Worst Muppet Film

Frogster

Reaction score
What he's talking about is Frank Oz doing Muppets Wizard of Oz. I don't think he'll have anything to do with it. Frank, to me, seems to almost have parted ways with his roots and gone on to make some of his own movies. If I heard that Frank was going to join with that project, I'd be happy to hear it. :mad:

Lisa D

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
The Muppets are not more "adult" now, children of today are. When I was a kid I would have been shocked by some of the things the Muppets do today, but the kids of today are shocked they aren't doing more. Things are changing. So if you see more sex jokes (for adults/teens), potty humor (for kids..and even adults/teens), QUOTE]

Okay, I'm new to this site and I don't want to start on a snarky note, but does anyone here actually remember the original Muppet Show? It was filled with sex jokes, potty humor, drug references, **** the Alice Cooper episode gave me nightmares off and on for 4 months. Raquel Welch dancing scantily clad with that giant spider estblished the sexual preference of most of my friends more than Princess Leia in the gold bikini. The Muppet Show, the early appearances on Saturday Night Live, Jim Henson himself sadi taht these were for adults, but sublte enough that kids could watch them. I myself didn't get a lot of the jokes until was older. Kids today aren't "more adult" than kids in the 70's and 80's. If anything I thought Muppets From Space was lot less racy than the muppets I grew up with :grouchy:

Snarkiness aside, I really liked Muppets From Space. It was a relief to see the characters being themselves again. To me it was a sign that the Muppets were back.

McFraggle

Reaction score
The Good Doctor said:
What don't you think it will happen?
Unfortunately, Frank Oz won't be directing the movie. That is what I was referring to. It doesn't sound like he's even going to be working (voicing, etc.)on the movie, let alone direct it.

WiGgY

Reaction score
He must be really busy if he isn't even doing anything with the muppets anymore. Honestly I feel like he's totally turned his back on the muppets. He didn't even show up at Muppetfest. I mean, come on. At least show up there. It was a weekend. I'm sure he could put aside a weekend!

Sorry, but he sits down to talk about Yoda in a Star Wars special for VH1 and for the new Trilogy DVD but he can't show up and do anything with the muppets anymore?

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Frank OZ

WiGgY said:
He must be really busy if he isn't even doing anything with the muppets anymore. Honestly I feel like he's totally turned his back on the muppets..........Sorry, but he sits down to talk about Yoda in a Star Wars special for VH1 and for the new Trilogy DVD but he can't show up and do anything with the muppets anymore?
I was just wonderig if he finally got sick of the down turn the Muppets have taken with their content and decided he wanted out.

Frank OZ has always had his side projects, and other things that he was involved with out side of the Muppets. Not to mention he is getting older and performing may be to hard for him any more. I mean Jim was 50 when he passed away to the next bing adventure. I would guess that Frank has got to be about 65 or may be even 70, so performing may be out for him.

Who knows? :stick_out_tongue:

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Personally, I havent seen many Muppet films- but all of the ones I have seen are pure genius; I dont get how youy could dislike any of them

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
scarylarrywolf said:
I find myself agreeing with McFraggle. MFS concentrated too closely on some of the supporting Muppets (Pepe, Rizzo, Bobo) and not enough on the lead characters (Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie),
I think Pepe is a main character now. After 25 years (at least I think its that much) Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie and Gonzo were the original principal muppets. But I think time has changed that. We now see Animal outside of the Electric Mayhem (which isnt a bad thing) and Pepe has joined our foursome; making them into a 6.

Mruusnic

Reaction score
I also liked Muppets from Space...man, now I have brick house stuck in my head :smirk: