

Reaction score
My friends recently told me (better yet made fun of me) for always holding Kermit as if he were a child and I hadn't realised till they told me. I always hold him around the waist facing me and never put him upside down or hold him as a rugby ball or anything. I try and toiuch him the least I can and when I do i'm very carefull so he doesn't get dirty or break... I don't know why my friends don't understand that:big_grin:

At least their over the fact that I spent so much money on what they consider a toy but who cares what they think... BRING ON ANIMAL! :halo:

(I should be recieving him soon)

MWoO

Reaction score
Ha, I'm the same way with my Kermit. I always wash my hands and dry them completely before handling Kermit, that is if I haven't washed them within an hour or so. (that sounds so OCD) After my initial posing of Kermit I just left him there to sit and be perfect. If and when i get Animal I'll probably be a little more rough on him, though I suspect that once I get that perfect pose he'll stay still for a while.

Question about Animal's shirt. It looks to me like his sleeves are far more tight around his upper arms than I am use to. From what I remember his sleeves were a lot looser, almost like bell bottom sleeves (though I don't think that is a real fashion term). Is this true or was it just the pose of the pic I saw?