1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Worst Muppet Film

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Beauregard, Apr 21, 2004.

1. The Good Doctor

The Good Doctor New Member

Yeah I really agree, although I did not find Whopie to be all that funny. I prefer the Muppets to be moral, but like you say keep religion out of it. Although in conext of the film it worked fairly well. I thought it was way lame that inorder to get kermit back to the real world the angel had to spit on him.

They could have coem up with a much better plot device than that, but then none of it was very clever. :p
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Yes, and Danniel seriously got on my nerves, that and looked like an icecream man from Hello Dolly.
  3. pppapazo

pppapazo New Member

I think the Boss & Daniel sequences went on a little long, but I thought Whoopi and David Arquette worked well.

My initial reaction to seeing Whoopi Goldberg in that role wasn't positive, but that was based more on her persona than on her performace. In VMX, she was actually very low-key and didn't chew the scenery like I expected her to.

As for David Arquette, I think this may be the best acting he's ever done. I thought he was very sincere and interacted very well with Kermit. He obviously loves working with the Muppets (he's much better here than in MFS) and I like him in this a lot.

But yeah, the spitting thing was stupid.
  4. The Good Doctor

HMMMM Plastic Trees

I think Danniel was hamming it up a bit much, like when he reads from the book about what to do with Kermit wishing he had never been born. It seemed to me a little contrived, and I thought he could have played the roll a bit straighter, lending a bit more realisum to the sequence. Instead I just got a very plastic feeling, that they were on a set with fake snow, fake trees and a lot of over acting.
  5. Mario

Mario New Member

I would say my least favorite Muppet movie is Muppet's Take Manhattan. I just never got into it.
  6. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

wow i love all the muppet movies
  7. The Good Doctor

Love /Vs Hate

I love the Muppets, I always have. And like any childhood friend they have had high points and low points. Over all while some things have shocked and disappointed me, I honestly have to say I have enjoyed parts if not all of what they have done.

I still have to say that IAVMMC is kind of the worst thing i have seen them do. :attitude:
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I think Oz will be worse... at least Parody is more original than blindly retelling a story... and without Jerry Juhl's writing too!
  9. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Yeah, I've got a bad feeling about the Wizard of Oz too.
  10. christyb

christyb New Member

Hey guys. Give it a chance. We haven't even seen it yet.
  11. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Oh, I will remain hopeful, and I will be open minded... and I guess that's all I can do.
  12. christyb

christyb New Member

Don't worry. I think we all are apprehensive about it.
  13. Drtooth

Let's just hope the NEXT movie will be much better.

Then again, even in a bad Movie the Muppets are always in top form.... the writing stinks the cameos stink, but the Muppets are always good.
  14. Handy Andy

Handy Andy New Member

Does "Elmo in Grouchland" count? Because if it does, then it sucks the most.
  15. Uncle deadly

Uncle deadly New Member

whaa!

what, Jerry Juhl is gone that sucks.
  16. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Hmmm. I haven't seen Kermit's Swamp Years so I can't comment on that. I don't know why so many people dislike VMC though. I thought that was one of the best. Oh, well. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

I'd have to say my least favorite Muppet Movie was the Christmas Carol. I just never thought it was quite as great at the others. Then again, I haven't seen it in years, so I'd be willing to give it another chance.
  17. christyb

christyb New Member

Then give it another chance!!! (Can you tell it's my favorite LoL). However as cute as Swamp Years was...It's not quite up with par as far as Muppet Movies go. Nothing here recently has been.
  18. DanDanStrawberry

DanDanStrawberry Active Member

Swamp Years is a kids movie though, it's aimed at kids-- kids! KIDS!! Maaallfuuuunctioning!! :zany:
  19. Drtooth

I have to agree, and that's what I've been saying for some time. It's a nice film... A classic... but it's more like the Muppets are guest stars in their own movie. Had Richard Hunt been alive, I feel Scooter could have at least played the Nephew of Scrooge. If it were a true Muppet Movie, the Muppets would be the stars, and the human celebrities would be just the secondary characters. Plus, Gonzo and Rizzo seem book ended into the film as Narrators to make it a touch more Muppety. Plus, Fozzie was bear-ly in it... Bearly! Ha Ha HA...
    :o

Though MCC has a stronger script than VMC, I think I like seeing the Muppets as themselves more than as secondary and tirtiary characters.
  20. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

You've put into words what I've thought since I saw it.