Worst Muppet Film

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Sorry

It seems that I am the only one who posts in here any more. I am sorry if I spoiled the fun, but i hopeyou will all come back again and play soon.

backpacker

Reaction score
Since the time I started watching muppet movies,even though I wasn't quite involved with the subject,there were some movies I didn't like for some reason.Later I realised that my favourite movies were all the old ones,where all the original members and Henson himself were performing.I find it annoying to hear Kermit's voice and knowing that it's not Jim's voice,I also think that an experienced viewer of the muppet show can tell whether the pupeteers are the originals.
I have to admit though that I enjoyed all the extras and the making of the K.S.Y. dvd....It's quite diffucult to get to watch this kind of footage these days.........

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Frogster said:
Gelfling Waldo,
I agree to the fact that the Muppets have to change. It is what sells, and change occurs all the time. Besides, the Muppet Company isn't going to get on this website and listen to a bunch of forum whiners who, in their mind, think that we have nothing better to do than to talk about how many times we've seen Kermit's sleeve at the bottom of the camera, or count how many times we've heard Fozzie go "Wocka wocka." We should be happy that they're doing what they can. You have to remember, the Jim Henson Hour didn't work, and Jim was still alive. You can live in the past and complain about the new voices, like I have, or you can watch the newcomers with admiration. You have to try and care. Remember who these characters are and why we love them. Am I right?
My thinking exactly. Disney just acquired the Muppets.Let them take their time & do things the way they know how.Then we'll see what happens & agree with what they've done, or not. Patience is virtue. As the Wicked Witch says,"All in good time my little pretty,all in good time.":zany:

McFraggle

Reaction score
As far as which movie (for the sake of argument only the six theatrical) I feel is worst:

(Drumroll...)

"Muppets From Space." It is enjoyable, but not nearly as good as the other movies are. :big_grin:

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
I find myself agreeing with McFraggle. MFS concentrated too closely on some of the supporting Muppets (Pepe, Rizzo, Bobo) and not enough on the lead characters (Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie), taking it a step down from classic Muppet films. It has its good moments, and it's nice to see a movie that breaks from the norm; but I think the lime-light was a little skewed and caused the movie to be so as well.

Plus, since when have the Muppets not done musicals? '70's Funk hardly compares.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Gonzo from Space

Muppets from Space was as I took it the story of Gonzo the Great, his quest to find out what he is, at last explained in bold face print. An Alien from another planet.

Well to me it was never necessary to explain what he is or is not, he is Gonzo and that was enough for me, a "What Ever". I always thought this was one of the coolest things Henson CO. ever did, the acceptance and understanding of friends towards some one who is different, not the same and not easily placed in to a category like Black, or White, or Indian, or What Ever.

Was it really necessary to explain that he comes from outer space and is some kind of space alien, I say NO because the Muppet gang still love him for exactly who and what he is, whatever that may be, he is a friend, and very often provides some of the most powerful and emotional moments in Muppet history.

"If it's weird and Wild lets go and find it the crazier the better, that’s what I say...Whoo Hoo hahah Heye Hhey!"

The lack of songs was a big let down, as music has almost always been an important part of The Muppets. Heart warming moments and said songs are Gonzos specialty, and Muppets from Space comes up flat for sure in that department.

Part of what makes the cameos in the Muppet Movie work is the fact that all of those famous actors at one time or another appeared on The Muppet Show, with the acceptation of a possible few. Muppets from space seemed to just through in cameos at will with out thought, or decision and they did not help to hold the plot together. It was a spoof of a spoof, the Muppets Spoofing every science fiction film ever made; spoofing the Muppets in a parody of what could have been a great Muppet film. :stick_out_tongue:

McFraggle

Reaction score
Muppet Pro said:
Bye the way, Didn't Frank dislike MFS and wanted to direct the next Muppet Movie ? And Wasn't there something wrong with the writing ? (Not Jerry Juil's writting, Of course Not.) :smile:
What I read was that Frank felt that they didn't do a good job with MFS, and yes he did want to direct the next Muppet movie. :big_grin:

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Frank OZ

I hope Frank OZ directs the Muppet Wizard of OZ, I think he will do a great job.